Phone 4 u replaced phone with a refurb?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I bought a phone from phones 4 u in December and it has since developed a fault. As it's well within warranty they have agreed it and sent if it for repair. However according to their online tracking system it sounds like they cannot repair it and are going to replace it with a refurbished model.

Is this legal? They are still selling this phone new so am I not entitled to a new one instead of an old one?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hi all,

I bought a phone from phones 4 u in December and it has since developed a fault. As it's well within warranty they have agreed it and sent if it for repair. However according to their online tracking system it sounds like they cannot repair it and are going to replace it with a refurbished model.

Is this legal? They are still selling this phone new so am I not entitled to a new one instead of an old one?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Yes it's legal, they are not obligated to give you a brand new phone.

If the refurbished phone is not to a high standard do i have the right to refuse it and get a new one of the same model or a new phone of a different model?

Just looking at the phones 4 u tracking thing so far they have gone through three different phones trying to refurb them and each one is being rejected. Just dont want to end up with some piece of crap that will break again in a week and be back to square one. Also will accepting a refurb affect my warranty? As its technically no longer the same phone and may be an older one than my previous?

Thanks for this

Rob

It's completely legal and above board to provide you with a refurbished replacement, you can't expect them to provide you a brand new phone, after all the phone that you had wasn't brand new at the point it went faulty.

However, saying that, it is standard procedure to test all outgoing refurbished phones for faults prior to sending them out so you actually stand a better chance of getting a fully-tested phone with the latest firmware. Compare this to getting a boxed phones with firmware that might be a few months old, plus only 1 out of a batch or 100 was tested (i.e. your particular phone was not tested) the you should rest easy that all should be ok! :-)