Investigated for fraud (??)

MAXY44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in March 2009 I was having a smooth type of living. I was not earning a lot of money but my little business allowed me for one weekly pint, fuel for my car and an evening out per month. Nothing to write home about it, but good enough for me.

I was living with my partner, although not really in a relationship. My daughter was 10 years old and we felt she needed a father and mother figures around her. I was also looking after the house (my partner is the proprietor), the shopping, the cooking and my daughter school runs. Instead of paying a rent, we agreed that all telecommunication bills were paid by me (they are almost £100 per month).

Sort of ok until, in November 2009, I became ill and became bed bound. At that time I had almost £5,000 worth of savings but with medicines, private consultations and treatments, by April 2010 I just had over £1,000 left in the bank.

At this point I decided to apply for disability allowance. As I started walking again (although still with crutches or a stick) my application was refused. I appealed and a Court date was set for February 2011.

At this point I started asking for benefits but paper work was lost on two occasions and only by October 2010, Glasgow finally admitted that they were going to look into it.

I was never paid a penny and just before the end of November 2010 I was told that I was under investigation for fraud because I was actually living with my partner.

I spent the last six months of 2010 looking for a job (although, really, I could not work) and attending a lot of physiotherapy classes with the view and willingness to get better and start working again.

I still have £900 in my account but I now owe my partner over £3,000. As per January 2011 I also started working again on a part time basis. At 57 it is not easy to find a job.

My claim remains from April to December 2010 – but, as I am under investigation, I receive no correspondence from Glasgow. I wrote to my MP a few months ago but he never replied, he is utterly useless.

The February court case never came up and while I am trying hard to close my debits with my partner, it is not so easy to keep up with it. Free legal advice has not solved any of my issues.

What should I do and where should I go from here, please?

Hello there. I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet, but I'm sure someone who knows about benefit claims will be along and see your thread. I hope fellow caggers can help you and I'm sorry I can't. At least I've bumped your thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Was you partner claiming single parent benefits?

or

Was she working but claming single parent rate of tax credits (working or not) or council tax single person rate?

You need to without personal details say what your partner was living off. For instance if she was claiming any of above and you claim for any benefit at same address it would raise a flag on the system.