Help! Threat of bankruptcy - hand delivered, Capital One-Lowell/Hamptons

bluerose4u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that - made very interesting reading -

my initial concern now remains that I was served with papers officially, it allows 18 days to call and make payment/arrangement ? or apply to court to have set aside. The document I was served with was dated 2 days before I was presented with it late in the afternoon, so I already lost 2 days. I do dispute the amount and requested the usual CCA and SAR straight away ( rec del) using the templates here that of course will not come until after the 18 day deadline for obvious reasons no doubt -

In Particulars of Debt - it refers to notice of assignment having been served upon debtor ? - is this simply standard terms? would this be in person or writing does it matter - as I have no recollection of this at all.

In my head I feel there was a few hundred outstanding, but so long ago since I ever made a payment and I was going through hell at the time -

Thx for all your help - please keep it coming, Im due to have surgery shortly and this is really messing me up. x

• 2 weeks later...

Well - an update!

I received the SAR from Capital One, came the day I was due to hand in papers at court to set aside. There does not seem to be a default notice? within their docs, mentioned this in the statement and no CCA from either of them which are overdue now. All I can do now is wait and see isnt it?

Ive set aside mine as well using no CCA, no asignment debt delivered by recorded delivery etc, the SAR turned up to today and there is about £250 charges + Interest that i have not claimed back on my old credit card. I am going to claim these back but i am not sure if i can still, can anyone help as the account is in dispute.

• 1 month later...

Hello

We all owe something to someone some where.

What is yours for ? is it a credit card ? if it is you could do as i have done.

I have asked the DCA and Barclay card for a CCA,proof of letter of asignment etc. Barclay card have responded to this with terms and conditions but no signed agreement and the the DCA have not responded. I then used this in my defence on the set aside form there are many letters on here to copy, if you cannot find it i can let you have what i have used. I then asked Barclay card for a SAR i paid with a £10 Postal order and used Royal Mail special delivery. When it came a week later i went through all the credit card charges that added up to £920 with interest i then sent a standard letter asking them to pay them back they responded with standard letter, i then sent another telling them to pay back in 14 days or i will issue court action without further notice. A week later i received a letter saying that they will credit me the £920 and barclay card will notify the agency reponsible for my account and amend the balance accordingily.

I believe if i make it to court this will strenghten my case as the DCA is chasing the wrong amount .

I hope this helps

Woody

Its good they gave you the charges back. But what were they for? just general charges of excessive ones. I might try that with Barclaycard, but mine was just a normal cc account, im not really sure what charges other than interest they have put on? Can you just advise me what is a SAR, im not sure. Ive worked out most of the other abbreviations!