Dfs

keltickspirit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ordered a new suite ( 3 seater sofa, Footstool & chair ) from DFS online & it was delivered from DFS Birmingham to her home 3 weeks ago.Now noticed that the stitching on 3 of the cushions has not been finished off with the stitching properly & a hole is appearing on 1 of the cushions & stitching coming away on the other 2.On phoning DFS Birmingham store this morning, they have said that they will send someone round to have a look next week & fix it on site ! I'm not to sure about this being done, as it appears that the cushions were faulty to start with & they are certainly not just going to hand stiitch the cushions on site .Please help, this suite cost over a thousand pounds & I'm at a loss what my rights are.

i have been through hell with this company, firstly point blank refuse the repair because this is where the trouble starts once you accept repair your on the same rocky road i went down. its taken me 14 months to get mine sorted been to consumer direct, trading standards paid for an independant furniture report then went to furniture ombudsman this week they have ruled that i should receive a replacement suite and the old one be taken away at my convenience. I have so little faith in this company now i'm not sure where i go from here because i dont want another suite from them hence me just joining this site i'm also from birmingham so if its the manager from camp hill branch his name is graham i had several repairs by him and also another area manager as i said DO NOT ACCEPT REPAIR I AM PRETTY SURE YOUR WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS TO DEMAND A REPLACEMENT BUT IF YOU COULD GO DOWN THE ROAD OF GETTING A SUITE SOMEWHERE ELSE THATS WHAT I WOULD ADVISE

ordered a new suite ( 3 seater sofa, footstool & chair ) from dfs online & it was delivered from dfs birmingham to her home 3 weeks ago.now noticed that the stitching on 3 of the cushions has not been finished off with the stitching properly & a hole is appearing on 1 of the cushions & stitching coming away on the other 2.on phoning dfs birmingham store this morning, they have said that they will send someone round to have a look next week & fix it on site ! I'm not to sure about this being done, as it appears that the cushions were faulty to start with & they are certainly not just going to hand stiitch the cushions on site .please help, this suite cost over a thousand pounds & i'm at a loss what my rights are.

new to this site have posted a reply but not sure if you got it

I had Graham and the store manager Gary from the camp hill shop out on Thursday and they said that I had two options, 1. to have them stitched at the shop or 2. they would order me two new coushions. I had phoned up consumer direct before them coming out on thursday and I was advised that I was within my rights to reject the sofa as it was faulty and I was entitled to a full refund, repair or exchange. I told them that I wanted to reject it and as I bought it online I have to deal with the people who take orders online and not my local store so I am now waiting to hear back what the responce is going to be and should hear tomorrow (monday) I shall update then and let you know how it goes with them and what the outcome is, I just hope I get my money back so I can go elsewhere to buy something of a better quality.

DO NOT ACCEPT REPAIR I AM PRETTY SURE YOUR WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS TO DEMAND A REPLACEMENT ....

:whoo:

Afraid not.

The terms of Part 5A (Section 48B) of the Sale of Goods Act are clear enough, if you would but take the trouble to read them, i.e.

(3) The buyer must not require the seller to repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods if that remedy is—

(a) impossible, or

(b) disproportionate in comparison to the other of those remedies, or

© disproportionate in comparison to an appropriate reduction in the purchase price under paragraph (a), or rescission under paragraph (b), of section 48C(1) below.

• 5 weeks later...

wish dfs would do that for me, ive had my sofa for 5 months and all the cushions went flat and where you sit is an indent of your bum, even where my 9 year old sits. First they came out and said they would do nothing, then the manager came out and said they would repair the sofa as it was bad. they took it on wed 17th/5 and i got it back 18/5 some have been filled but some havent and the seat still sinks in. ive complained again but i dont know what else to do, ive told them to come and collect it as i dont want it !!!