Lloyds tsb Overdraft and charges. County claim Form recieved

zeeshop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I dont know how I went to my overdraft limit but this account was not used for years and I was on arrangement to pay minimum to reduce my overdraft limit.

when I missed few payments my payment plan cancelled, and SCM solicitors sent me letter on Lloyds TSB behalf and asked me to pay money.

I contacted Lloyds tsb and they said they cant discuss account as SCM is dealing with this, when I contacted SCM they said they cant make any new arrangement and my bank account will be closed and matter will go to consumer recovery branch.

I filled complaint in LLoyds TSB and when Lloyds complaint department phoned me I told him that I recieved various calls from lloyds regarding this account and I was advised if I will make token payment Bank will restart new payment plan, I made token payment why bank is not making new payment plan, he said this account is in this condition for years and few promises broken so they have to close this account and they sent me cheque of £75. He said now Consumer recovery peoples discussed future payment plan with me.

I thought I will get seperate demand for recovery peoples and then I will discuss minimum payment, but Yesterday I recieved CLAIM FORM on behalf of lloyds tsb from Northampton county court.

There are bank and overdraft charges added to this amount. but I dont know how much.

Please advise what options are available to me, and How can I deal wth them.

Best regards.

zee

This might be better off in the legal help forum

You will need to file an acknowledgement of service & a defense, you will have dates for each of these

your defense might be along the lines that although LTSB have been demanding money from you, you haven't received a bill or statements & you don't know what this is for

Meanwhile you need to send off a CPR request to LTSB to get the information. Might need a SAR as well, but that will take too long to be used on your defense.

You will need more help than I can provide ...

• 3 weeks later...

You MUST acknowledge receipt of the claim form, within 14 days of receiving it. If you don't then a Judgement will be made against you regardless.

When you respond, if you dispute the amount, which I assume you are? Then you will need to tell them that you are going to defend the claim. This will then allow you more time to gather the evidence you require to put in a defence.

If Northampton isn't your local court, which again probably isn't as this is the County Court Bulk Centre, then when you reply to the claim and say you will be defending it will be moved to a court near you.

Here is some reading you should do on responding to the claim.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/ManagingDebt/CourtClaimsAndBankruptcy/DG_10014967

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/ccbc.htm

The County Court Bulk Centre (CCBC) and The Claim Production Centre (CPC) are co-located in Northampton. These units have been set up by Her Majesty's Courts Service specifically to deal with straightforward debt collection work which, in the main, is undefended.

Which says it all! You MUST defend this.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 year later...