• Tweets

• Wrongly convicted Horizon victims in Scotland to be exonerated NEWS.STV.TV Victims who faced wrongful convictions are to be exonerated the day after Royal Assent is granted.  
    • If anybody has any advice here, it would be greatly appreciated, I already suffer with pre-existing disabilities & have struggled with this so far. 
    • so return of goods order etc etc read upload  scan pages to jpg, redact in mspaint. the convert to and merge to one mass PDF  read upload and use the online listed sites for all 3 stages. do you want to keep the car? i will guess this was a manual paper claimform direct from the co.court or was it org sent from salford bulk processing and has just got reaq ssigned?      
    • Speaking of the reformatory boys, here they are with all of their supporters, some of whom traveled with them from miles away, all carefully crammed together and photographed to look like there were more than about 80 .. rather like Farages last rally with even fewer people crammed around what looked like an ice cream van or mobile tea bar ... Although a number in the crowd apparently thought they were at a vintage car rally as they appeared to be chanting 'crank-her'. A vintage Bentley must be out of view.   Is this all there is? Its less than the Tory candidate. - shut up and smile while they get a camera angle that looks better
    • in order for us to help you we require the following information:- Which Court have you received the claim from ? Canterbury Name of the Claimant ? Moneybarn No 1   How many defendant's  joint or self ? One Date of issue –  29/05/24 Acknowledged by 14/06/24  Defence by 29/06/24  Particulars of Claim PARTICULARS OF CLAIM 1.  By a Conditional Sale Agreement in writing made on 25th August 2022. Between the Claimant and Defendant, the Claimant let to the Defendant on Conditional Sale. A Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi (200 P S) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200cc (Sep.2015) Registration No, ******* Chassis number ***************** (“The Vehicle”).  A copy of the agreement is attached  2.  The price of the goods was £15,995.00. The Initial Rental was £8500.00.  The total charge for credit was £3575.;17 And the balance of £11,070.17 was payable by 59 equal consecutive monthly instalments of £187 63. payable on the 25th of each month. 3.  The following were expressed conditions of the set agreement, Clause 8: Our Right to End this Agreement  8.1   Subject to sending you the notice as required by law, any of the following events will entitle us to end this Agreement: 8.1.2  You fail to pay the advance payment (if any) or any of the payments as specified on the front page of this agreement or any other sum payable under this Agreement. 8.1.3 If any of the information you have given us before entering into this Agreement or during the term of this Agreement was false 8.1.4 We consider, acting reasonably, that the goods may be in jeopardy or that our rights in the goods may otherwise be prejudiced. 8.1.5 If you die 8.1.6 If a bankruptcy petition is presented against you; if you petition for your own bankruptcy, or make a live arrangement with your creditors or call a meeting of them. 8. 1.7 If in Scotland, you become insolvent or sequestration or a receiver, judicial factor or trustee to be appointed over any of your estate, or effects or suffer an arrestment, charge attachment or other diligence to be issued or levied on any of your estate or effects or suffer any exercise, or threatened exercise of landlords hype hypothec 8.1.8 If you are a partnership, you are dissolved 8.1.9 If the goods are destroyed, lost, stolen and/or treated by the insurer as a total loss in response to an insurance claim. 8.1.10 If we reasonably believe any payment made to us in respect of this Agreement is a proceed of crime. 8.1.11 If steps are taken by us to terminate any other agreement which you have entered into with us. Clause 9.  Effect of Us Terminating Agreement 9.1 If this Agreement terminates under clause 8 the following will apply 9.1.1 Subject to the rights given to you by law, you will no longer be entitled to possession of the goods and must return them to us to an address as we may reasonably specify, (removing or commencing the removal of any cherished plates) together with a V5 registration certificate, both sets of keys and a service record book. If you are unable or unwilling to return the goods to us then we shall collect the goods and we'll charge you in accordance with clause 10.3 9.1.2 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you for all payments and all other sums do under this agreement at the date of termination 9.1.3 We will sell the goods or public sale at the earliest opportunity once the goods are in a reasonable condition which includes a return of the items listed in clause 7.1.4 9.1.4 We will be entitled to immediate payment from you of the rest of the Total Amount Payable under this agreement less: ( a) A rebate for early settlement ias required by law which will be calculated and notified to you at the time of payment (b) The proceeds of sale of the goods (if any) after deduction of all costs associated with finding you and/or the goods, recovery, refurbishment and repair. Insurance, storage, sale, agents fees, cherished plate removal, replacement keys, costs associated with obtaining service history for the goods and in relation to obtaining a duplicate V5 registration certificate 4, The following are particulars required by Civil Procedure Rules. Rule 7.9 as set out in 7.1 and 7.2 of the associated Practice Direction entitled Hire Purchase Claims:- a)     The agreement is dated 25 August 2022. And is between Moneybarn No1 Limited  and xxxxxxxxx under agreement  number xxxxxx. b)    The claimant was one of the original parties to the agreement. c)    The agreement is regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. d)    The goods claimed Ford Ranger 3.2 TDCi ( 200 PS) 4x4 Wildtrack Double Cab Pickup 3200 cc (Sep2015} Registration No ^^^^^^^ Chassis number ***************** e)     The total price of the goods £19570 f)     The paid up sum £1206 5 g)    The unpaid balance of the total price £7505 (to include charges) h)    A default notice was sent to the defendant on 20th February 2024 by First class post i)      The date when the right to demand delivery of the goods accrued 14 March 2024 j)      The amount if any claimed as an alternative to delivery of the goods 7505 22 include charges 5.  At the date of service of the notice the instalments were £562.89 in arrears. 6. By reason of the Termination of the Agreement by the notice, defendant became liable to pay the sum of £7502 7. The date of maturity the agreement is 24th August 2027. 8. Further or alternative by reasons of  the Defendant breaches of the agreement by failing to pay the said instalments, the Defendant evinced an intention no longer to be bound by the Agreement and repudiated it by the said Notice the claimant accepted that repudiation 9. By reason of such repudiation the claimant has suffered loss and damage. Total amount payable £19570 Less sum paid or in arrears by the date of repudiation £12064 97 Balance £7505 (to include charges.) ( The claimant will give credit if necessary for the value of the vehicle if recovered.)  The claimant therefore claims 1.    An order for delivery up of the vehicle 2.    The MoneyClaim to be adjourned generally with liberty to restore,  Upon restoration of the MoneyClaim following return or loss of the vehicle. the Claimant will ensure the pre action protocol for debt claims is followed. 3.    Pursuant to s 90 (1)  of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. An order that the Claimant and/or its agents may enter any premises in which the vehicle is situated in order to recover the vehicle should it not be returned by the Defendant 4.    further or alternatively damages 5.    costs Statement of truth The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true. The Claimant understands that the proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes or causes to be made a false statement in the document for verified by statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. I am duly Authorised by the Claimant to sign these Particulars of Claim signed Dated 17th of April 2024  What is the total value of the claim? 7502   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Never heard of this   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? n/a Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? No   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After  Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? In a garage  Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes  Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Original Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? n/a   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? They said sent but nor received   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? None seen   Why did you cease payments? Still Paying,   What was the date of your last payment? Yesterday  31st May 2024   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes on 12 Feb 2024   What you need to do now.   Can't scan, will do via another means as you cant have jpg  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Am I being made ill by cat ammonia and odour?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really weird question but you never know! LOL

Not long after I moved into a flat and after enjoying quite good health I suddenly started to feel ill. I was constantly getting migraines on waking first thing in the morning nearly every other day. My eyes were itchy. I felt light headed and seemed to always have catarrh in my nose and throat. I have never smoked. Also my nose is always blocked on rising and I seem to have a permanent sore throat. I never know when Im going to get these headaches. I eat a clean diet. I thought I was going mad. The doctor doesnt know whats wrong. Until a friend of mine sent me an article on dirty cat tray odour and ammonia from cat uriine and what its capable of doing. I was astonished looking at the list of symptoms some of which I had and Im wondering if I could be suffering illness because of this. It all seems to correlate now. Problem is proving it! Although a friend I write to every day knows how much Ive suffered living in this flat.

The flat I live in is like a chalet. Thin walls etc. Now the weather has got warmer I noticed a really bad smell eminating from flat below me. I found out this guy has got three cats that are crapping and urinating in his fllat. the smell comes up through the floor and permeates my living room and my kitchen. So ive been to the housing association and asked them to investigate it but they are not in any hurry to do this. Its foul and making me feel like not eating or even being in the flat. The housing association are not seeing me until May 3rd so its going to be a high volume ripe smelly Easter for me here. If I spray air freshener it makes it worse. Is there anything I can do meanwhile to mask this disgusting smell?? Its just coming up through the floor as I have no carpets at present because of decoration.

Notably my health has only improved in the last couple of weeks when I was able to open my windows!

Here is the article. I dont know where my friend got this from but I will find out.

The Effects of Breathing Ammonia in Cat Urine

Ammonia is a colorless, pungent compound of hydrogen and nitrogen. Cat urine is composed of ammonia--a byproduct of metabolism--which imparts it its characteristic foul odor. Cats suffering from renal diseases often have urine high in ammonia content. Cat owners who are exposed to excessive amounts of cat urine inhale large quantities of ammonia vapors. Ammonia reacts with available moisture in the respiratory tract, oral cavity, eyes and the skin to produce ammonium hydroxide. Excessive ammonium hydroxide leads to cellular destruction by disrupting lipids in the cell membrane.

Fainting & Vomiting

Inhalation of large quantities of ammonia causes immediate burning of the throat, respiratory tract and nose. As a person is exposed to larger quantities of ammonia, he or she may start to feel lightheaded and faint. Ammonia levels less than 1ppm (part per million) are deemed harmless. Levels greater than 25ppm cause nausea and headaches. Breathing in concentrations of ammonia greater than 300ppm can lead to death. However, ammonia in cat urine typically remains at lower levels.

Eye & Skin Irritation

Excessive exposure to ammonia causes eye and skin irritation. Cat urine becomes embedded in furniture, baseboards, carpeting and other areas, and causes health hazards. Individuals with weak immune systems, allergies, asthma and other health conditions--such as migraines--are especially susceptible to the risks associated with ammonia inhalation. Low concentrations of ammonia (50ppm) also cause rapid eye and skin irritation. Prolonged exposure to a higher concentration of ammonia may cause permanent eye damage--or blindness--and skin burns.

Lung Irritation & Bronchitis

Inhalation of cat urine high in ammonia content causes tracheal burns, nasopharyngeal, alveolar edema, bronchiolar edema and airway damage--leading to respiratory distress or malfunction. Continual ammonia inhalation causes olfactory adaptation and fatigue. Presence of low levels of ammonia is difficult to detect accurately, delaying corrective action and medical care till serious damage has set in. Asphyxiation results in enclosed areas or those that are poorly ventilated. Inhaling small to medium quantities of ammonia in cat urine causes cough, phlegm and leads to shortness of breath. Inhalation of ammonia irritates the airways of the lungs, making it difficult for an individual to breathe easily. Coughs that bring up phlegm are an indication of a respiratory infection.

Edited by Elliebes

My daughter has four rats and they are clean animals, but with asthma I get her to clean them religiously and on top of it daily, as I had noticed my chest problems seem to go on for longer periods of time. For instance they pee on a shelf and daughter has to clean it straight away as the smell flows into my bedroom.

I have had asthma for some time so dont blame the rats, but you sure can smell cat, rat, whatever pee and if a house is not changing the cat litter often enough it sure would stink out a house and possible an upper flat.

Luckily my daughter keeps on top of these critters as I am not allergic to them themselves, but if she didnt they would have to go due to the pee as if almost hitting me. So if you regulary have a hovering stink it could make you ill if prone to it.

I know when lived with hubby we had two cats, and they sure stunk our a one bedroom flat quick enough when cleaned as it was a small flat. If left phew.

Could you get enviromental health to look into it perhaps? xx

Hi yes I spoke to the housing association and the council and the council said wait and see what the housing association do first. If necessary the environmental health will be contacted but they will only refer me back to the housing association. I have to wait for a visitor on May 3rd. Thank you for your input and support x

OMG.... how awful for you!! :!:

I have 5 cats but mine are free to go in and out as they please (cat flap), I have no trays and they never mess in the house.

Male cat urine wll be much more pungent than female cat urine and, if the person downstairs hasn't had his Tom cats neutered either, it will smell absolutely vile!!! I suspect he doesn't clean his trays out often enough because most cat litters absorb odours. Also, cats don't like to pee/poo in already dirty trays, so will pee/poo outside of the trays if they're not cleaned regularly by lazy owners....:puke:

My cat no. 5 adopted us some time ago and although I don't have a tray in the house and he went outside like all my other ones.... before he was neutered, the smell on his fur and around him was awful.... I cannot undertand why people don't have their male cats neutered for this very reason alone....

If this is starting to effect your health, then you need to make an official complaint.... If you can smell it in your flat, God only knows how bad it is in the actual flat this person loves in and/or, the conditions the animals are kept in. You might even be doing his cats a favour by reporting it!

Edited by PriorityOne
typo

thanks yes Ive had cats myself and Ive had indoor trays so I understand the psychology of the cats not liking dirty trays and doing it in other areas. Ive got all the windows open and I can still smell it. Its most unpleasant. Also as you say if that man doesnt do something his health will also be affected so I might be doing him a favour too. Ive actually just been contacted by someone from the housing association and they are going to send someone to investigate the odour. It makes me laugh supposing its not the cats trays and was GAS....I could be dead by now!! xxxx

thanks yes Ive had cats myself and Ive had indoor trays so I understand the psychology of the cats not liking dirty trays and doing it in other areas. Ive got all the windows open and I can still smell it. Its most unpleasant. Also as you say if that man doesnt do something his health will also be affected so I might be doing him a favour too. Ive actually just been contacted by someone from the housing association and they are going to send someone to investigate the odour. It makes me laugh supposing its not the cats trays and was GAS....I could be dead by now!! xxxx

He's probably so used to living like that, that he doesn't even smell it.... :!:

I s'pose there's some comfort in knowing that you can smell gas..... I had a dodgy boiler some years ago that was pumping out carbon monoxide (odourless).... which was a tad scary when I found out!!

:!:

Im been all round my flat smelling things just incase the housing association show up and say well you left a rotting chicken leg in the oven and forgot about it or something. ha ha! Ive smelt my furniture and nope its not me. Im sitting in my flat now on my couch and it reeks. If I walk in my kitchen it reeks but if I go in the bedroom there is no smell and neither is any on the landing which is my hallway I suppose or in the bathroom. Its highly concentrated in the living room and the kitchen. Which is were his cats are doing it!

Well when you live in your own stink you dont notice do you? Im going out for a bottle of bleach to clean the place! But then again if the HA show up I want the place as smelly as possible. Maybe I should get a smell witness. Ask someone to come in and take a whiff and then be my witness. :sad:

Why don't you post a copy of the symptoms your friend found you and post them through your neighbours letterbox? (anonymously of course). The chances are, they are suffering themselves and don't know why.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I did think about this but I have to be careful as Ive been to the housing association and complained to them and they might take the view Im now harassing the neighbour when they said they would sort it out. Oddly enough and I know this is conjecture but its people like the neighbour who would probably have built up some sort of immunity to it but all around are affected like a pollutant!

Update: Coincidentally I was sat in my living room typing away last night around 5pm and suddenly I became aware that the air suddenly smelt fresher and that the smell had reduced considerably to the point of non-existence. I'd heard some shuffling around outside by the bins and I can only assume this neighbour might very well have emptied the trays. Its either a coincidence or hes had a telephone call. I can still smell his flat a bit through the floor but its nowhere near anything like yesterday the smell almost built up to a crescendo and then suddenly vanished and if my memory serves me correct then this is usually the result of a clean cat tray. Its probably always been like this and Ive only become aware of it now the warmer weather has arrived.

Heat rises in my apartment this last few days its been like a furnace........great I feel like Im back in Turkey. So if heat rises and it smacks you in the face on walking up my stairs to my flat then car urine ammonia odour can do the same!

So if heat rises and it smacks you in the face on walking up my stairs to my flat then car urine ammonia odour can do the same!

I hope it stays fresh for you.

By the way.........I didn't know cars could wee?????8-)

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

HA HA HA! that reminds me when I worked in the hospitals I took a peek at my own medical records for the time when I was run over by a car at the age of 17. It said ' this patient was hit by a speeding cat'' and another doctor wrote in the notes SOME CAT!!! :lol:

this article is interesting

http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-Clumping-Cat-Litter-Dangerous?&id=557635

When I lived in Istanbul the Turks would not have an animal in their homes they said it was dirty and neither were you allowed to walk around anyone's home in your outdoor shoes. I think this is a great way to live. Sadly though a whole industry of pet shops has sprung up all over Istanbul and I was distressed to see cages and tanks packed with animals....all the things that we BANNED here and made against the law. I hope it dies a death because it really made me angry when i saw it and there was nothing I could do about it. Every pet shop had a vet next to it at least.

From what Ive seen of them they do look healthy and are well cared for food wise and they also get let out. All they've been doing is their business on his carpets and hes not been fastidious in cleaning out those trays. I will leave it up to the housing association to decide whats best for him and his situation.

cats are fastidious and hate being kept in filth, If I were you I would contact the R S P C A

I was thinking the same earlier....

From what Ive seen of them they do look healthy and are well cared for food wise and they also get let out. All they've been doing is their business on his carpets and hes not been fastidious in cleaning out those trays. I will leave it up to the housing association to decide whats best for him and his situation.

That's the thing though..... cats don't mess on carpets and furniture unless they're unhappy or kept in filth. The RSPCA would be able to determine the living conditions and act on that, which could also benefit you in the long term.

:-)

Not really - looking at the broader picture Im living directly above this gentleman and he could make life quite unpleasant for me here if its not unpleasant enough at the moment. Again the housing association can deal with it.

I used to be a cat lover myself. I nursed a sick cat for 6 months because I attached a human personality to it. However living in Istanbul changed my view of domestic pets and hardened me considerably. In Istanbul the streets are full of cats. I will never attach a human personality to an animal again because thats all they are.....animals.

On the streets of Istanbul there are at least 100 or more cats in every area living under cars and anywhere else they can go.

Round the back of my apartment in Istanbul there were also families of cats who would come to my window for food despite the fact that just round the corner was a huge fish market where the cats would be fed. I learnt that cats are just scavengers and there is no personality involved with them whatsoever despite what people may think in other countries. They are very clever and master manipulators at getting what they want.

One cat would come around to my window on a regular basis and I only realised after a time that the cat wasnt demonstrating any personality it was only interested in filling its belly and just following a habit that I'd established (more fool me) and that once established it would keep coming back and was very hard to break.

We think they love us and attach human personalities to them but basically they dont give a rats ass and are just with you for the food and the warmth and only concerned with themselves and thats it!

Reminds me of when at aquarium shop and i fell in live with possibility of rehoming a huge chichlid oscar. It followed me side to side and followed my finger and I was saying oh look it likes me etc......:lol:

Shop assistant pointed out is was after food:roll:

They said most people thought it was being friendly, so you see we do put personalities to our pets as you say.

Of course my golly I have now does love me:madgrin:When I am feeding him:lol:

I used to be a cat lover myself. I nursed a sick cat for 6 months because I attached a human personality to it. However living in Istanbul changed my view of domestic pets and hardened me considerably. In Istanbul the streets are full of cats. I will never attach a human personality to an animal again because thats all they are.....animals.

On the streets of Istanbul there are at least 100 or more cats in every area living under cars and anywhere else they can go.

Round the back of my apartment in Istanbul there were also families of cats who would come to my window for food despite the fact that just round the corner was a huge fish market where the cats would be fed. I learnt that cats are just scavengers and there is no personality involved with them whatsoever despite what people may think in other countries. They are very clever and master manipulators at getting what they want.

One cat would come around to my window on a regular basis and I only realised after a time that the cat wasnt demonstrating any personality it was only interested in filling its belly and just following a habit that I'd established (more fool me) and that once established it would keep coming back and was very hard to break.

We think they love us and attach human personalities to them but basically they dont give a rats ass and are just with you for the food and the warmth and only concerned with themselves and thats it!

Disagree with you there.... sorry. Hunger is a basic need and any creature (including humans) will focus on getting their basic needs met any way they can to survive, especially in the absence of someone to care for them.

All of my cats are different and the interration between them and with me is fascinating at times..... but keeping animals in this country is very different from being surrounded by hundreds in the barbaric-sounding country that you describe. Fortunately, we are a nation of animal lovers.... and whatever you give to an animal you will get back; whether that's kindness (affection/loyalty) or cruelty (fear/aggression). The key is in the type of interraction that takes place.....

I'm sorry that your views have been tarnished by your expereinces in Istanbul but maybe they needed to be for you to live with the things you saw on a daily basis.

I wouldn't have survived 5 minutes in a place like that.

Wait 'till the housing association inspection, ask them to have a word with him, then report him to the RSPCA. That way he'll assume whoever did the inspection reported him :p.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

ha ha ha good idea locutus! Ive got all my windows open this morning but I can still smell it!

Priority One I think living in Istanbul was a reality check as opposed to being tarnished.

Lets face it we had pet shops here inflicting suffering on animals until the laws put a stop to it.

Any nation of human beings are capable of being barbaric until they have to abide by laws.

The cats have two uses. One is to keep the level of vermin down and the other to serve as a warning of an earthquake. They might be on the streets but if they come for food the Turks feed them so they are not all barbaric. If a cat is suffering a Turk will do something about it. A cat can go anywhere in Istanbul and be fed. Needless to say they are also greedy.

When I look at a cat now I dont see a human personality, or a friend or companion I just see an animal. In Istanbul its mainly cats. On the south coast its mainly dogs.

If they were a barbaric nation they wouldnt have Vets would they? But this industry has only sprung up in the tourist residential areas because they know its mostly the West, brainwashed by big business, that take animals indoors and give them human status and will pay hundreds of pounds to have their 'furry humans' taken care of. :lol:

Of course when I lived in the UK I fell for this line too but not anymore. 8-)

ha ha ha good idea locutus! Ive got all my windows open this morning but I can still smell it!

Priority One I think living in Istanbul was a reality check as opposed to being tarnished.

Lets face it we had pet shops here inflicting suffering on animals until the laws put a stop to it. Very true.... we also had child labour before laws put a stop to that as well. It still goes on in some parts of the world though.....

Any nation of human beings are capable of being barbaric until they have to abide by laws. Very true again....

The cats have two uses. One is to keep the level of vermin down and the other to serve as a warning of an earthquake. They might be on the streets but if they come for food the Turks feed them so they are not all barbaric. If a cat is suffering a Turk will do something about it. A cat can go anywhere in Istanbul and be fed. Needless to say they are also greedy.

When I look at a cat now I dont see a human personality, or a friend or companion I just see an animal. In Istanbul its mainly cats. On the south coast its mainly dogs.

If they were a barbaric nation they wouldnt have Vets would they? But this industry has only sprung up in the tourist residential areas because they know its mostly the West, brainwashed by big business, that take animals indoors and give them human status and will pay hundreds of pounds to have their 'furry humans' taken care of. :lol: That's a bit of a contradiction there.... since I've read that as meaning that vets have only sprung up as a result of the tourist industry from the West.... so if it wasn't for them, they wouldn't care.

Of course when I lived in the UK I fell for this line too but not anymore. 8-)

Oh well.... there you go. Not much more I can add to that really..... but hope you get your problem sorted anyway 'coz sniffing that up every day is not a nice way to live.

:-)

All the stuff in this flat is new, new boiler some new radiators new cooker some new central heating pipes installed etc but of course I will mention this when the people come to visit me. At least they will investigate. :))