No help from DirectGov or Police on fake eBay job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is a criminal offence to impersonate an officer of the court.

I know of one case in my local area of a DCA rep saying he was a bailiff unfortunately for

him he called on a snr Military Policeman and had a unexpected holiday at one of HM's establishments.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Elsa. However, I can't read your signature. It is asking me to join and have to pay with Paypal. As a result of this mess my Paypal account has been closed for good. What is worse, they have told me I will never be allowed to open another one as they say I am a financial risk to them. What a joke! I am a victim yet they treat me like a criminal.

I will follow your advise though. Thank you

Must be a faulty link somewhere..maybe to the donate page if Paypal is mentioned. There are no fees whatsoever to join CAG :whoo:

Try this link instead: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?180-Debt-Threats-a-quick-self-help-guide

there is also a case coming where power2contact are going to be in deep dodo [4 times so far reported known about]

apparently they have been claiming to be bailiffs with a warrant AND a locksmithand have forced doors etc to try and fit payment meters on overdue utility bills

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That will be wort a couple of years and or a hefty fine and removal of licenses :lol:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Whoooaaaa there!

Now that really IS a VERY VERY good story! I can't wait for the media to rip them to pieces, least of all see them have their CCL removed!

Talk about too big for your boots...I am truly gob smacked..:doh:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I do know that some District Judges in my locale have refused to certificate some applicants

and there has been abuse of what little traing the applicants have been through.

IMO I don't see what harm it could do, the least they can say is that they don't deal with this issue and sign post you to who does.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Look forward to seeing what comes up.

What is with these local rags the attitude of some in my locale is '' You brought on your self'' so don't blame any one else!!!

I strongly doubt anyone would be able to slate the OP, this is fraud not a simple case of debt.

Hello,

Just thought I'd give an update. The Romford Recorder ran my story on Saturday, it was quite a large column (and unfortunately quite a large picture too!) so hopefully people saw it. Unfortunately they didn't get a quote from either Ebay or Paypal, so I don't know if they even know that I did it? Interestingly though, I have not heard anything from either Iqor or Paypal for a week now...is it too soon to hope that they have seen sense and given up?! Also, the article in the paper had a quote from the JC stating that they were launching a 'thorough investigation'...what a JOKE! Six weeks later and I'm still waiting for a decision from the special payments team. I'm going in tomorrow to yet again chase them up and give them a piece of my mind. I will also be signing off as I have now got myself a brilliant new job (no thanks to them!!!) which I start next week, so I will be telling them that I will no longer be jumping through their hoops! :whoo:

Well done for getting some work!

And well done for getting it in the local rag

I have received a letter from Iqor today demanding payment in 3 days. What shall I do Bankfodder? Shall I reply or ignore this letter? This is for the money owed to Ebay but not Paypal. I have not heard anything from Paypal since they called me last week and I said I was not paying because I hold them, Ebaya and DirectGov responsible. Don't know if it is a good or bad thing

Princess, I had the same letter from Iqor recently, demanding payment in 3 days or threatening me with court action. You have to respond within something like 72 hours. All I did was write them a formal letter addressing the fact that I was not going to pay anything whilst a criminal investigation was still going on, as well as an investigation by Paypals own fraud dept. I told them that I was still disputing the debt as being owed by me with Paypal, and that if I did have to pay it off then I would do it with Paypal directly and would not deal with them. I sent the letter first class and have not heard anything from them or Paypal in over a week. I would suggest you also write a letter (don't call them, it will only encourage them to phone you and harrass you for money) explaining exactly what has happened, include your crime reference number if you have one and hopefully it will either put them off or at least buy you a little more time to sort it out. Hope you get it sorted and they leave you alone.

• Haha 1