• Tweets

• Thanks for that. I will give them till Tuesday. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated. 
    • Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A Cautionary Tale Regarding Restons ** DISCONTINUED**

nana buzzz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also check the wording of the Dn & default sum notices, HFC are quite poor at both of these

Yes I am going to go over everything now with a fine tooth comb, with help of course :wink: I might have missed a few things because the first invalid DN was enough to make them Vacate their claim for summary judgement against me. the more weapons I have in my arsenal the better.

As long as you understand they CAN simply reissue the DN before proceeding – but, as you say, I believe this backdated effort is invalid as quite simply it was NOT issued! You did not receive it at the time. Non-service is as good as no DN at all.

Yes that's what I thought..But as I can demonstrate to a Judge I have been Predudiced from before the first claim ever even started..excerts from my SJ witness statement and in my mind this still applies.

2.On the 14/10/08 I sent by recorded delivery, a CCA request to HFC.This was recieved on the 16/10/08.They failed to respond to my request and were therefore in default.

3.A further request was sent to HFC on 14/5/09,also advising that i now considered the account in dispute. A response was received from HFC on the 28/05/09 and that they would be conducting an investigation.

Also

Furthermore as this became a formal case in dispute on the 26/10/08 Restons have no cause of action to bring this case in line with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77-79)

Edited by nana buzzz
spelling

Also I am not sure about the copy of the Agreement they intend to use in court..I found my customer copy today and I think it looks different to the one they are planning on using at court...I will go over them both and post it up ASAP!. Furthermore I was never ever sent a DN until I sent a

CPR .31.14 to Restons. I think things are starting to go in my favour

Edited by nana buzzz

Do they remain in breach of the s 78 CCA request? If so, that is a complete defence.

The DN issue will, one way or another, become a dead end for you. But they MUST reissue a compliant DN before they take further action. They can overcome the DN issue but it appears they have not done so yet. This is a defence, but one that they can and may overcome.

The real point is whether they begin to abuse the process, and keep wanting bites of the cherry. You may be better going down the CPUTR route, IMO.

Yes they sure do Donkey....How would CPUTR apply to my case?...Do I complain to the relevent bodies to stop them re-issuing any further DN's? I have a limited understanding but I am a quick learner lol

I forgot to say Thank you Donkey your help is greatly appreciated :)

I’m sure if pt2537 were back on here, he’s point you at the s 78 defence. But again, long term, it’s one they can overcome. Then it’s down to whether there’s an unfair relationship as a result of their conduct.

I’d suggest a read through the CPUTR threads on CAG – it’s a bit grey sometimes but can be useful.

Hi,

Having read CPUTR backwards and forwards I think I now have a bit of a clearer understanding of it.

I could CPUTR hfc to make them fess up as to wether they have the agreement or not...BUT! seeing as Restons keep sending me photocopies of the agreement I have to presume they do...And if I do that and (they must comply) does that not overcome the breach of my s78 request?

Hi pt2537

Sorry this is what I meant http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291468-Fighting-back-with-CPUTR-2008....&highlight=cputr

Was wondering if you could help me with my S78 defence Please? i don't know where to start and I am told your the person to help :) I have tried searching but came up blank :(

Hi all,

sorry to but tin but have a similar situation with same counsel. My DN asked for full balance, they then sent a compliant notice in their bundle but claim my copy was from a SAR from OC. I have sent them a copy of an email which discredits their claim (I instructed sols pre defence which states DN askes for full balance) so thats a plus in some respects. Need some advice re court docs. Defended on basis of reclaiming PPI which was calculated using original statements (have them all so their lack of pre 6 years is irrelevant) so can i simply bring these to trial on that basis or do i need to include them in the bundle as a supplement and copy their sols before hearing date? Does'nt the creditor have a duty to keep all financial information for 5 years after termination anyway or would the DJ count them as inadmissable/order a mis-trial?? I did mention the CPUTR in my s78 request so will add that to the arsenal but really need to know about the statements.

Here's a link to my thread if anyone can help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?259562-Restons-MBNA-v-Me/page2

Wooooa I need to ring the court today as Restons seem to have dropped another clanger. The form of judgement has a different claim number to the response pack and POC sent by restons....

Edited by nana buzzz
double wording

Draft of defence....comments please :)

Claim no: xxxxxxxxx

Between:

In the xxxxxx County Court

HFC Bank PLC Claimant

And

Nana Defendant

DEFENCE

I, Nana, not that old ,of xxxxxxxxxxx am the Defendant in these proceedings and I make this statement in defence to the claim.

The Credit Agreement

1. It is not denied that I entered into a Consumer Credit Agreement (the ‘agreement’) with the claimant, which is a regulated agreement and governed under legislation as laid out in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the ‘Act’) and all subsequent regulations thereof (as amended). It is my assertion that the claimant is not entitled to proceed to enforcement of the sum he claims in these proceedings. I set out my grounds in support of my assertion

CCA Request

2. On the 14/10/08 I sent by recorded delivery, a section 78 CCA request to HFC. This was received on the 16/10/08.They failed to respond to my request and were therefore in default

3.A further request was sent to HFC on 14/5/09,also advising that I now considered the account in dispute. A response was received from HFC on the 28/05/09 and that they would be conducting an investigation.

4.On the 2/6/09 received another letter from HFC saying that they are still investigating .I have still not received or had any acknowledgement of my Section 78 subsection (1)CCA request . To date of preparing this Defence I have not received nor had acknowledgement of my lawful request and under the consumer credit act 1974 subsection 6 (a) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

General form of judgement or order

1 On the 19/2/2011 I received by way of service a general form of judgement or order by which leave to issue proceedings against me citing the same course of action was granted. A hearing to which I had no prior knowledge until after the fact and to which representations could have been made by the defendant saving the court wasted time and expense.

a) I respectfully request that the court takes notice of the claimant’s conduct in these proceedings, as the matter stands, the overriding objectives are not being met nor adhered to by him, as a result, the two parties in these proceedings are not on equal footing, the claimant’s conduct has placed me at an unfair disadvantage and is frustrating these proceedings, which in turn will place an unnecessary burden upon the court’s resources in managing the case and therefore I ask the court to exercise its powers in order to bring an end to the claimant’s nonsense

Defective statutory notice

2. The Claimant terminated the agreement unilaterally and now seeks to proceed to enforcement demanding the full balance without securing the necessary rights under said act that would allow him, as a matter of law, to do so.

a) It is my assertion that the statutory notice (the default notice) served, and relied upon in these proceedings, by the claimant is a defective (bad) notice and in this regard I respectfully refer the court to a recent High Court Judgment before His Honour Judge Chambers QC, sitting as a Judge of the High Court, between; Mr Keith Harrison and Link Financial Limited [2011] EWHC B3 (Mercantile). At para 75 of said case, His Honour HELD;

para75. “The notice of enforcement was a statutory pre-condition of enforcement. It was a bad notice and enforcement cannot be attempted in dependence upon it. However, bad notices can often be remedied by the service of good notices and I see no reason why that should not be so in respect of credit agreements”.

b) It is my contention that His Honour Judge Chambers use of the word ‘often’ in para 75, can only be construed to mean ‘sometimes’, but not ‘always’. It should be noted that said statutory notice relied upon by the claimant is a bad notice and it is a second bad notice served by him. The circumstances to which a bad notice can be made good have not been established, however, it is my assertion that if the creditor should terminate the agreement after having served a bad statutory notice upon the debtor, then the opportunity for him to remedy the bad notice with the service of a good notice has been lost, the bad notice in such circumstances extinguishes the creditor’s right to demand sums not yet due early, but said notice does not extinguish his action of termination, yes the debt would remain, but the creditor’s own action of non-compliance with the statutory requirement imposed upon him under the CCA 1974 (as amended) has deprived him of entitlement to the full balance he claims and only the arrears that were due before he terminated on the foundation of a bad notice, is the sum he is entitled to pursue the debtor for through enforcement.

b) It is my assertion that the claimant is responsible for his own actions, whether those actions are rightful ones or wrongdoings.

For all the reasons stated herein, I respectfully request that the court do dismiss the claim without any further notice and that costs be awarded for time spent in research/study, preparing and filing my response to the claim.

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated herein are true.

Full name: nana

Signed: Dated this xxxxxxx(Defendant)

To be honest, this reads to me more like a witness statement, or perhaps a combination of defence and witness statement. Perhaps it might be beneficial to seperate out the two parts?

1. It is not denied that I entered into a Consumer Credit Agreement (the ‘agreement’) with the claimant, which is a regulated agreement and governed under legislation as laid out in the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the ‘Act’) and all subsequent regulations thereof (as amended). It is my assertion that the claimant is not entitled to proceed to enforcement of the sum he claims in these proceedings. I set out my grounds in support of my assertion
I really would suggest that you do NOT want to admit to entering into an agreement with the creditor. I would suggest that you perhaps say that you signed an application form but that the agreement was not reduced to writing, if they have not been able to supply a signed copy of the agreement.
CCA Request

2. On the 14/10/08 I sent by recorded delivery, a section 78 CCA request to HFC. This was received on the 16/10/08.They failed to respond to my request and were therefore in default

3.A further request was sent to HFC on 14/5/09,also advising that I now considered the account in dispute. A response was received from HFC on the 28/05/09 and that they would be conducting an investigation.

4.On the 2/6/09 received another letter from HFC saying that they are still investigating .I have still not received or had any acknowledgement of my Section 78 subsection (1)CCA request . To date of preparing this Defence I have not received nor had acknowledgement of my lawful request and under the consumer credit act 1974 subsection 6 (a) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

If they haven't replied to your request then that is a defence. You might also wish to refer to Carey.

2. The Claimant terminated the agreement unilaterally and now seeks to proceed to enforcement demanding the full balance without securing the necessary rights under said act that would allow him, as a matter of law, to do so.

a) It is my assertion that the statutory notice (the default notice) served, and relied upon in these proceedings, by the claimant is a defective (bad) notice and in this regard I respectfully refer the court to a recent High Court Judgment before His Honour Judge Chambers QC, sitting as a Judge of the High Court, between; Mr Keith Harrison and Link Financial Limited [2011] EWHC B3 (Mercantile). At para 75 of said case, His Honour HELD;

para75. “The notice of enforcement was a statutory pre-condition of enforcement. It was a bad notice and enforcement cannot be attempted in dependence upon it. However, bad notices can often be remedied by the service of good notices and I see no reason why that should not be so in respect of credit agreements”.

But the thing is that you haven't pleaded what the defects are. If you have a read of some of the posts of pt2537 you will see that this will be very beneficial to your position, indeed he suggests that there is case law that you MUST plead the defects.
b) It is my contention that His Honour Judge Chambers use of the word ‘often’ in para 75, can only be construed to mean ‘sometimes’, but not ‘always’. It should be noted that said statutory notice relied upon by the claimant is a bad notice and it is a second bad notice served by him. The circumstances to which a bad notice can be made good have not been established, however, it is my assertion that if the creditor should terminate the agreement after having served a bad statutory notice upon the debtor, then the opportunity for him to remedy the bad notice with the service of a good notice has been lost, the bad notice in such circumstances extinguishes the creditor’s right to demand sums not yet due early, but said notice does not extinguish his action of termination, yes the debt would remain, but the creditor’s own action of non-compliance with the statutory requirement imposed upon him under the CCA 1974 (as amended) has deprived him of entitlement to the full balance he claims and only the arrears that were due before he terminated on the foundation of a bad notice, is the sum he is entitled to pursue the debtor for through enforcement.

b) It is my assertion that the claimant is responsible for his own actions, whether those actions are rightful ones or wrongdoings.

For all the reasons stated herein, I respectfully request that the court do dismiss the claim without any further notice and that costs be awarded for time spent in research/study, preparing and filing my response to the claim.

Do you actually understnad what the above means? I see that you took this from a poster called The Mould. As other people have already said about his posts, this is very experimental and if you try to use this then you will very much be a guinea pig for the Mould's experiments and theories. Also, I note that you haven't mentioned anythinga bout section 86D. Have they given you correct notice of sums in arrears? If not then this is also a defence.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Excellent post.... :-)

Thanks, it's nice when people you respect give you praise.:oops:

nana,

I made a little mistake above. When I said:-

If they haven't replied to your request then that is a defence. You might also wish to refer to Carey.

I should have said Kotechka, not Carey. The relevant case is:- Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries [2011] EWCA Civ 105

http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup.cgi?doc=/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2011/105.htm

Thank you very very much nicklea I shall amend as advised.

I will read Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries over the weekend the last day for my defence to be filed is the 29th of april (next friday) and so I am getting in a bit of a tizz.

Restons sent me a copy of the signed agreement when I cpr'd them and have compared it against the customer copy..and it stands up..I have been issued with 2 defective DN's, and I also have mitigating circumstances but don't know whether to include that in my defence also? I have never received a sums in arrears notice..Parts of the defence i pinched from my first WS the one on which Restons vacated their claim for summary judgement so that's probably why it looks like a WS lol

I have read a few of pt's threads very informative..could you please point me to the thread you mentioned about pleading the defects? again thank you so much :)

With pleading the defects, I can't find pt's threads at the moment - trying to search on this site is very difficult. But there is a link here to a skeleton argument that covers some of the issues:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?178915-Defence-required-for-Claim-form-Barclaycard-CL-Finance-Howard-Cohen&p=3364743&viewfull=1#post3364743

If there is a problem with the date and number of days for service then you also need to plead that as well.

If you haven't received any notices of sums in arrears then you can also rely on section 86D CCA which means that they cannot enforce the agreement in the same way as they cannot enforce an agreement if they don't respond to a s77/78 request:-

86D Failure to give notice of sums in arrears

(1) This section applies where the creditor or owner under an agreement is under a duty to give the debtor or hirer notices under section 86B but fails to give him such a notice—

(a) within the period mentioned in subsection (2)(a) of that section; or

(b) within the period of six months beginning with the day after the day on which such a notice was last given to him.

(2) This section also applies where the creditor under an agreement is under a duty to give the debtor a notice under section 86C but fails to do so before the end of the period mentioned in subsection (2) of that section.

(3) The creditor or owner shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of non-compliance.

(4) The debtor or hirer shall have no liability to pay—

(a) any sum of interest to the extent calculated by reference to the period of non-compliance or to any part of it; or

(b) any default sum which (apart from this paragraph)—

(i) would have become payable during the period of non-compliance; or

(ii) would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement which occurs during that period (whether or not the breach continues after the end of that period).

(5) In this section ‘the period of non-compliance’ means, in relation to a failure to give a notice under section 86B or 86C to the debtor or hirer, the period which—

(a) begins immediately after the end of the period mentioned in (as the case may be) subsection (1)(a) or (b) or (2); and

(b) ends at the end of the day mentioned in subsection (6).

(6) That day is—

(a) in the case of a failure to give a notice under section 86B as mentioned in subsection (1)(a) of this section, the day on which the notice is given to the debtor or hirer;

(b) in the case of a failure to give a notice under that section as mentioned in subsection (1)(b) of this section, the earlier of the following—

(i) the day on which the notice is given to the debtor or hirer;

(ii) the day on which the condition mentioned in subsection (4)(a) of that section is satisfied;

© in the case of a failure to give a notice under section 86C, the day on which the notice is given to the debtor.

Hi

Yes I would strongly recommend you reconsider using this part of your defence.

It is based on a misconception that the balance of the loan is somehow not due when a default notice is ineffective.

I believe this came about through a misunderstanding of the Woodchester case where future rental income could not be claimed due to a faulty notice, the situation is of course different in a loan where the principal of course is a current liability under the contract.

Re the Ketchoka case

Whilst being an excellent result for the firm involved the case very much turned on its own evidence.

This was an appeal, the section 78 request was shown to be inconsistent with the evidence presented at the original hearing. Due to the litigation procedure.(the agreement was still in the period of unenforceablitiy during the enforcemnt at the lower court) the judge had to find for the debtor.

If the incorrect section 78 had been made available at the original hearing then it would have been corrected and the court would have enforced. The judge at the appeal mentioned that the creditor could re-apply to the lower court and re file in order to enforce.

Peter

Happy Easter folks.

Thanks nicklea and peter..

I think I have finished the second draft of my defence...not sure on the wording on some points so any tweeks to it are gratefully received :)

BUT! I would like to state that I am leaving in the part attributed to the mould and here is why. Yes I do understand it and it fits in with my own case very nicely I know this has never been tested and I am a willing guinea pig...I have nothing to lose a, the debt is small b,even if i lose i will only pay what i can afford which equates to very little and someone has to do it to test the point on the re-issue of DN's to my mind it would make me the perfect candidate.

On a side note I was diagnosed with COPD on Thursday so there are worse things going on in my life atm..stress is a huge factor in exaserbations of this disease and I shall make that clear to the DJ if he decides that it must go to trial. Thank you and please be gentle with me. here goes-

Claim no: xxxxxxxxx

Between:

In the xxxxxx County Court

HFC Bank PLC Claimant

And

Nana Defendant

DEFENCE

I, Nana, ,of xxxxxxxxxxx am the Defendant in these proceedings and I make this statement in defence to the claim.

The Credit Agreement

CCA 1974 s78 Request

1. On the 14/10/08 I sent by recorded delivery, a section 78 CCA request to HFC Bank PLC. This was received by the claimant on the 16/10/08.They failed to respond to my request and were therefore in default

A further request was sent to HFC Bank PLC on 14/5/09,also advising that I now considered the account in dispute. A response was received from HFC on the 28/05/09 and that they would be conducting an investigation.

On the 2/6/09 I received another letter from HFC Bank PLC saying that they are still investigating .I have still not received or had any acknowledgement of my Section 78 subsection (1) CCA request. and under the consumer credit act 1974 subsection 6

(a) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement

(a) I respectfully refer the court to a recent High Court Judgment before Lord Justice Patten -IN THE COURT OF APPEAL (CIVIL DIVISION) Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries [2011] EWCA Civ 105 Case No: B2/2010/0231 at para 24 of said case His Honour- HELD

It is accepted, and there are first instance authorities for this, that failure to comply with Section 78 does not prevent a creditor from starting proceedings, but it does prevent a creditor from obtaining judgment

Notice of sums in arrears

1.It is denied by the Defendant that any such notice has ever been served and the Claimant is put to strict proof that this was not the case. The defendant respectfully refers the court to Section 86D of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended)

1. A CPR .31.14 request was sent to Restons on the 6/06/09. I received a copy of the credit agreement and a default notice on the 17/6/09

2. I will contend at trial that the Default Notice that Restons will rely on is invalid as It does not allow the required 14 clear days service to remedy the breach. This is considered to be an unlawful rescission of contract. Not withstanding the afore mentioned defect the Defendant will also contend that no statutory notice was ever received by the claimant until said CPR request, and the Claimant is put to strict proof that this was not the case. And therefore this is not a de-minimus issue.

3. On the 4/12/2011 I received a letter from Restons solicitors and contained within this letter was a backdated -re-issued Default Notice. I will also contend at trial that this second default notice is also invalid as the Defendant had no prospect of responding to this said Default Notice and must be regarded as never being served at all on the Defendant. The Claimant is also put to strict proof that this was not the case.

4.The Claimant terminated the agreement unilaterally and now seeks to proceed to enforcement demanding the full balance without securing the necessary rights under said act that would allow him, as a matter of law, to do so.

para75. “The notice of enforcement was a statutory pre-condition of enforcement. It was a bad notice and enforcement cannot be attempted in dependence upon it.

However, bad notices can often be remedied by the service of good notices and I see no reason why that should not be so in respect of credit agreements”.

General form of judgement or order

1 On the 19/2/2011 I received by way of service a general form of judgement or order by which leave to issue proceedings against me citing the same course of action was granted. A hearing to which I had no prior knowledge until after the fact and to which representations could have been made by the defendant saving the court wasted time and expense.

a) I respectfully request that the court takes notice of the claimant’s conduct in these proceedings, as the matter stands, the overriding objectives are not being met nor adhered to by him, as a result, the two parties in these proceedings are not on equal footing, the claimant’s conduct has placed me at an unfair disadvantage and is frustrating these proceedings, which in turn will place an unnecessary burden upon the court’s resources in managing the case and therefore I ask the court to exercise its powers in order to bring an end to the claimant’s nonsense

Statement of Truth

I believe the facts stated herein are true.

Full name: nana

Signed: Dated this xxxxxxx(Defendant)

But the Creditor CANNOT terminate on the back of a bad notice. That is the whole point, the statute PROHIBITS it.

You need to read s87(1) you will see that see that the creditor must serve a notice before he can become entitled to terminate.

The word entitled in a statute for the protection of consumers by the provision of information clearly shows that they cannot step outside of this and seek a common law remedy. In any event the common law does not override the will of parliament. The only law that can attack the will of parliament is european law and it can do so because of the European Communities Act 1972!!

there is case law which confirms that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is not defeated by common law either.

Also

Thre are now a number of judicial decisions which the Mould clearly is unaware of, as the Court have, following Harrison dismissed Claims where the notice was bad, citing that no enforcement can be attempted in dependence on a bad notice.

I do not believe the moulds arguments will work, i do believe that when faced with that defence Restons will file for summary judgment