Moorcroft and extra charges?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a small debt which Moorcroft are collecting for. On chasing they've added £90 which I'm assuming is their 'court fees' if it's escalated. I wrote back offering a payment plan and asked them to explain the extra, as they don't own the debt.

In their reply they accepted the payment plan but no word on the charges, so the balance still includes it. The 1st payment is due within a week and every month after.

I'm able to start the plan but will this mean I'll have to pay the extra?

I'm scared that once i make the 1st payment, it looks like I've agreed the balance is correct, when it isn't.

How do I proceed without looking like I'm trying to get out of paying?

My advice is forget te DCA....don't deal with them at all. And especially don't talk to them on the phone. Go back to the OC and you tell them what you are going to pay them not the other way around. It is your money, you disburse it how you like. The DCAs have no teeth, they just scaremonger.

ims

Yep had the idiots send me a statement today with a £21.50 administration fee.... what tos*ers,,,, told them before as I had the balance in writing from O2 that is all there getting and that's that.. Not playing ping pong with them no more. I hate O2 with a vengeance as they have blankly refused to deal with me personally

Great to know that Muppetcroft can't charge this, where do they get the idea that they can.?????? On second thoughts I will send one more to them telling them to Fox trot Oscar on there administration charge....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959