SRJ DEBT & British Gas!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a long story short,

i have a running debt with BG that Moorcroft were collecting fornightly from my door.

I was paying £10 per fortnight untill the bloke that was coming moved away and he said they would be in contact to let me know when the new person was coming.

Anyway i never did hear from moorcroft again so i left it (im not gonna chase them to pay am i )

Then i started to get nasty letters from Wescot threatening doorstep action!!

so i kindly sent them a letter saying that i will only communicate through writing and not to bother sending anyone to my house.

Didnt hear from these twits again

and now today i have yet another company SRJ DEBT COLLECTION CHASING THIS DEBT NOW.

They say they have used tracing enquires for confirmation of my current place of residence!!

So im thinking wel i was paying untill moorcroft failed to keep sending someone for payment and now its getting passed around to all these dodgy DCA's.

Is there a letter i can send to stop all this lot from chasing the debt? i know ill prob have to start paying again as ive been paying it in the past but can't just pay £1 a week/month to shut them up.

Thank you.

I take it the creditor was British Gas, I think you have challenge the new DCA

to prove they have the right to collect.

So use the do not acknowledge letter from the templates library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yes thats the one,make sure it does not sound like any for of admission to the alleged debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

me thinks you should never had paid this inthe first place

i bet morecrap were fleecing you and the money went direct to the collectors pocket!

if you weer able, i bet that the BG debt is still the same value ,if it existed at all.

they will all try it on as you've been allowed to be a cash cow

and the 'hey there's a mug at this address awaits fleecing ' msg would be passed around.

hope you are not paying any other debts off without having checked the CCA first1

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

http://www.energy-retail.org.uk/AbouttheCode.html

How much was this alleged gas bill with BG?

How long ago was it?

SRJ are going to wish they never had been given this to collect!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi No im not repaying anymore dodgy dca's thank god,but i know what you mean i wish i hadn't started to pay it either but he caught me on the hop at the door and i wasn't prepared for it if you know what i mean? But thats their game isn't it to catch you off guard. Surprisingly the amount isn't what the original amount owing was and the amount they have claimed on the letter matches the amount on the moorcroft card that i have. I am going to send them the prove it letter.

Thank u x

http://www.energy-retail.org.uk/AbouttheCode.html

How much was this alleged gas bill with BG?

How long ago was it?

SRJ are going to wish they never had been given this to collect!

Hi Please can you help? The original amount was £1646 and the amount now been chased which matches the Moorcroft card is ££906.02. The whole reason this has come about is because i disputed the amount with BG in the first place but they just tossed me about so i switched companys and told then to go away for their money. The debt dates back to 2007. Payments were made from 4/08 till 9/10.

why do you say their going to wish they had never been given this to collect???

Is the figure more or less?

If it is more then naughty naughty some one has been playing with mummies calculator again!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

why do you say their going to wish they had never been given this to collect???

Because they are going to have to work very very hard at trying to eek any money out of you teats why!

Did you have a complaint with BG at the time?

If so how far into the process did you get?

If not you should do so now, start at the bottom of their complaints procedure, and inform them that they did not clarify or sort out your original complaint satisfactorily back in 2007.

Not very far im afraid i didn't know how to do it and hadn't found this site back then,i was going through loads of crap at the time too and let everything spiral out of control.

They sent me a massive bill and i called them up and argued it but they said it was correct,i argued that i cannot have used that amount of gas as im hardly home but they wasn't interested and just started to use threats against me. Anyway i was scared and switched and when the new company took over they replaced my gas meter because they said it was so old and would be incorrectly giving readings. I now pay nothing near the amounts BG were charging me. I remember crying down the phone to this bloke who was so cold and didnt give a **** i was offering to pay in small amounts but they just refused everything and said they were coming to cut me off so i panicked and switched.

They only wrote to me a couple of times before Moorcroft took over and because he caught me off guard i just agreed to pay £10 a fortnight!!

I really don't want to have to contact BG if i can help it is there another way?

they caught you off guard alright

DCA being able to cut you off, the idiot wouldn't know the correct end of a match

let alone have a gas safe certificate.

face it, you've been fleeced here and they had you as a cash cow

i'd ignore them from now on.

another good pointer is that no-co will aloow you to switch IF A DEBT EXISTED

you have to pay that off first.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What worries me is if they take it to court or put anything on my CRF?? About switching,thats what i thought but i changed from BG to my current supplier and no one said anything,but a friend who tried to switch was sent a letter saying she had to first pay what she owed to the current company first!

Don't know how i was ok doing it though.

So should i send them the prove it letter or not?

If you had owed BG anything when you attempted to switch you wouldn't have been able to without settling your account with BG first.

Your new supplier WILL have had to get in touch with BG to inform them they were taking over.

How long ago did you say this was? 4 years ago? And they still haven't taken you to court! If they had any intention of doing this and recovering what they say you owe, they would have issued proceedings within the first 12 months.

If your worried about your CRF, and to be honest who would be wanting credit nowadays? then check your CRF.

Hiya yes it was around 4 years ago now,there was nothing said at the time of the switch,i didn't think id be able to do it but i did and BG sent a few letters after the other company took over demanding payment but i ignored them and then it went to DCA .

I realise now i have been fleeced but nothing i can do about that now but im not paying anymore. I have printed the prove it letter off and will send it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the replies x

Well the time in which to get the alleged gas bill out of you, is well and truly gone.

FOUR YEARS!! And they still expect you to cough up, pah, don't be so ridiculous. Send the letter, 2nd class post, just obtain "Proof of Posting" from the PO counter, this is free, and will tell SRJ just how trivial this matter is.

They will send you more begging letters each getting more rapacious than the last, and with ever increasing lame empty threats to try and intimidate you into ringing them so they can insult and abuse you down the phone, then fleece you some more.

Utility Companies & DC's seem to have all attended the same school of incompetence.

• 1 month later...

Alot of companies like BG kind off "forget" they have debtors. I used to work for SRJ and we had SKY accounts that were 5 years old. Someones realised its getting late and close to the 6year statue barred so they claim against you as after 4/5 years you're not going to keep all the paperwork its stupid. BG will continue to pass the debt around to other agencies until one collects it. I think because you "admitted" the debt to moorcroft by paying them it would go against you by saying you dont acknowledge this bet. If the service provider you're with now said that they had to replace the meter because it was old and read incorrect readins they would have proof of replacing the meter and the reasons why. Contact your providers now asking for a copy of that paperwork as that will have the proof that the meter was faulty and could give incorrect readings.

Ha ha, SRJ have got one of my alleged debts and so far I have been able to run rings round them, I feel kinda sorry for the poor souls....still, shouldn't poke me with a pointy stick if they don't want to get abuse.