• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

GMAC reposession got to get out on the 8th april oh my god!!!!!help!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lillymay, best of luck and try to get some sleep. Remember you have all of us with you tomorrow. I went to court with my friend over a repossession and as everyone else has said the courts are not happy with the way lenders are behaving. As long as you have a chance of paying them off the court will help you.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in court on Monday for a final charging order hearing, I prepared a file for the DJ when I got to Court the usher would not give it to the DJ without the consent of the claimants representative had seen it and agreed, is this usual..?

Not that Ive come across but not all courts are the same or ushers you probally got an over zealous one:cry:

GOOD LUCK . We too had a hearing back in Feb. When I walked in to the chambers I knew I wasnt on my own as eveybody on here who had helped us and shown there support was there with me.

The solicitor was fresh out of college and thought he was top dog. The Judge soon knocked that out of him.

We won the judge agreed to our payment proposal and Kensingtons solicitor left with his tail between his legs. I have never felt so alive and empowered

You are very scared now but I am sure all will be fine tomorrow. We will all be with you tomorrow you are not alone !!!!

Thanks all, i will ask the usher, we were planning on going in early just in case we see Joanne from shelter cymru, she is normally there on a thursday, you never know if i ask an usher perhaps they will give it to him. Went to bed ata round 4.45am, did not go to sleep until it was light, but did get a few hours, it all gone quiet in our house this morning, even the dogs are quiet, oh figers crossed, thanks so much everyone especially ell, i cannot thank you enough, will post later on this afternoon with my victory or loss, thanks again keep your fingers crossed for me xxxx

Hi all

Good news we ok, thanks you so much everyone, the judge was a nasty piece of work, i had been warned about him, he likes to let you know he's the boss sort of thing.

Anyway the same solicitor from last time, the one with a lisp (think that's how you spell it) he is horrible, kept on and on and saying we had not paid in 12 months according to the arrears amount, but thank god the judge said "no, they have missed 4 months payments the rest are charges Mr ????" it was great, basically they have suspended with a review in 6 months, but were off from them by then i hope, we gonna crack down and keep paying and in about 3 months start looking for a new mortgage, we are so chuffed, we both cried when we got in the car!

The tlt bloke kept on about my bills saying they were untrue, and i just kept on sying well you ring them and they will tell you how much they will accept, and the judge agreed, but then he laid into us, saying we have been irresponsible and we should know better from last time? fair enough he's right but when your earning what he is you can afford to say that.

So we went shopping after food shop and only spent £43 chuffed to bits we normally spend more, but were on a tight budget now.

Thank you so much Ell, i would not of done this with out you, thanks thanks and thanks again from all my family, not just me.

When i get a bit of spare money i will be donating something to this wonderful site.

I'll keep looking on her, and everyone in my situation, there is hope, listen to Ell, she's fab.

Thanks all xxxxxxxx what a relief.....

Im so pleased for you just keep to what you have agreed and youll be fine BUT remeber they will add on costs of todays so you will owe more also im working on GMAC re the charges and will let you know the outcome

Great News

I'm so pleased for you both - I'm just about in tears as well! I was starting to worry for you this afternoon! I know for me who was in the same situation on Tuesday what a relief it is. Yippy Skippy!!!!

ok Bona let me know, the judge told me to see what happens with the charges aswell, i'm on a misson now PPI from HFC that's what we need, i'm gonna crack on with that now thanks again and let me know how you get on with GMAC

Congratulations, it just shows that solicitors know how to misuse information in court to suit themselves - hopefully the guy won't further his career much with the company he represents now.

Please stick faithfully to the repayments this time, you may not be so lucky the third time. If any change does happen inform everyone in writing IMMEDIATELY and don't let it slip.

I was thinking about the two of you today and hoped for the best.

I am delighted for you both.

Not today, but in the next day or two, you need to turn your attention to reclaiming the charges. There will be documents that you will need to look out related to the mortgage.

Enjoy this feeling.

Take care and every best wish. Will catch up later.

Regards, Kenny

Excellent news and well done :D

Mr & Mrs Ananya's story so far -

Welcome Finance - account closed - no CCA - 02/07 - £1500

NatWest - settled in full 09/06 - £600

NatWest - settled in full 06/07 - £72

Verso - Settled in full 07/08 - £2002

C.K. Edrupt/Provident - account closed - no CCA - 04/07 - £640

Littlewoods/Shop Direct - 2 accounts closed - Statute Barred - 04/10 - £800

D.C.A.s who've given up so far -10

So pleased for you. I hope you got a bottle of something to celebrate in your economy shopping trip. You are on the way up now - good things are to come:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON