Bad Debt and Employment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am getting a little upset. I have applied for another job and I am about to be turned down as I have adverse credit history.

This is working for a lettings agency, just simply valuing properties and gaining instructions. I really need this job as it will provide me with the income to finally start getting myself and my partner out of the hole we are in. I need to earn between 25 to 30k plus (Before my income dropped I was on 40k plus)

The last 18 months I have only been able to get jobs around the 17k region.

Has anyone got any advice? I have tried to change careers but all I get offered is low paid jobs and we are getting desperate. This job would enable to start making arrangements with creditors and to pay back what I owe.

Who has placed what on your credit file?

What are the alleged debts & how much?

Is anyone chasing for payment, if so who?

What are they credit cards/loans/overdrafts?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Two CCJ's, one from a loan- Did offer a payment plan when I went into debt, but creditor decided it was not enough. I accepted the claim and court agreed the payments.

Other was through a contested Credit Agreement but Judge ignored High Court cases and law and awarded the creditor. Could not afford to contest.

Have defaults on others, some I have agreed to repay (The Lawful agreements- Most have been helpful) Have some that are still outstanding which have no enforceable credit agreements, or invlaid default notices or simply can't be bothered to follow the rules.

Trying desperatly to get out of this mess but need a better paid job to pay back what can be enforced through a court of law.

I don't see why your credit history has anything to do with your employment. Some professions may have a bearing eg: Financial Advisors but I have always acted correctly and professionally.

The ones that you are contesting, I take it you have made the necessary CCA requests, they have come back with nothing, ot nothing of any relevance, have you placed these 'In dispute'?

The CCJ's isn't really alot you can do, esp if they didn't obtain them by default, but the second one there maybe is some room for manoeuvre not really my bag so am unsure?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry, can't help you with your problem, much as you have my sympathy. I've just been on Google to see if there was anything I could find for you - there's hundreds there in your position! I believe it's not only happening in jobs that require any element of dealing with finance, I believe it's going into other areas too.

Good luck!

Yes, done the usual with placing the account in dispute. Still is ignored by lenders and dca and they carry on regardless.

Referring to employment, isn't this a human rights issue. CCJ's and credit are not a criminal offence, they are civil disputes and it has nothing to do with an employer. I can understand CRB checks and credit checks for when you are seeking credit. But for employment? Some jobs it may bear relevance but most people in my position didn't choose to have a dramatic cut in income leading to the position I am in. I don't think its right that it should affect employment because the income that I would get would get me and my family out of this situation and we can pay those back that lawfully have a right.

I agree. Also, because you've cocked up your own finances does not mean you're untrustworthy with others. I great at giving good advice, just never follow what I'd tell others!

When I was a Headteacher I managed a budget of around 3/4 million each year, and despite any personal problems the school money was managed very effectively, but it wasn't mine! I used to dread them finding out about any debt problems in case I lost the job.

I used to be a mortgage advisor. Unlike some, I always did things properly and gave best advice. I raise money for charites and non profit organisations. Never been a problem. Always kept work and private life seperated. Got into debt when the property market crashed and mortgages dried up. Had my finances under control and was paying everything back, never late with payments until this happened.

Been fighting a rear guard action since and want to get things sorted.

I got turned down for a training role despite being the most qualified and experienced due to my credit file. I was short-listed down to the last two candidates and the job had no financial requirements, I would have nothing to do with financial side. I couldn't believe they did a credit check on me without my permission.

I hope this is not a taste of things to come in the future that if you have bad credit you become unemployable.