• Tweets

• I agree with dx about the letter, please don't send that. I'll have a think about it later and I hope dx will have time to as well. Regarding you teaching undergrads, did you talk to your students union about how a criminal record would affect you?
    • sorry but that letter needs to be much much better. you need to express that it was a stilly youthful mistake trying to be the big man and jumping the turnstile to look big infront of your peers. TfL prosecutors are on the email address on their first letter. get the court form sent back to the court , (but copy it first) stating you plead guilty and wish to attend to address the judge in person face to face to show your genuine remorse for your stupid youthful exuberance.      
    • I thought I should send the begging letter to the prosecutor. Does the hearing means the time I need to send back by? If so, it’s June 5  I plan to send the new begging letter as following, can I ask for some suggestions? Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,  Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.  I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.  I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.  Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.  I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.  I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.   Yours sincerely,
    • LoL Dx you crack me up. Thanks for the advice. I'll stay positive.
    • Utter Rubbish!! lowell dont write and beg for deals once they start court. as for your attitude, we'll thats nothing new for you.😎 you wont be quizzed, it's not like TV, simply refer to your defence/WS when answering anything the judge may ever ask. well it involves chickens. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

EGG miss-sold PPI!! FOS found in MY favor! YEAHHHH!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys -

I would just like to let people know that I have after hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get Egg to redress miss-sold PPI I contacted the FOS.

I have had a letter this week to say that they have found in my favor and Egg have agreed to repay all the charges + CI + 8% in compensation!

This is wonderful news - but I now have to wait to see what they offer - and hope they don't mess me about (I have read some horror stories on the forum)!

Will let you all know the out come

- and another donation will be made to the site.

Thank you to everyone who has patiently answer all my questions - especially the dumb ones.

Your patient and expertise is appreciated.

KX

PPI REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Loan PPI full refunded + 8%

HALIFAX - Credit Card PPI full refund + 8%

EGG - WON!

MARBLES/HFC - N1 Submitted

MORGAN & STANLEY - [/WON!]

CREDIT CARD CHARGES REFUNDS

HALIFAX - Credit Card Charges full refund + 8%

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

MORGAN & STANLEY - Full refund + CI

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

Congratulations Kate. That's great news. Look forward to hearing you've got your money back.:-D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

good news....

i just wish you would stop making a new thread everytime any of your differing debts have an update

see we're gonna have to do some merging for you.

you should really keep to one thread for each debt.

i'e this result should be posted on your existing egg thread, but i see there is more than one of those too....

never mind, at least cag is helping you and you are helping other to keep this site alive for when they need help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Firstly I apologise for not adding this question on to one of my earlier threads.

For some reason when I search all my started threads/posts it is advising me that I don't have any.

I had a complaint in with FOS in regards to EGG refusing to repay miss sold PPI

I won and they found in my favour.

Egg were advised that they had to pay back the charges + CI + 8%.

Last week I eventually received a cheque that only covered about 1/2 of the amount due. Typical!

They have made up some figures that don't make any sense

it appears their CI rate they were refunding was only about 9% APR which is ridiculous (it was supposed to be 16.9%)

I am in the process of saying thank you for the cheque but I am only accepting it as a part payment, sending another copy of the spreadsheet, and demanding the rest.

Could someone please just give me a bit of advice on the calculations, I just want to double check so I don't look a twit.

(PPI charge + CI) + 8% = Total

I have just read something on the site that has got me confused as I have been working out my calculations like this

PPI Charge + CI + 8% = Total

Not sure when I am adding on the 8% if it is 8% of the PPI charge or the PPI charge including the CI.

Hope I am making sense - thanks in advance!

KX

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

CAG has been amazing and a real God send! Thank you so much to all the people who help to make this the place it is and dedicate their time to help people like me! Please donate to help keep this site alive! It's Priceless!!!!!

its 8% to the total of [charge+their int] PCM from each charges date.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks guys - thats great! Means they owe me more than I thought.

If anyone has time and can be bothered can someone please check the calculation below.

PPI amount - 4.57

Date of charge - 12/03/2002

APR - 16.9%

CI interest owed - 17.11

8% - 15.87

(4.57 + 17.11) + 15.87 = 37.55

Sorry pound sign not working on PC -

Really appreciate help as always, but just want to be confident before I go back to FOS and EGG.

KX

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

• 1 month later...

As mentioned above FOS found in my favour and I eventually got a cheque from Egg

- extremely disappointing as it was less thank half of what I was expecting.

The calculations they sent were completely random, they also gave me 200 compensation, but even with the compensation it was less than half.

I contacted the guy from the ombudsman and asked him if I should write asking for a detailed breakdown and the rest of the money they owed?

He agreed that this was the best way forward.

Weeks later I still hadn't heard anything.

I wrote again, and my man at FOS also asked them to look into it.

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago advising they would look into it and get back to me, but it could be sometime due to the recent PPI ruling.

This is just a joke, and seems never ending. FOS have found in my favor but Egg are just messing about. Do you think I should tell them to pay up within the next 7 days or I will be starting court proceedings?

(Slick will email you my spreadsheet that I sent)

Help as always will be appreciated.

K

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

ims - looks that way! Just need to make sure I have got my figures correct 1st. Thank you.

K

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

I would definitely send an LBA Kate. If it's been mis-sold I don't see why you shouldn't get it all back.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi there,

I am going to do a letter before action, give them 14 days,

if they fail to pay up the remainder I am going to fill in my N1.

Before I do I would really appreciate it if someone could check that my figures are about right.

I have worked with fos guidelines. Added CI (16.9%) and added 8% on the top -

(PPI charge + CI) + 8% = total

Calculations are up to 11/5/11

I have done a basic and lengthy spreadsheet on word (I now know there is a better way of doing it, but I have done it now).

The method I have used is from the sticky

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?249257-PPI-Interest-Calculator

No need to check the whole thing, but if I am on the right lines that is great - hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!

Many thanks in advance,

K

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

Hi Kate

For some reason Word won't open your file. Also, if you have done it in word, your claim won't auto-update as time passes. I've attached a spreadsheet template you can use. You only need to enter list data in columns A, B and C. Change the APR in the blue section to the same as they were charging you. The rest of the calcs are done for you and the sheet will automatically update as time passes. This will give you a more accurate claim figure.

ims

CompoundInt.xls

Many thanks for the spreadsheet -

I am now redoing all my calculations using the excel spreadsheet.

I need help with a basic question -

The way I am calculating my figures is using the contractual interest at 16.9% then adding 8% on top.

Would it be easier just to use 24.9% or do 2 separate spreadsheets?

1 with 16.9% and the other with 8% and then add the totals together?

First time I have used the excel spreadsheet method, so I apologise if it is a basic question.

Thank you

K

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

Hi Kate

The spreadsheet will give you the figure for contractual interest right up to date.

When you go to court you will be asking for whatever that figure is at that time plus 8% Stat Int on the total from the date of claim to the date of settlement.

ims

Ok - understood, but I though I was supposed to ask for the 8% from the off, especially if you are claiming at a lower CI rate?

Can I only ask for the 8% at court stage? I have followed the fos guidelines and this is what I have been told to ask for.

K

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!

Hi Kate

Sorry but have just re-read post 1.

Egg have agreed in writing to pay you the premium + CI + 8% on each premium as compensation. You are just trying to lever the correct payment from them

This being the case, you can use the attached amended spreadsheet. Again, data is only required for columns A, B & C

Regards

ims

CompoundIntPlus8.xls

Hi Kate

Just realised I have left in a "Test" rate of 16% for APR.....this was just for my testing of the sheet....please change that rate to your rate.

Regards

ims

Sorry to But in on this thread but I found the spread sheet very useful! I just wanted to ask a question though if I may?

The compound interest runs until the date the claim is settled but the APR on the PPI ends the date the loan has finished so how can I calculated how much I should be owed if the end dates are different?

Sorry again to crash this thread but the spread sheet is brilliant as I know absolutely nothing about excel so wouldn't have been able create it myself!

Sorry to But in on this thread but I found the spread sheet very useful! I just wanted to ask a question though if I may?

The compound interest runs until the date the claim is settled but the APR on the PPI ends the date the loan has finished so how can I calculated how much I should be owed if the end dates are different?

Compound interest is not relevant if its a loan, only if its a revolving credit account like a credit card. For loans it is ppi monthly payment +8% stat on each payment.

Sorry again to crash this thread but the spread sheet is brilliant as I know absolutely nothing about excel so wouldn't have been able create it myself!

See answer in red

ims

• Confused 1

ims - Thank you very much - going to check out the updated spready later - got to nip out on the school run.

Appreciate your help - I will give you a shout if you are about later if I get stuck.

K

PPI REFUNDS

EGG - WON!

EGG -WON!

BARCLAYCARD - WON!

BARCLAYCARD 2 -WON!