Should I report these people to trading standards - LCS / EON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since I switched electricity supplier I have been having a battle with EON as to exactly how much I owe them. A few months ago I started getting phone calls from a company called LCS who are debt collectors for them. Tghe this morning I got a letter from LCS which states the following:

To the occupier of xxxxxx

We are currently conducting an investigation into the utility supply at the above address and would appreciate it if you would give us the details below. Any information you provide is used purely to assist with the rsolution of the utility supply of the address stated.

Your names

Name of previous occupier

forwarding address of previous occupier

Landlords name address and telephone number

Any other information relevant to this enquiry.

Now I have no intention of answering this but when they say they are investigating the utility supply they are lying. Should I report this to trading standards.

Tell them to go forth and multiply.... The energy company who supplied the energy will have on record who was the customer at that address.

I could write to you and ask for this that and the other... Defo with reporting them... naughty naughty......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

There is an eon chap on here called Malc......I would speak to him if I were you. He is helping somone else out in this forum.....read the post this morning.

I would not pass on any of that information to LCS as I can't see how any of that is relevant information anyway, and it may be a Data Protection issue?? Not too sure on that one, so wait for the more knowledgeable to appear!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Hi Angel104

I'm sorry there's a difficulty finalising your old account with us.

When changing supplier, it's the responsibility of the gaining supplier to let the losing supplier have the meter readings they intend to use to start the new account.

These readings are then used to close the old account. This ensures customers are not charged twice for the same energy.

Have we sent you a final bill closing the account to the same readings you're new supplier has used to open their account? If so, are the readings what you expected?

If there's a dispute along these lines I would talk directly to us. Do not deal with a DCA as they will have limited understanding of the intricacies of an energy account.

Ask for a complaint to be raised whilst the dispute is investigated/resolved. This will put a stop on further follow up whilst the complaint remains open.

If, after 56 days, we're unable to reach an agreement you can take the matter to the Ombudsman for an independent ruling.

Hope this is useful Angel104. Give me a shout if you need any more info as will be happy to help.

Malc

To the occupier of xxxxxx

We are currently conducting an investigation into the utility supply at the above address and would appreciate it if you would give us the details below. Any information you provide is used purely to assist with the rsolution of the utility supply of the address stated.

Your names

Name of previous occupier

forwarding address of previous occupier

Landlords name address and telephone number

Any other information relevant to this enquiry.

Now I have no intention of answering this but when they say they are investigating the utility supply they are lying. Should I report this to trading standards.

Yes give consumer direct a bell and inform them of this hilarious clown outfit and their deluded demands for information, CD will automatically pass your complaint onto the OFT&TS who sit alongside them, so three birds with one stone.

Also take Malc's advice....:thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!