Bristow & sutor notice of seizure of goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4740 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dobiedogs sorry to see that the council and bailiffs are acting this way, it's a shame you couldn't video or even get a sound recording of these bullies, and pass the footage to your MP, as this has gone beyond reasonable as evidenced by the council's response.

"Council sent another stroppy letter stating that the offer of payment was not good enough and, I quote, added

" You claim that due to your disability and illness you state you want the debt recalled from the bailifflink3.gif. I would be obliged if you would explain what it is about your disability and illness that make you vulnerable..........".

Looking at their comments regarding your daughters disability and the guidelines, what planet are these idiots on?

I agree with Leakie regarding involving the police, as these bailiffs are guilty of a breach of the peace, at least with their yawping and bawling to all and sundry, whilst trying to push past a woman on crutches imho.

You must escalate your formal complaints and it may be time to involve the press and possibly Watchdog.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments Brassnecked & Leakie, I'm trying to get the daughter to make a complaint to the police. Luckily for us when hubby turned up he managed to record part of the conversation on his phone and you can hear the bailiff really shouting at my daughter, the tone of his voice is very aggressive as well. Shame its only about 20 seconds in length but now I am going to fire off a complaint to the head of the council and another to B& S. I'm also going to get daughter to see her local MP and see if they can help.

What has really got me mad is the statement that the Data Protection Act doesn't appear to apply to bailiffs and the fact that the council have got their sums wrong.

Will update when I have further news in this ongoing saga!

Make a freedom of information request to the council give me 5 min to find something and i will send you a PM

you may also want make a subject access request to the council (this costs £10) but will tell you everything including phone calls/e-mails between the council and B&S

get you bullets ready then fire them with both barrels

The 20 seconds of recording is indicative of the bailiffs attitude and behaviour, so can be used, as evidence in any Formal Complaint imho

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have just had a thought. Dobiedogs you say your daughter is under the care of Adult Social Services for her disability. Have you thought about contacting a Social Worker from the Adult Social Services Department to see if they can help in any way.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Make a freedom of information request to the council give me 5 min to find something and i will send you a PM

you may also want make a subject access request to the council (this costs £10) but will tell you everything including phone calls/e-mails between the council and B&S

get you bullets ready then fire them with both barrels

I've already sent a SAR to the council back in March, they phoned the daughter to say they needed evidence of her Identity which we have now sent.

Blondmusic, we've had a meeting with her case worker and although they think its terrible / not helping the daughter healthwise, they won't really get involved other than to offer support such as confirming illness and writing a letter to say how much stress this is causing daughter.