Employment tax £7000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:???:Good evening. sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, mods please move if that is the case

I'm writing this on behalf of my dad who will be 71 in april, he was a cheif maintenance Engineer for the Economist in London, He retiered from there in 2000 (at the time the retierment age being 60), he then became a bus driver for 10 years. He's been recieving a pension from his old job as well as wages since 2000 and then his state pension from the age of 65.

The reason for this post my dad has recieved a letter from the "tax man" saying he owes £7000 in backdated taxs from 2008 till now. my dad nearly having a heart attact lol thought this cant be right and was thinking this was something to do with the busses as this was his last emplyment. turns out it wasn't that and it was from his pension he was getting from 2000. He's phoned the Economist who didnt understand it as he said he was paying a high tax code anyway I believe but will get back to my dad.

It's been 2 weeks now i can understand these things can take time but my dad is going to refuse to pay at the moment as he has done everything he has meant to of done and doesn't understand how this has happened as he has been paying tax from his pension for 11 years now.

any help would be greatful

Hello there. I agree, contact the tax office and ask to see their calculations. I certainly wouldn't pay anything until I understood how they arrived at the £7000 figure. It sounds odd, if your Dad has been on PAYE all the time.

My best

Illegitimi non carborundum