• Tweets

• Daft question - but you filed the defence on-line on MCOL as dx indicated, right?
    • We looked up the e-mail address so communications would be in writing.  If you do stuff on the phone the other party can just deny the contents of the conversation.  They can't deny what's written in an e-mail. So time to sort Pete out.  Check the following for accuracy and change anything I've got wrong.  Then e-mail Pete this evening.  I was thinking of threatening the pub with legal action but let's initially be nice.   Dear Pete, Re: PCN no.XXXXX, claim form no.XXXXX on 23 July 2022 I was a customer at your pub and I attach proof of purchase. I was picking up my cousin Ms XXXXX and her family as she was working as a cook with you at the time.  I entered the pub through the back door, went to the bar, and ordered a drink and a meal.  At no point did any bar staff alert me that I needed to add my registration number or did I see any signs advising me to do so.  I then took a seat outside in a small seated area so I could chat to my cousin while waiting for her to finish work.  We were joined by the management of the pub and bar staff during my time waiting  I was shocked a few days later when I received a demand for £100 from Civil Enforcement Ltd.  i contacted the pub and was told "don't worry, it's not enforceable". Well, that information turned out to be nonsense because I have now received a county court claim form from CEL. I contacted the pub again on XXXXX and was extremely disappointed to be told "there's nothing we can do". Of course there is something you can do.  You are the organ grinder.  You called CEL in.  You can call your dogs off.  Your pub has absolutely superb reviews on Google Maps regarding the way in which you treat guests.  Do you really think customers should be dragged to court?  I'm sure you don't. I am therefore requesting that you intervene and instruct CEL to cease court action. Yours, XXXXX
    • Thank you - Defence has now been filed Doc_20240501_182920_Redacted.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Brian Carter/Arrow Global county court Summons - old MBNA C/card

eggy12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Ford i did not mention the 2 parts, first is For "Other Information second is the Draft order

basically this is what i attahed to AQ

This was other Information

If the court is in agreement, the Defendant respectfully requests that special directions may be given as per the attached draft order. The Defendant proposes these directions in mind of the Overriding Objectives, and in particular the duty of the parties to help the Court further them. The issues outlined below are the crux upon which this claim rests, and the proposed directions identify these issues and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously;

- Without production of the requested documents, I am at a disadvantage and am unable to serve a proper defence. Failure of the Claimant to supply the requested documentation will make the case much harder for the Court to deal with this inhibits the Courts ability to deal with the case.

- The House of Lords in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 made it clear in paragraph 29 of

LORD NICHOLLS OF BIRKENHEAD judgment;

29. The courts powers under section 127(1) are subject to significant qualification in two types of cases. The first type is where section 61(1 )(a), regarding signing of agreements, is not complied with. In such cases the court shall not make an enforcement order unless a document, whether or not in the prescribed form, containing all the prescribed terms, was signed by the debtor:

section 127(3). Thus, signature of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the courts power to make an enforcement order. The second type of case concerns failure to comply with the duty to supply a copy of an executed or unexecuted agreement pursuant to sections 62 and 63, or failure to comply with the duty to give notice of cancellation rights in accordance with section 64(1). Here again, subject to one exception regarding sections 62

and 63, section 127(4) precludes the court from making an enforcement order.

Its is respectfully requested this case be allocated to the small claims track, it is a straight forward case and is easily resolved on production of the required documentation by the Claimant, should the Claimant not have the documentation required to progress this case I suggest that there will be no case to answer. Therefore it stands to reason that this document must be disclosed before this case can progress any further

This is Draft Order

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

Copies of the Credit Agreement and any documents referred to within it which complies with the consumer Credit Act 1974 and all subsequent regulations;

Copies of any original, signed and certified Default Notice and Termination Notice compliant with s87 and s98 Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) as amended, along with proof of service and all evidence to be adduced at trial to be available to the Court during trial hearing;

Copies of any original signed and certified document, contract or deed of assignment;

Notice of assignment, with proof of service of the same compliant with s196 of the Law of Property Act 1925;

A schedule setting out each charge applied under the agreement, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made and pursuant to which contractual provision such charge was made, producing a copy of the contractual document relied upon;

Whether such charge is accepted to be a penalty, and if not why not;

If such charge is alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Claimants loss incurred by the Defendants actions (whether or not such action is treated as a breach of contract between the parties), all facts and matters intended to be relied upon as showing that such was a proper estimate of such loss, and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to what the true cost of dealing with the matter was;

If such charge is not alleged to be a pre-estimate of the Claimants loss incurred by the Defendants actions then facts and matters intended to be relied upon showing the basis upon which the charge was calculated and all evidence to be adduced at trial as to show that the charge was fair and reasonable;

Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon;

Copies of any statement or other document relied upon.

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve the following;

An amended defence sufficiently particularised in response to the documents supplied by the claimant

If the Defendant fails to comply with this order, the Defence will be struck out without further order.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea on when i will be hearing back to my request to the court asking 14 for disclosure on the AQ ?... Been 7 days now !!

Eggy

Depends if the DJ as taken any notice of your Draft Directions, the next response will be a Notice of Allocation with further directions for both parties.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Best i ring them then and see :)

I would suppose that the directions ive given and the DJ response will depend on any response heard from the claimant ?

Given most likely none I would therefore hope to get my way... All im asking for is details regarding the claim they have against me !

Thanks

Eggy

Edited by eggy12

Best i ring them then and see :) No let the Court process it

I would suppose that the directions ive given and the DJ response will depend on any response heard from the claimant ? May be waiting for their completed AQ

Given most likely none I would therefore hope to get my way... All im asking for is details regarding the claim they have against me ! Entirely at the DJ discretion and how he feels is the best way to forward the matter

Thanks

Eggy

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Best i ring them then and see :) No let the Court process it

I would suppose that the directions ive given and the DJ response will depend on any response heard from the claimant ? May be waiting for their completed AQ

Given most likely none I would therefore hope to get my way... All im asking for is details regarding the claim they have against me ! Entirely at the DJ discretion and how he feels is the best way to forward the matter

Thanks

Eggy

Regards

Andy

7 days is not long in court terms eggy. I tend to agree with andy that you should let them process it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

did not get round to ringing them.... Had to sort out warrant of entry regarding energy suppliers today, got that withdrawn.. Will post in my other thread what happened 2morrow as a whole lotta sh**t went on..

Regards Eggy

well its all happening today...

First letter opened is from court ordering that claimant does not fill in AQ buy 14th July the claim is struck out.

Second letter opened is from Arrow with a copy of there AQ dated 4/7/11

First thing ive noticed is that including there costs on claim form it totals 6700 so that is what i disputed..on this AQ from them they dispute 5900 !!

They have asked for it to go small track as its only a moderate amount over the £5000 limit

Thats it really no directions, they expect it to last an hour and a half

Regards

Eggy

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update (in short)

On or before late July the following steps must be taken

Standard Order for Stay for settlement with consent of all the parties

Claim stayed till early August to enable the parties to attempt settlement.

either

the claimant notify court that the whole of the claim has been settled

or

claimant and defendant write to court requesting an extension of stay explaining why

or

all parties must file a completed AQ at the court where a settlement of some of the issues in dispute has been reached.. A list of issues must be attached. The list must be agreed with the other parties and must indicate it has been agreed

Still should be in my favour as nothing yet regards any agreement and the likes

Eggy

Little stuck still, Ok they have the agreement and sold on notice, but how would i progress from here regarding asking for charges to be wiped off ?

Thanks

Eggy

Hi Eggy

You've got a list of all the charges, you need to enter the charges onto the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will work out the contractual interest. Spend off the spreadsheet with a template letter to recover the charges. Send it Recorded.

http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

Read 1, 2 and 3 in my signature.

I'm not sure how you can counter claim in the same action. But I've flagged up for the team.

Is it a reconstructed agreement ?

Not a list of all charges just some.. If i ring them and ask them to knock off all charges i will agree to the CCJ ?

Eggy

Original agreement on micro

Edited by eggy12

Is this ok for withdrawing my defence ?

Arrow Global v Eggy12

To the Court Manager

Having on the 23rd July 2011 received the documents regarding my CPR 31.14 request sent to the claimant 13th May 2011, I would now ask the court that I withdraw my defence and admit to the claim of £5942.11 as stated in the claimants allocation questionnaire to the Court dated 27th June 2011.

Although I admit to this claim I must state a settlement has not been reached between us regarding repayment of the debt after my offer of £1 per month .

Yours faithfully

Eggy12

The original claim was for 6700 they state that the amount in dispute in there AQ is the above amount !! I take it interest and costs make up the first figure ?

Eggy

• 2 weeks later...

not gone through the court yet,

ive admitted the debt,

they wont take £1 a month so it will go court for the judge to decide.

I changed my plea and have yet to here some thing.

Will update as and when

Eggy

Advice needed as to how best proceed

OK As ive withdrawn my defence the court has ordered Forthwith for the total amount.. Ive offered A/Global £1 per month in writing and sent of my I&E but have heard nothing.

It i s ordered that

1 There be Judgement for the claimant for the sum claimed and fixed costs as on a default judgement

2 Because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from both parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed.

Any party wishing to make an application must within 7 days of receipt of this order, send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate forms).

Any help getting a court order for the £1 per month would be extremely helpful as i not sure where to get this from

Regards eggy

Advice needed as to how best proceed

OK As ive withdrawn my defence the court has ordered Forthwith for the total amount.. Ive offered A/Global £1 per month in writing and sent of my I&E but have heard nothing.

It i s ordered that

1 There be Judgement for the claimant for the sum claimed and fixed costs as on a default judgement

2 Because this order has been made by the court without considering representations from both parties, the parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. N244 application for a redetermination (within14 days) include a I&E and a proposed offer of mthly payment

Any party wishing to make an application must within 7 days of receipt of this order, send or deliver the application to the court (together with any appropriate forms).

Any help getting a court order for the £1 per month would be extremely helpful as i not sure where to get this from

Regards eggy

Regards

Andy

Thnx A .. Your input is always appreciated.. Does this cost a penny or two ?

Will have a closer look 2morrow night... Order was made yesterday so have a few days ! I best pop in to court and get form, unfortunately my local is only open twice a week now so gotta get the timing right

Best regards

Eggy

extra

Does a forthwith judgement mean they can over ride a judgement even if i do keep up with said payments and get a charging order

Zero charge for a Redetermination:wink:

sweet,, thanks for the info. Added extra to last post ! Im sure i read a post saying someone got a charging order on a redetermination even though the person kept up with the payments ordered as the original judgement was forthwith

Eggy

In theory no as long as you dont default on the installment but as I'm sure you have seen on many thread DJs are allowing ICO applications

irrespective but only after an hearing and not on default Judgments.The Mercantile credit case is still valid subject to how the judgment was granted.

Regards

Andy

Ive found a web page with the N244 form on it found here

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244_e.pdf

but im unsure how to word a judgement to be made to make monthly payments in the box asking

"What order are you asking the court to make and why"

Would it be that simple just to put in the box

"The defendant offers the claimant £1 per month as per attached Income and Expenditure sheet showing disposable income"

??

Any advice or pointers inn the right direction most appreciated

eggy