Robinson Way Issue 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having received a letter from Robinson Way with just a reference number and no original creditor I sent off a CCA letter. Within a week I received a PO for the £1 back with a compliments slip stating I would receive a responce soon.

I have now received the responce :-

Dear

RE: reference number

Further to your recent request, we have been unable to obtain a copy of the agreement from the original creditor as these are exempt for the CCA due to it being a utility account.

We therefore request your repayment proposals within the next 14 days. Alternatively we may be able to offer you a substantial reduction on the balance to clear your liability.

Please note that it is in your interest to clear this debt as soon as possible; we are required to reflect the account status with the credit reference agencies, where appropriate.

Yours sincerely

Rebecca Stott

Correspondence & 3rd Party Process Manager

As in Robinson Way Issue 1 elsewhere on the forum they are offering to reduce the amount.

I am not sure where to go from here but I have worked out what they are on about. The debt refers to an old address I used to live at where my family and myself had a lucky escape. We moved into a council property and so me 8 months or so later had a so called standard gas check which turned up the fact that there had been a gas leak under the concrete floor which probably predated us moving in.

All gas was cut off till a new pipe had been fitted. We thought that we should receive a discount on the gas as we were not responcible for the leak or fixing thereof. We had hearn nothing about this for approx 4 years so thought nothing more of it till now.

I know this is a complicated story but I am sure there is actions I can take.

Anyway over to the forum.

Who was the supplier?

How much is this clown outfit trying to con out of you?

Ignore Robbers way, thank them for their previous correspondence but you are unaware of any such debt owing for any utility bill, whatever that may be. As they have failed to make it absolutely clear what they are attempting to chase, you deem the matter closed, and for their trouble have reported them to the OFT&TS (via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948)

Any further correspondence from themselves will be treated as harassment and reported as such to the local constabulary for investigation.

Make that complaint to the above and also include another complaint to the FOS http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Your local MP http://www.writetothem.com/

And Ofgem http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Consumers/Pages/Consumer.aspx

Anything over 12 months concerning utility bills ie, Gas / Electric is unable to be back billed beyond 12 months.

• Confused 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

as in the reply to your other thread

discount = they wont go near court

IGNORE THEM!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The supplier was British Gas who we have had no dealings with for at least 5 years and have not been paying anything towards it.

RW are stating we owe their clients £215.87

Thank you Bazooka Boo for your advice, I will be writing them a letter straight after writing this message.

dx100uk I must say I tend to agree why offer a discount if they are holding all the cards.

Have a read of this http://www.energy-retail.org.uk/AbouttheCode.html

Make a formal complaint to BG and exhaust it, you are not liable (IMO) it is yet again a massive oversight on their behalf, if they fail to answer you satisfactorily, ie, "You owe nothing" then escalate this to the energy ombudsman, drop BBC Watchdog a line also, you never know!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bazooka Boo, what can I say, cheers I have complained there as well.

At first I was getting worried that I cold do nothing but now I must admit I can see hope. :)

• Haha 1

Hi All

After sending off several complaints about British Gas ect... I have received a letter today 20th May 2011 directly from British Gas which goes as follows :-

Dear ***************

Your Complaint Reference Number is :- ****************************

Thank you for your email of 13/05/2011. I'm sorry that we're not meeting your expectations at the moment and that you felt you had to make a complaint. I would like to reassure you that we take all complaints very seriously and that yours is currently being investigated and is being delt with as quickly as possible.

As we work to resolve your complaint we will keep you fully informed of its progress, and we'll be in contact within the next 7 days. If you'd like to know more about our complaints handling procedure you can view a copy by either going online at britishgas.co.uk/codesofpractice or by contacting us using the above details and one of our advisors will arrange to send you a copy free of charge.

Resolving your complaint is extremely important to us. It's only when a customer lets us know that something is wrong that we can put it right for them and anyone else who may be affected, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am confident that this issue will be resolved very soon.

Yours sincerely

Lynda Campbell

Head of Customer Services

I wonder is the letter would be the same if they noticed that I am not a customer of British Gas.

Hi All

I received another letter from Robbers Way on the 28th May 2011

Dear *******************

RE:******************

We acknowledge with thanks your recent letter. We note your comments made that you do not owe the account as previously you requested a CCA.

Please note that this is a Gas bill relating the above address. The billing period was from the 15th August 2006 to 25th February 2007.

If you beleive you do not owe this debt, please provide us with specific details why you are disputing this account. Please also advise us what previous steps you have taken to resolve this query, including who you liaised with and when.

Please enclose any documentation you have that supports your claim.

We have placed this account on hold for 5 weeks whilst we await your response after which collection activity will commence on the account.

If you have any queries concerning this reply, please do not hesitate to contact us on the number below or alternatively contact myself on 0161 743 2511 to resolve this issue.

Yours sincerely

Rebecca Stott

Complaints and Compliance Manager

Well they seem to be ignoring everything I send them. I want to reply with some legal sounding responce. I also want to point out to them that they got the road name wrong.

Seriously if you give a dog a bone it will keep coming back.

But I do like to have the last word! :blah:

So IMO I would write,

Dear Bill & Ben,

Thank you for your latest correspondence the contents of which have been noted, and a copy of which has been sent to my solicitor, the OFT and TS.

You can take this letter as my supporting documents that I do not owe this alleged debt. I have never lived at the address you claim owes this amount.

No go away and play your games with someone who gives a :censored:...!

Bazooka Boo you make me laugh so much it hurts. I have drafted a letter that says the onus of proof is yours and why would I have documentated evidence for a debt I do not acknowledge or accept. I also said I do not live at the address stated and cannot find it on any street maps are you sure it exists.

I am going for the last word with them just because I disagree with the way they are treating me saying I owe money just on there say so. As I honestly can state I have never has BG here the debt must not be mine and probably does not exist anywhere anyway.

Thanks again for all your help.

I'll keep this thread updated with any further updates.

I do not live at the address stated and cannot find it on any street maps are you sure it exists.

I would change that to the fact that "I have never resided at that address" let them work out their own mistakes, tipping them off that they don't have the correct address might just lead them to change it to suit, however I doubt they would do such a thing.

And you are perfectly correct in informing them that the onus of proof is on them and not for you to disprove this alleged debt. I keep forgetting that small but very relevant part, thanks for reminding me!

Let us know how you get on, I doubt you will have heard the last from them, once you have made your position crystal clear to them and they still bark up the wrong tree just involve the OFT&TS, let them deal with it.

personnaly I would not waste my time or stamp money on these clowns, but if you want to respond try this

Dear Kermit

Thanks for asking how this alledged debt came about, unfortunatley I dont have a crystal ball and I cant see in to either the future or the past.

It may come as a suprise to you but until YOU can preovide ANY proof of an alledged debt then there is nothing YOU can do to me.

So until such time as YOU can do this, please stop BOTHERING ME.

Please note, any future correspondence that I have to respond to will incur a charge of £25 payable within 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Well as expected Robbers Way are barking and all I can do is laugh at them. The sad thing is thay are so deluded to think that I will pay for an alleged debt that I honestly do not know anything about and cannot be real as I have never had British Gas at this address.

Robbers Ways latest letter :-

Dear ***************

RE:************

We acknowledge with thanks your recent letter.

We do not propose to deal with the matters raised in your correspondence.

We have made our position perfectly clear and will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this.

If you have any further relevant reasons for non payment of the above account, please contact us with the details, alternatively we require your repayment ptoposals within the next 14 days.

Yours sincerely

Rebecca Stott

Complaints and Compliance Manager

:( Does this mean I have got on her nerves and she wont come out to play anymore ?.

As you can see they totally ignored my onus of proof and state it is mine, oh well delude fool. I am drafting a responce giving them 7 days to respond. I have a feling I ill get no responce but will receive the odd "oy pay up" letter.

What a peculiar letter! I think the phrase "We have made our position perfectly clear and will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this." is a nice one to use in the letter back to them tho :lol:

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday, and all is well!

Yep I have drafted a perfectly clear letter to them stating I owe nothing and will file all further letters un-answered unless proof provided within 7 days.

I must be honest I am enjoying getting my own back on this Rebecca Stott, she will have nightmares about more letters by the time I have finished with her.

I am toying with the idea of charging administration fees to her and sending invoices and when unpaid set a rival DCA on her.

What a peculiar letter! I think the phrase "We have made our position perfectly clear and will not enter into repetitive correspondence regarding this." is a nice one to use in the letter back to them tho :lol:

Send the mardy bint a breakdown of your costs,

Each letter received by me from you £10

Each letter opened by me from you £5

Each letter read by me from you £10

Each letter filed by me from you placed under ignore £5

Each smile or giggle by me in relation to your puerile letters £1 a minute (Min laughing episode 45 minutes)

Sweet :) if only I had the nerve to send that.

Send the mardy bint a breakdown of your costs,

Each letter received by me from you £10

Each letter opened by me from you £5

Each letter read by me from you £10

Each letter filed by me from you placed under ignore £5

Each smile or giggle by me in relation to your puerile letters £1 a minute (Min laughing episode 45 minutes)

Hi All,

I received the following email :-

Hello Mr and Mrs ******

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me today.

Your details were given to me by Consumer Direct on 9th June where I’ve looked at your query in depth. I’m sorry you’ve been contacted by Robinson Way about an unpaid bill at * ****** ****. You’ll be pleased to know I’ve been in touch with them to advise of our error and they won’t be bothering you again.

Experian has also been made aware of the situation and removed any defaults or late payment charges from your credit file. If you wish to discuss this further please call me on 0800 294 3127 or respond to this email. My office hours are Monday to Thursday 10am to 8pm.

I’d be grateful if you’d let me know whether you’re happy with this outcome, as I can then arrange for your case to be closed.

Kind regards

Menna Oaten

Customer Relations

So now I want to have a go at Robbers Way for all the stress they have caused. I am tempted to ask them to refund all the costs I have incured.

Anyone have any suggestions ?.