In a mess! caboot x2 lowell x3 , srj debt recovery , red ,welcome, bc and wells !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Could somebody please give me a starting point ...

Since finding this site i have been constantly recommending to all that will listen .. my younger sister has taken advice and made a plea today ... i popped up to see how she was finding site...

Here's what i discovered ... i thought she had one debt recovery contacting her ..... it seems she has been in deep trouble for longer than thought , she has met a new partner who does not have debt and does not like agree with it ??... anyways debt collection agencys have been contacting my sister and on trying to deal with situation in the quietest way my sis has set payment plans up left right and center, she has not informed them of moving and does not recieve statements , letters , any correspondence ... She is currently paying the following ...

Carboot £10.00 a month by d/d ref ***210 she believes a credit card debt

Carboot £5.00 a month by d/.d ref ***210 not sure if same credit card or another

Metropolitan £20.00 month d/d - hsbc loan

Moorcroft £20.00 a month ref ***** - NOT SURE WHAT FOR

Welcome finance £7.50 fortnightly - personal loan does recieve statement from them#

Lowell £20.00 a month d/d ***848 NOT SURE WHAT FOR

Lowell £5.00 a week they have her debit card details and do it that way NOT SURE WHAT FOR

SRJ Debt REcovery - £10.00 monthy by debit card NOT SURE WHAT FOR

she has recently recieved a letter from red debt collection on behalf of lowell original creditor Vodaphone - & Buchanan clark and wells regarding Eon debt

Quite a mess - i dont no how to find out what some of these are for do we cancel direct debits and see if they shout ? she cant remember how long she been paying some of them for , what the original amount was , we dont know if there is still money owed on them and if so what ? nor do we know if the debt could be proven ...

Because she is already in arrangement plans what can /should we do ??

I have read so many threads but i just dont know where to start or how to start with so many and some to same company with same ref no on d/d ???

please help x:noidea:

Hi ched

The first thing to do is get organised, set up a folder, have it sectioned off with each creditor, as she gets info add it to the correct creditor As they are aware of her address, the best thing to do is get a snap shot of her credit file. One of the credit agencies does a free 30 day trial, but don't forget to cancel it. Get as much info off there as possible. I would send a CCA Request to all of the DCA's with a Postal Order of £1. Lets see what they have. Templates can be found in the library.

Thankyou for quick reply she is out buying folders envelopes and stamps and hopefully a very large bottle for me too take home tonight !!

... for the dca's where she is paying 2 amounts do we do seperate ones ? and for caboot 2 seperate amounts same ref on both d/d just one ? she moved in jan 2011 and did not bring any docs with her so shall i ask bank for payee contact details on direct debits or find them on web ? x

Please advise your sister to cancel all direct debits with her bank immediately.

Never pay a DCA by DD - they can take what they want that way - always do so by standing order only - that way she has the control, not them.

I would also suggest that as many of them have her debit card details - she cancels it with the bank immediately also & orders a new one - if they have it, then the DCA's can swipe what they want out of her account also - once she gets the new one, tell her to never give the new details to any of the DCA's.

Tell her to never speak to DCA's on the phone and to never answer security questions if they ring her.

Drill all this into your sister over & over if need be as she seems to just be a easy cashcow for all the DCA's at the moment.

That will do for starters here as its quite a senario - i agree, from what you've stated above.

Other will be along soon with more advice - BUT PLEASE DO ALL OF THE ABOVE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel gives good advice on begining to put things in order.

May i suggest she starts a thread for each debt or DCA she is dealing with. It is so the info she is given for one does not get confused with info given on another.

Think she needs to send off a few CCA requests for more info.

Is she able to maintain payments at the current amounts? If so may be worth paying them untill CCA returns are made. Jumping the gun and canceling may just bring them all on her with a mountain of calls and letters.

If she is unable to make payments then she will need to do a new budget and pay token amounts if that is all she can afford.

Hi t_ony

I agree with what you say, if they have stored the CVV code from the back of the card and have put threw payments not authorised by her at the time, then thats a fraudulent payment, thats how the card companies have promoted that security feature.

Please advise your sister to cancel all direct debits with her bank immediately.

Never pay a DCA by DD - they can take what they want that way - always do so by standing order only - that way she has the control, not them.

I would also suggest that as many of them have her debit card details - she cancels it with the bank immediately also & orders a new one - if they have it, then the DCA's can swipe what they want out of her account also - once she gets the new one, tell her to never give the new details to any of the DCA's.

Tell her to never speak to DCA's on the phone and to never answer security questions if they ring her.

Drill all this into your sister over & over if need be as she seems to just be a easy cashcow for all the DCA's at the moment.

That will do for starters here as its quite a senario - i agree, from what you've stated above.

Other will be along soon with more advice - BUT PLEASE DO ALL OF THE ABOVE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Jumping the gun and canceling may just bring them all on her with a mountain of calls and letters.

It is common knowledge on here to never pay by DD for the reasons stated & to never let a DCA have debit card details.

I have already touched on the calls issue & the letters issue is easily dealt with as well.

The OP's sister needs to draw a line in the sand here & start from scratch - the DCA's seem to have the control over her from reading the above and that needs to be reversed immediately in the way i have stated for starters.

I think it is best to keep each individual debt separate and use a different thread for each.....it can become VERY confusing. And you may find the debt thread will reach 200+ pages and nobody will want to read through the whole story. Has she tried contatcing the National Debtline ? - http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/ The service is free, confidential and impartial. I also think a SAR to each may be a good move too (but expensive at £10 each). There is likely to be a number of charges possibly and also look out for PPI premiums too.

That would mean about 7 different threads Dadofholly - best to keep it all in one thread in this specific case in my view.

I know what you mean, but would disagree purely i as think it would become very confusing once the CCA's are coming back in, especialy if they all have differing issues. But thats up to the OP, and how they believe it would works best for them.

• Haha 1

It is common knowledge on here to never pay by DD for the reasons stated & to never let a DCA have debit card details.

I have already touched on the calls issue & the letters issue is easily dealt with as well.

The OP's sister needs to draw a line in the sand here & start from scratch - the DCA's seem to have the control over her from reading the above and that needs to be reversed immediately in the way i have stated for starters.

I agree you should not pay by DD. But in this case it may be just jumping the gun - and bring the whole lot after her in one go. fending off one DCA can be hard for some people, but 7 could be a nightmare.

Personaly i suggest deal with one at a time, see what they have on each, and cancel the DD's once new payment offers can be made and seting up SO's instead. Again leave it to OP. But would walk before running.

With respect to one and all on here - the OP's sister may not be familiar with all the all terminologies that we take for granted as being familiar with on here. (sar's etc)

I respectfully suggest that everyone goes right back to the start in this case and put the control back in the hands of the OP's sister the way i have stated - then the issues of proving the debts/any refunds and so on can come into play etc...

Guys I think the OP needs to find out who the original creditors are, how much is owed, whether they can provide a CCA agreement, info is the key to the various startegies that the OP can consider, empowerment to gain control.

I believe, though i may be wrong, that the OP is dealing with this on her behalf.

I think canceling all the payments in one go, and bringing DCA's after you is counter productive. CCA requests can be made and disputed within a few weeks. = probably only one other payment.

If you can dispute debts for no CCA's then it puts the creditor on the back foot.

My last post on this question - think it is up to the OP - and how they think they could best cope. We can follow their lead and advise accordingly.

Right - here's were i will sign off from this thread as well - its up to the OP how this progresses of course.

But i really do think that DD's need to be cancelled asap & a new debit card ordered/old one cancelled for the reasons given.

Good luck to the OP/sister - hope it all gets sorted out.

i did wonder if i should have put seperate threads- thanks all for quick responses x

She is unable to maintain the current payments each month have not contacted national debt only just discovered whole scenerio and dont have all info to asses what debt she actually is in so i jumped straight on here ! .. i think the 2 new letters requests for more made her think before agreeing anything ... she is worried about cancelling all incase it gets her into more trouble !! I think we should focus on the ones she does not have a clue about first especially as 2 of them are with lowell and they are requesting a new one be set up !

Plan of action . Credit file ... then cca unknown and cancel there payments ..await response from them and dig around for more info on metropolitan , caboot and welcome maybe even sar them to check for charges and ppi ? With regards to seperate threads once response's start to come in if it does become confusing could we then seperate ?

Does Plan seem a good start on long road ahead ? and its letter n on template library isnt it ? x

CCA request letter is here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

Have also added link to the telephine harrassment letter. You may need it if you begin to cancel any of the payment schedules set up. Best to be prepared just in case. AS Tony said in a previous thread - make sure your sis is briefed not to speak to them on the phone.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Hello all

she has recently recieved a letter from red debt collection on behalf of lowell original creditor Vodaphone - & Buchanan clark and wells regarding Eon debt

Hi chedworth98,

If your sister needs some assistance with the Vodafone account here she's welcome to email me via the details in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

Once she's sent it and received our automated reply could either one of you update the thread with this and I'll get back to her as soon as possible?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK