Moorcorft On My Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Despite having no CCA and I've been making a small payment everymonth, I've had someone from Moorcroft at my door today :(

What should I say/do if they knock again?

They won't come near your door, love it DX who do Freds think they are be jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As they have just got hold of my argos debt can't wait if they play that trick and phone whow..... You have a trauma call coming then hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm No we need to speak to Mr Hippy,, oh well you will need medical treatment by time our legal department has finished with you, shall I book your beds now..!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do they get this, we are not those people from (DCA) The way I feel about them is sod the lot of you ( got nothing so in my opinion the only thing that ever came from nothing was the universe (big bang) They even had the cheek to reply back to me when I told them in writing I am going to SAR Argos, they told me in writing I was still liable for the debt and went on to explain in detail how to apply for a SAR....

Letter back to them with a lot of Bazooka' Boo's straight talking verses,,, Don't need a mere DCA Company to tell me how to apply for a SAR and certainly they are jumping the gun as Liability is dependant on the CCA Argos produce.... and as they are a mere third party SOD OFF (oh and just for fun billed them £15.00 for me time..Don't you just love them.....

Sorry Julia been at work all weekend and at the girlfriends..

So Moorcroft knocked at your door, I am very surprised. Your options are limitless,,, firstly, you could write to Moorcrap and tell them NO DOOR STEP CALLS OR THIS WILL BE CLASSED AS TRESPASS AND THE POLICE CALLED. template letters on this site.

Now if it was me I would open the door as I did to Scottcall and tell them very un-politely to Foxtrot Oscar in 20 seconds or the local plod will be winging there way to remove them... Or you do not need even talk to them at all. Your worlds your oyster...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 4 weeks later...

Hi AllCan some one please help me i been paying these clowns £10 a month for debt off £8000 its all i can afford at the minute,i have been using online service to pay them but they say i have not sent them any thing.Now im having letters saying they will come my house,yesterday i got letter breaking down the court fee's i will be charged if i dont contact theem by 24th june,can some one please help or point me to draft letter to send them back.Many Thanks

when u pay using the online service are u sure you are quoting the correct ref number to make sure you credit your account (or the payments could not be located by them if the wrong ref number is used)

have you got evidence of the payments you made like online statements or printed receipts

as for coming to your house they have no rights so if they do turn up (which they most likely wont) just tell them to leave or you will call the police

They've been threatening my mum for weeks. The latest letter came on Saturday... all in capitals, a lot of it in bold - you will pay £120 a month or we will take legal action, you have X number of days to respond... - this came about a month after the -you will pay by X date or we will take you to court.

As was said above by Casper; if you have proof you have made the payments then... and, as to turning up at the house, they say they've been to ours but we have never seen them and my mum is home all the time... I wouldn't let their threats of visits bother you...

Mo x

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Hi CHESH

If you are worried about them potentially visiting your home, send them this amended to suit your cisrcumstances

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

dca have no powers and can do nothing to you.

You would be better to drop the dca from the equation and revert to paying the original creditor.

Can you give us more details of this debt with dates and name of original creditor please?

Regards

ims

Hi Chesh and Morgana

Right first off, don't worry about these clowns... Can we have some details, what is the debt for ???? as for court it's probably a million miles away yet...if ....ever. Doe's moorcroft own the debt or are they acting on behalf of the OC. If acting on behalf they will not be able to do anything....

Now first off.... PAYMENTS BY STANDING ORDER ONLY,,,, request from them there standing order details, if you have a problem I have those clowns details.... Have you access to internet banking??? also is this £10.00 a month stretching you, because if it is do your income and expenditure and reduce if necessary even to a token £1.00, they will huff and puff but guess what,,, they can do nothing.

I have delt with these clowns before and as people on here will tell you, use there letters for hamster bedding, better still post its if the back is blank. THE PRE-COURT DIVISION IS PRE-SCHOOL DIVISION MATE.

Now, find proof of those payments and withhold from those clowns until they investigate where your money has gone.

Read IMS post above,,, THEY CAN DO NOTHING.... SORRY IF WE HAVE CROSSED IMS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

can you tell us about the debt please

something smells....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i have used santander online bill pay the ref number is right,the debt is with natwest personal loan,i have proof i have sent them £10,when i get home later i will scan there letter in blocking my details,these clowns keep phoning but take god for call blocker app on iphones.

two threads meged please keep to one thread per debt issue

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...