Robinson Way old london Scottish finance debt

jj itch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally would tell them it is unenforceable because the the credit amount is wrong, for which you have proof. If you just say it is unenforceable they will just come back at you and say it isn't. You don't have to quote the case. I wouldn't worry about them. There is nothing they can do about it.

On reflection, Pinky's way is best, at least it should avoid "yes it is" / "no it isn't" letter ping-pong. Personally, I'm not a believer in ever quoting cases at any DCA, I take the view that it's better to keep what, or how much, you know to yourself.

another letter from R & W saying they want us to contact them re payment they are not wanting to have letters back and forth, they say they have sent the correct paper work the uneforceable agreement and statements.

They seem to be threatening, I cant scan their recent letter as my scanner is not working due to moving house.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, but they have sent the uneforceable agreement, statements and they say i have acknowledged the debt because I was paying them a £1 a month, should i still ignore them. The statements are originally from london scottish.

It doesn't matter what happened before. You didn't know before you asked that they were asking you for payment on a non-existent agreement. Rob Way are the collection arm of London Scottish, which went into administration last year. It doesn't matter who was pursuing you - they shouldn't have been doing it without a lawful agreement - that is the law.

How long before they give up though

You may have to wait for the alleged debt to become Stat Barred before they give up altogether, as nobody will enforce the rules DCAs do what they like :mad: Have you reported them yet? Because that will often make them go away, for a while anyway.

I got them to give up by making complaints to their complaints departments every time they wrote that they were pursuing me for debts in dispute that had no agreements and sending copies of all these complaints to the OFT. I had a few DCAs pursuing me a couple of years ago and are all long gone. I got rid of DLC by writing really cheeky letters to their owner Robin Faccenda at his chicken HQ and bypassing DLC altogether. Cabot I just stood up to and Moorcroft practically gave up without a fight because they haven't a clue.

• 4 months later...

London Scottish Finance ltd (in administration)

I have received a default notice from them, going to scan it in and attach it later. i thought this lot had given up but obviously not. what should i do threatening to take us to court

I notice in the DN it states "if you end this agreement" , "under this agreement" etc etc.What agreement! they can not produce the agreement and therefore can not enforce it and if they want to take you to court let them.

There are some really good people on here with expertise in dealing with hese people and they will advise you on what to do as and when you recieve the threat-o-grams.

Twoman