Aktiv Kapital & their hounds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My wife is being chased by AK regarding a 2004 Egg credit card which she was paying instalments in until about 18 months ago when we found this site.

We SAR AK and eventuially they sent us a copy of her application (the standard sort of one..) and several unsigned pages of T&C's.

I felt that there were the usual bits missing after reserarching here and so ignored it. However she recieved today a letter from Judge & Priestley demanding payment.

What does the CG collective recommend?

JPletter28thapril2011edited.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

subbing - received exactly the same letter this morning. Exact same circumstances too.

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Hi Ilb & Tink

If You haven't already send a CCA request to AK . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter. (Enclose £1 PO/Print do not sign your name and send recorded del) . . this will see if they in fact have the appropriate agreement and if no full reply after 12+2 working days the account goes into dispute and collection activity must stop until they comply

Also send a copy of the request (No fee though) to J & P so they know what you've done

Good luck

R

ps . . J & P say you can pay by Credit Card which goes against OFT Guidelines as they should not encourage extending borrowing to pay debts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

send them this,

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXXX 2008, the content of which is noted. No debt to your client is acknowledged.

On (date) I made a formal request to your client pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have failed to comply within the statutory time limit, or at all. It should not be necessary to have to remind solicitors that the provisions of s.78(6) now apply.

In the circumstances, your/your clients threat of legal action would appear to be a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on debt collectionlink3.gif. Should you or your client bring proceedings, they will be robustly defended, and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches . Furthermore, I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the Court when the issue of costs is being considered.

Note: The lack of a valid consumer credit agreement is a complete defense in court.

If there is any further letters from you attempting to collect this disputed account, you will be charged a admin fee of £25 and reported to the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Yours faithfully

Print name do not sign.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Ilikebanks,

What did you actually receive in response to your previous SAR - I received a signed cca with APPROVED stamped on it and 21 pages of terms and conditions. The agreement does not contain the credit limit. I dont know whether the "so called agreement" is enforceable in itself because I am not sure what it should contain.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

@TIINK

It should contain prescribed terms, credit limit being one of them along with apr etc.

Can you post it up on here using photo bucket minus your personal details.

@ILIKEBANKS

Send SAR to AK

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Who would I send a SAR to, the solicitor or AK?

Why do you want to send another SAR ???

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Who would I send a SAR to, the solicitor or AK?

Also send CCA to AK if you haven't already done so. But to be honest you should not need to send a SAR to AK as all you need if the credit agreement from them for now. a sar is something you generally send to the original creditor not a DCA or Solicitor.

teaboy,

Sorry I cant post agreement as I dont have a scanner, would the letter above apply to me as well? There is definitely no credit limit on the agreement though but apr is.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

I have'nt sent a SAR to them yet.

I'm confused as this is from your first post . .

" We SARlink3.gif AK and eventuially they sent us a copy of her application (the standard sort of one..) and several unsigned pages of T&C's. "

If you didn't send a SAR request what did you send to get the info they sent back

R

teaboy,

Sorry I cant post agreement as I dont have a scanner, would the letter above apply to me as well? There is definitely no credit limit on the agreement though but apr is.

If any of the following are missing then the agreement is not in the prescribed form and as such unenforceable meaning the letter i suggest above applies to you.

The prescribed terms specified in Sch 6 are as follows:

• amount of credit – see Q8.

• credit limit – see Q8.5 Which you said was missing

• rate of interestlink3.gif – see Q8.6
  • repayments – see Q8.9.
  • Also terms and conditions must be contained within the same 4 corners of the same piece of paper, front or back. If on the back they must be a reference to the terms and conditions being overleaf on the front.

Thanks teaboy, letter going out in the post tomorrow morning, no credit limit, no repayments and terms and conditions on 21 additional a4 pages

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the usual stuff back from AK after the request under the CCA.

Copyofeggagreementpage1.jpg

Copyofeggp2.jpg

I also got back the current t&c's running to 7 A4 pages and 23 different headings.

There were also some earlier t&c's runnint to just 2 pages and 19 headings. There were no signautures or dates on either sets of terms and conditions.

An interesting point is that on the application and the older t&c's, at the top of the page is a web address (www.egg.com/banking/investing/insuring)

I presume this means that they are held on a microfiche and therefore are copies. That web address does not work today either.

I have read the CPUTR thread, but wonder if there is a template I could send, given the info above?

Edited by Ilike banks

That all ak sent, signature looks part of egg agreement wheres the other part?? as for t&c they need to be when the card was first taken not the current. They chancing their arm here has this got any ppi on?

• 3 weeks later...

Well hooray! Just got a similar CC claim form today.

I am pretty certain they are out of order as I don't think the paperwork is correct. All I have received is about a ream of statements, a copy of the signed agreement and some undated and unsigned terms and conditions.

However, is a deficient agreement still enough to win - there seems to be some feeling on CAG that judges are finding in favour of the claimant anyway.

Here's both pages again.

eggagreementpage1.jpg

eggp2.jpg

Edited by Ilike banks

Well hooray! Just got a similar CC claim form today.

I am pretty certain they are out of order as I don't think the paperwork is correct. All I have received is about a ream of statements, a copy of the signed agreement and some undated and unsigned terms and conditions.

However, is a deficient agreement still enough to win - there seems to be some feeling on CAG that judges are finding in favour of the claimant anyway.

Here's both pages again.

eggagreementpage1.jpg

eggp2.jpg

Am I too late to ask them if they have the original document under CPUTR 2008? I guess I need to sort out a defence to this issue PDQ, so any help would be gratefully recieved.

will without anything on those documents referring to any terms and conditions overleaf (T & C's must be within the same 4 corners of the same document), then i would say its unenforceable. Problem is will they produce the original in court with the terms on the back which would then be enforceable. If the conditions were on a seperate document then they may well be screwed.

Who owns the debt, have you ever had a notice of assignment? Default notice?

@Tink

I sent you the pm with my fax number it over the weekend, did you get it?

They have sent me some terms and conditions which run to 4 pages and are separate to the 2 page agreement above. There is no cross referencing. This mess was previously in the hands of two other well known agencies dating from 2008. I have previously sent both of those agencies 'account in dispute' letters after receipt from them of non compliant agreements.

At one point I have received a blank version of the docs above, with page one and two being on the same piece of paper. I am fairly sure all the files are stored on a computer hard drive somewhere judging by the network address on the top of the page. Also, the terms and conditions I received at one point were in the form of pc screenshots.

I have never received a notice of assignment from anyone, which I understand have to be sent, according to the 1925 property Act, by recorded delivery.

Not sure about a default notice I'm afraid.

And nope, didn't get a fax number in my pm box either. :)

The Fax number was ment for TINK as he/she doesn't have a scanner so i offered to scan them up for them if they can fax them to me.

Sounds to me as if you have evidence of many different documents that were supposedly the agreement, so you may have prove that the docs are fabrications, as if they have the original then we produce so many different documents not resembling each other.

Yes if Egg have sold the account to the DCA then they must issue you a default notice under section 87 of the CCA, selling an account and failing to issue a default is inlawful rescission which prevents the debt being enforced in court. Do not mention this till we know for certain you have not received a default notice and that the account has definitely been sold.

And yes you should have received a notice of assignment confirming the debt was sold

Best thing would be the SAR Egg to find out if it has been sold and if default notice was issued.

If you have received a claim form, then you need to decide if you are going to defend the claim and and on what grounds. It is extremely difficult to defend claims on the grounds of unenforceability nowadays. So you will need to challenge the standing of the claimant, especially if you havent received a Notice of Assignment, and yes you are correct, it should have been sent to you by recorded delivery post.

You can request any documents mentioned in the claim via CPR31.14.. you will find a draft letter in the first post of the link below. Read it carefully and amend where necessary.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?159445-Getting-Them-To-Reveal-Their-Vitals.-Using-CPR-31.14-to-Your-Advantage

Please be aware you need to keep on top of your timing..

Date of issue of claim form - top right hand side under claim number.. add 5 days to that to allow for receipt. You then get a further 14 days to acknowledge the claim form and advise whetehr you are going to defend or not. If you are then you will receive a further 14 days.

If you can let us know what it says exactly on the claim form .. the particulars of claim.. then we can help further.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D