Wescot/Barclays

Scootmatt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will this do to start with ?

Dear sir/madam

You have failed to respond to my subject access request (see attached) this means you have breached the data protection act 1998.

If you fail to provide me with the requested information within the next seven days then I will be forced to report you to the information commissioners office

Yours faithfully,

Mr Tipper

If you fail to provide me with the requested information within the next seven days OR PROVIDE ME WITH A VALID REASON WHY YOU CANNOT/WILLNOT COMPLY then I will be forced to report you to the information commissioners office

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about something along those lines DD, but I think they could reasonably say it would take them longer than that to get a full SAR together, hence, as I said in my post, giving them some time to do it. I agree in theory with you, but a couple of SAR's I've had recently have been in excess of 300 pages long - that's a lot of work for someone.

Next thing you know they'll be saying that they don't have to supply a copy of your original agreement and that a re-con one will do!......oh wait a minute?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well I havnt heard from Barclays yet but today I recieved a letter from Wescot.

The letter says :

"We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account.

Whilst we acknowledge the contents of your letter, to enable us to investigate this matter firther , please provide us with full details in writing in order that we can liase with our client.

We look forward to recieving the above as soon as possible together with payment on the part of the balance which is not in dispute"

Should I just file and forget this letter ? Is this just a last ditch attempt to get some money out of me ? Should I report them for this letter ?

Opinions apreciated.

Either file and forget or send a reply,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter dated dd/mm/yyyy.

I am happy to provide the full details you requested. They are as follows, the account is in dispute.

I am also happy to pay in full the amount not disputed. This amount is £0.00.

Thank you for your letter and I trust this addresses all the issues contained therein.

Yours sincerely,

Today I recieved a letter from Barclays saying

"we write further to your letter of 18 February and apologise that we did not receieve your earlier letter in this department"

It then goes on to say they will be supplying me with the data I have asked for within the 40 days.

Looks like they are playing the whole "lost in the post card" even though I sent it recoded delivery !

!?!?!?! A year ago!!

From now on you mustn't give them any wriggle room, even if they are one day late, escalate your complaint further. This really should have been given to the ICO to fine them. Not to worry, but if they do take the full time allowed then they are taking the Michael out of you, I would expect them to send you the docs within 14 days, but we'll see.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update ,

I still haven't received my SAR paperwork from Barclays and their time is quickly running out. I am however still receiving letters from Wescot .

After receiving this letter :-

"We refer to your recent communication regarding the above account.

Whilst we acknowledge the contents of your letter, to enable us to investigate this matter firther , please provide us with full details in writing in order that we can liase with our client.

We look forward to recieving the above as soon as possible together with payment on the part of the balance which is not in dispute"

I replied :-

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter dated dd/mm/yyyy.

I am happy to provide the full details you requested. They are as follows, the account is in dispute.

I am also happy to pay in full the amount not disputed. This amount is £0.00.

Thank you for your letter and I trust this addresses all the issues contained therein."

I then received another letter from them asking for more details which I ignored. Today I received another FINAL NOTICE saying that I must pay up in ten days or they will take me to court or turn up at my door :roll:

Now , they know the account is in dispute as I have told them so in writing , Barclays know the account is in dispute as I sent them the SAR letter and they responded to it SO are wescot breaking any rules by continuing to contact me ?

If yes what can I do about it ?

Thanks again in advance.

You give a dog a bone and it will keep coming back.

Forward your complaint to the ICO about Barclays failing to reply to your SAR, 12 months is inexcusable, as is allowing them a further 30 days, 7 days is all they required in a letter before action, ignore westcot and barclays, go straight to the ICO and make the complaint.

12 months - that is unbelievable. i totally agree with BB, you need to stop being so soft and fight back!

I'm tired & ready for bed....or a good fight? :yawn::argue:

Ok where do I start ??!!

The only problem I have is that I don't think I still have the receipt from the recorded delivery when I first sent the SAR so it will be their word against mine.

Since then I have bought a folder and I write on the back of all my receipts what it was that I sent.

OK not to worry, if you can't remember how you paid the £10 fee, and don't have proof of this, then you'll just have to do it again, at least now your filing will be in order, send it recorded delivery as it is an important request, also if there is anything 'specific' that you are looking for, ie, charges to reclaim etc, then inform them that they are to enclose these documents also, although pretty much anything with your name on it should be in the bundle.

They have 40 days in which to return said docs, if they fail, give them a further 14 days or you will forward the complaint on to the ICO.

have you offerd full and final settalment of the account by paying the 50% of the ballance you are not disputing? normaly wescot will accept offers like this - obv they wont offer it to you but if you just call them say you are in financial hardship you have no income you are on JSA (THEY DONT CHECK THIS) and a family member is willing to pay "x amount" to close the account 99.9% of the time the offer will be accepted and the acc will be closed and get them to email or post confermation of acc closed