albion collections please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It does seem to be the only way you will find out exactly whats happening,

I am sure some other caggers will give some more advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it puzzles me.

i know things are confusing for you

and you've done it before but...

can you run through this debts history with rough dates and when/what was paid from the start a rough idea please inc start date of card etc

try and do it line at a time for each event please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This one's got me puzzled:???:

i can try but both cards are cut up now

halifax creditcard

1995 got halifax credit card - used it for gadgets - paid min payments monthly out of a halifax account (since closed that down and moved banks)

2007 - i owe halifax nearly 9k - paying £285 a month drect debit

2009 - mum sells house and clears above amount - but i buy things and the debt gets run up again & gets out of hand

2010 - i owe nearly £15k and struggle to pay min payments of £320 a month - i also move bank accounts

jan 2011 - lose job - write to halifax to explain - they were/are add charges/missed payments

you know the rest from the thread

this debt does not show on CRA

rbs

2004 - spend 6k on credit card

2008 - use isa to pay 4k off card - now owe 2k

from above date till today - been paying min payment of £50 a month ever since

write to them to explain my situation - they send default

this card shows on CRA

Thanks david it will give the others more to work on.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

well if the card was sb'ed during 95-2007, then it wouldn't be availble for re-use after

so .

back to square one

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Indeed, but I still can't puzzle it all out.:oops:

David, just writing to say Best of luck mate and please please please,,, chill out.... You have nothing they can get nothing... I have 40k of debt for the last three years have been paying token payment of £1.00 for three years, Hippy still owns his own house abet in negative equity, I have been threatened with all sorts but with these great guys and girls on here now I relish the next low-life that pops there head over the parapet.

I am not avoiding I am paying what i can afford, my ex left me I have to pay child maintenance or go to prison, mortgage has to be paid or homeless, then there's food and utilities and of course the famous council tax or prison again. When you add them up Hippy is broke.... I have offered all the low life that get aggressive to put up or shut up with the help of this great site... No doorstep visits, no calls at work any more and even got £75.00 compensation from BSO for writing to my works instead of my home....

Now David,, anymore talk of suicide #1, and I am coming round yours and taking you to my Ward in a big hospital where I work and show you people of all ages dying who would gladly have your money worries for there life... honest mate..... Now chill out or otherwise Hippy will be sending you is funny weed and a tour of the ward...!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

David, just writing to say Best of luck mate and please please please,,, chill out.... You have nothing they can get nothing... I have 40k of debt for the last three years have been paying token payment of £1.00 for three years, Hippy still owns his own house abet in negative equity, I have been threatened with all sorts but with these great guys and girls on here now I relish the next low-life that pops there head over the parapet.

I am not avoiding I am paying what i can afford, my ex left me I have to pay child maintenance or go to prison, mortgage has to be paid or homeless, then there's food and utilities and of course the famous council tax or prison again. When you add them up Hippy is broke.... I have offered all the low life that get aggressive to put up or shut up with the help of this great site... No doorstep visits, no calls at work any more and even got £75.00 compensation from BSO for writing to my works instead of my home....

Now David,, anymore talk of suicide #1, and I am coming round yours and taking you to my Ward in a big hospital where I work and show you people of all ages dying who would gladly have your money worries for there life... honest mate..... Now chill out or otherwise Hippy will be sending you is funny weed and a tour of the ward...!!!!!!!!!!!

hippy thanks for bringing a smile to my face

its nice to know im not lane in this situtaion

i just dnt want door step visits that scares megthe most and court action

do i continue paying £1 a month then? why did halifax say theyd review my account after 6 months? will i still be able to pay £1

i cannot pay anymore

like you say i have to eat etc

You are in charge not them you pay only what you can afford, no court will order any more,so juat keep up the payment as is.

And STOP WORRYING if you need more help it's here.

Brig.

yep

just write to them and TELL THEM all i can afford is £1 PCM

if you dont like it take me to court,

they wont!

but you must pay the £1PCM without fail.

now, obv this wont go back to you pocket, but, if there are charges / fees on the card and PPI

that might easy the total outstanding.

but as £10 for an SAR is 10mts of payments to them

yours is the choice.

dx

and they

Well done david... that's better,...

Yes most of the companies review some do it annually some do it every six months. I am in the process of 2 of my reviews. All I do is send a letter which points out if it is a DCA that I am not a customer of theres they have no powers etc etc but as a gesture of good will I will enclose a IE. You my friend set the agenda not them... here is my latest to Equidebt. Use as u very fit.

V Wilkins

Head of Collections

EquiDebt Limited

Equity House

Wellesbourne

Warwickshire

CV35 9GA

6th June 2011

Your ref: xxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir’s

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 3rd of June 2011. ( copy enclosed )

Firstly, please be advised that I will only deal with you in writing as should proof be needed for any legal reasons it will be there in black and white for all to see.

As for you checking you have the right information, this information is personal and as I have never ever had any services or goods from yourselves I fail to see what personal information you require.

I will make a guess here that this is to review my financial situation as most of my other 17 creditors do review this on an annual basis. I am happy to enclose a court orientated income and expenditure and also letters from other creditors accepting my token payments for another year.

From this information it is obvious that I have no disposable income at this present time. It has been suggested that following discovery of this situation that a County Court Judge, would, in all probability Order that I can afford no more that £1 per month to each and all debtors, which of course includes yourselves.

Also as a NHS worker, my job is now being reviewed and if at my age I am made redundant, I would have no alternative but to seek Bankruptcy as the chances of me being able to secure a job in this economic climate is very poor.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. I trusts this meets with your satisfaction.

OR IF THEY GET FUNNY UP THE ANTE A BIT WITH SOMETHING ALONG THIS LINE

Thank you for your letter dated 6th April 2011, the contents of which have been noted.

Firstly, the balance outstanding of which I am yet to confirm with a Subject Access report from O2 is on there word is £126.90 less my £4.00 to Scotcall and my £1.00 April payment to yourselves. So please get your figures right. And until I can afford the £10.00 required for the SAR, I am playing on that figure.

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with my current payment method or amount you receive and I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you are merely a third party organisation acting on behalf of a client, your delusions of grandeur and reputation in your chosen industry precedes you, therefore you will not be at all surprised to read that it is extremely difficult for me to take any credence in any of your missives. How in God’s earth am I expected to reply in 48 hours when your letter is received 3 day’s from date of posting.

I have already informed you on numerous occasions that all communication between me and you and your client is to be in writing only. I have obtained certificates of posting for all my letters to yourselves and your client, should this proceed to court I would like to have evidence of your blatant disregard for my circumstances.

I have enclosed my Income and Expenditure sheet; this is a gesture of goodwill on my part, because as you know, only a court can order me to furnish such details.

I have nothing to hide and can assure you that if I still have a job in the future and my overtime increases, I shall, as is prudent, pay off more on the £121.00 balance, until such time my offer to you, as with all my creditors is the token payment of £1.00.

Then again Dave the fools they are still insisted I owed them there admin fee so take whatever you like out of my last letter

Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited

PO Box No 17

2 Spring Gardens

Stockport

SK1 4AJ

Client Reference: xxxxxx

Moorcroft Ref: xxdxxx

17th May 2011.

Final Communication

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your statement ( original enclosed) which was not the subject of my last letter to you.

This is the very last communication between us, as I have pointed out to you before

YOU HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHT TO ADD ILLEGAL CHARGES TO THIS ACCOUNT.

Now that I have made this clear, the remaining balance is £115.90

Again, this is subject to my sending a SAR to O2 at the end of the month. When on receipt of the information requested, I find anymore illegal charges, this amount will be amended.

Any further illegal fees added to this account will result in immediate suspension of payments..

Remember, you are only an agent, I have never purchased services or goods from yourselves, and any further harassment will result in me contacting the original creditor and requesting they either put up and take me to court or accept direct payments to them and them only.

By God sir’s you have ideas above your station. Now let us conduct the business of settling this account in a professional manner.

As stated. If I have any overtime, my creditors will receive pro-rata payments as you will find in my May’s payment. Otherwise, the payment of £1.00 will be all that I can afford, as already agreed with you. On the payment of £115.90, I will cancel the standing order and unless you want to argue in front of a judge, the matter will be closed. (Again subject to the correct paperwork to be forthcoming from your client. )

So Dave guess what

YOUR THE DADDY

and Hippy will be following your progress with interest and after a few months you will be like the rest of us, laughing at there Puerile missives ( a Bazooka Boo ) quote which I love to bits.

A special box of Hippies herbal cigars will be on the way to you shortly...

Yes and Dave, Good advice from the brig and DX100 as always.

PAY YOUR £1.00 without fail, and if you can afford it a little more.. They won't go near a court and if by some small chance they do we will be here to defend you.. But Hippy has more chance of a date with Anglina Jolie,,,, and have you seen a 52 year old ex-hippy !!!!!!

And Standing order only mate... Don't ring, don't speak everything in writing.. If they should threaten a doorstep visit it is just that... There are many letters both Funny, business like or damn rude and to the point you can send to them, but it all comes down to the same thing... Step on my doorstep at your own risk. The local plod will be round faster than a Rat up a drain pipe.... But what I tend to do now is write and say he is welcome to come and have a cup of Hippy's herbal tea and herbal pipe !!!! I will talk to your rep about everything from God to the nature of an atom and is there an after life...BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL I DISCUSS MY PERSONAL BUSINESS ALL IN WRITING PLEASE..

I do add on the end that certain dates are out due to sacrificing new born baby lambs to the God Thor,,,, or that date is no good as we are having our Beltane fire dance and all must be naked and painted.

Oh and that month I am Napoleon Bonaparte and I am planning me campaign in Russia....

Does the trick mate.

thank you all so much for your help

ive not been able to access a computer until now

ive been sending £1 in cash just putting in it letter

i didnt do standing order as theyd have access to my account

im no longer with the banks i have debts with

i changed from halifax as they introduced a £28 a month charge for having an overdraft

i did take advice from c a b and debt agencies all said offer £1 a month

i did that and wrote numerous letters explaining my situation

i dont think they care

i was worried about the 6 monthly reviews mainly and the fear of been taken to court

so as long as i keep paying £1 a month then they wont take me to court? it would be really pointless if they did, as i cannot pay anymore that i am now and it would be a waste of there money

i have to eat

so if i get a review letter, do i just keep repeating what i already have? that my sutuation has not changed etc?

why after several letters expalining myself and halifax agreeing to the £1 a month do i keep getting angry letters from there collections departm,ent demanding ridiculous amounts of money saying pay now! they no full well i cant pay

seems a waste of paper

there letters kept saying we have been trying to conatacgt you etc

they can only write as i dont have a phone so why do they keep asking me to ring them lol!

thank you all so much for your help

ive not been able to access a computer until now

ive been sending £1 in cash just putting in it letter

i didnt do standing order as theyd have access to my account

im no longer with the banks i have debts with

i changed from halifax as they introduced a £28 a month charge for having an overdraft

i did take advice from c a b and debt agencies all said offer £1 a month

i did that and wrote numerous letters explaining my situation

i dont think they care

i was worried about the 6 monthly reviews mainly and the fear of been taken to court

so as long as i keep paying £1 a month then they wont take me to court? it would be really pointless if they did, as i cannot pay anymore that i am now and it would be a waste of there money

i have to eat

so if i get a review letter, do i just keep repeating what i already have? that my sutuation has not changed etc?

why after several letters expalining myself and halifax agreeing to the £1 a month do i keep getting angry letters from there collections departm,ent demanding ridiculous amounts of money saying pay now! they no full well i cant pay

seems a waste of paper

there letters kept saying we have been trying to conatacgt you etc

they can only write as i dont have a phone so why do they keep asking me to ring them lol!

I'm not sure if I read that right, but are you sending "cash" through the post as in a physical coin in an envelope? Please do not do this, there is a fair ld chance it will never reach it's intended account or recipient.

A standing order does not give anyone access to your account. A standing order is an instruction to the bank to 'give' for want of a better word a set amount TO another account. A direct debit however is an instruction to allow ANOTHER account holder to 'take' a set amont FROM your account, much more dangerous.

6 monthly reviews are no problem, if the situation hasn't changed then tell them so and keep the status quo.

Unfortunately there are no guarantees that a creditor will not pursue court action if you are paying £1 a month, they did with me, as it happens, I was lucky in that my income improved just before they initiated the action and my increased offer to them didn't get to them in time, but they accepted out of court once they realised that was all I could afford. If £1 is all you can afford, then you are right, no judge will order you to pay more...have you completed an I&E sheet for your own records and use?

Ignore all stupid letters demanding more cash either from the creditor or some stupid DCA.

urm...

i would suspect those £1 coins have been going into someones pocket.

in all honestly, if were in your situation i'd forget all about this debt.

you are giving them far too much of your time and worry

its not a priority debt

and any judge if it ever got that far

which i doubt

once they have read your live story at preent would throw the case out.

dx

and they

what is an I & e?

yes ive been putting a pound coin in an enevelope

they must have got it as it said £1 thank you on statement

and its funny, on another letter same day there collection dept pay £1.800 now!

is baliffs the same as halifax collections?

i saw a tv show a while back called beat the baliff and everyone there had everything took away by baliffs and none of theeir stuff was worth anything and never covered the oitstanding debt, so whats the point?

i have nothing of any value few clothes and some tools certainly not enough to cover £15k

im so grateful for all you helping me

im still scared though

can they persue the money from my mum or ex wife? debt is in my name only.

dont they believe me?

would they ever let it be wirtten off?

Hi, Income & expenditure to assess what you can reasonably pay, you do not

have to send this to anyone only a court can order you to do it.

It appears to me that a warrant of execution would be a waste of time and money for them any way.

No they cannot take any goods that are tools of your trade or essential items for day to day life,nor can they ask/demand money from anyone else.

Hi David it would be well wort checking your files to see what

has been done, checking your oen file affects nothing

lets just cover old ground again shall we...

DCA's ARE NOT BAILIFFS

they have no legal powers to do ANYTHING bar send threat-o-grams

a BAILIFF only comes

AFTER you've been to court and gotten a CCJ [very unlikely in your circumstances]

and

AFTER you have failed to pay the CCJ installments [very unlikely]

so please

forget about anyone ever coming to your door [wherever that might be]

thats why i'm saying time to forget this debt.

its prob mostly charges etc etc anyhow after all this time

really, you've more important things to fret about - i'm sure!

dx

• Haha 1

and they

Good advice DX I hope David sends no more £1 coins in the post!!