court case for speeding

spikes62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It starts this Thursday at 930 at court,

my son got zapped doing 50mph in a 40 mph area.

He only passed his test 3 months previous so to spend a further 18months ( after all the court hearing) with only 3 points to play with was worrying.

When I looked into all the evidence the police had sent through the post I felt it was worth a challenge in court. Unipar sl700 hand held laser.

zapped at 354 mtrs, straight road, weather was overcast but dry, cross wind of 28 kph. No telephoto on the unipar,

how did he keep it on the vehicle for the 1/3rd of a sec and get an accurate reading without causing sweep error ????

from his statement he arrived on site at 1300, and got his first customer at 1303, namely my son.

How long did it take to park his motorbike , remove his helment get all his equipment together,

perform his calibration checks then take 3 sec under ACOP to decide my son was speeding and zap him. ?????

Sweep error occurs when the operators hand moves ?(in the drivers favor) cross wind .

for every 1 degree hand movement at 100 mtrs equate to nearly 2 mtrs at car end so for 354 mtrs a 1 degree hand movement equals around 7 mtrs did sweep error occur ??????

so i think we may have a chance to get him off this :| will let u know and pass on any tips if it works

Edited by spikes62
spelling mistakes and add some more

they dont have to remove helmet

they dont have to do sweep error at every location

they dont have to cal at every location

as long as the two have been 'done' previous that day, then its ok.

for 3mts of driving exp, doing 50 in a 40, will be deemed as crass poor regard for what was learned such a very short period of time ago, regardless of any 'tech' arguement you could muster.

sad lesson learned,

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

One expensive mistake looming?

I got caught doing 40mph on a dual carriageway which was a 70mph limit.

But they had roadworks so dropped the speed to 30mph. Drve the route weekly and always slowed down to 30

They moved the roadworks further down to the island but let the signs in the original place.

I slowed down at the sign but not enough, I thought it would be cheaper to pay up rather than lose time & pay

trying to fight it. Shame i didnt know about these forums back then.

No dx100uk you get sweep error on all laser guns, if the operator moves his hand during trigger press then you can get a return signal from the number plate ( usual place they try, flat surface and all ) and say the wing mirror, this confuses the laser gun ie distance from number plate and wing mirror which increases the speed of the vehicle. you dont get sweep error on a tripod mounted unit. Plus the day was very windy ( cross wind to the operator).

Went to court and he has a hearing on the 11th June . May get a solicitor on this as more info has come to light, ie the officer has the car travelling in the wrong direction in his statement > Oooops

Would you like to know the truth? can you handle the truth?

If you can prove that the speed camera's are not accurate then you will therefore have proven that all previous tickets and future tickets are infact invalid.

If you do prove that then nobody in the future can get a speeding ticket and the industry will not be happy. How are they suppose to get the speeding drivers with speed camera's that are not correct?

You cannot win unless you have a diffrent escuse in my opinion, because the technology is "correct" and working and you cannot prove its not.

While you are waiting for the court date you can in the meantime request "by method of disclosure the calibration data and last calibration check date before and after the alleged speeding offence", this may give you something to argue, and also its free as they have to disclose doc's to you.

Regards TK

Would you like to know the truth? can you handle the truth?

If you can prove that the speed camera's are not accurate then you will therefore have proven that all previous tickets and future tickets are infact invalid.

If you do prove that then nobody in the future can get a speeding ticket and the industry will not be happy. How are they suppose to get the speeding drivers with speed camera's that are not correct?

You cannot win unless you have a diffrent escuse in my opinion, because the technology is "correct" and working and you cannot prove its not.

I don't believe this statement to be correct.

If a magistrates court find that the evidence from a speed gun was unreliable, this would not mean that speed guns could never be used ever again.

I think "sweep error" as a reliable defence is frankly clutching at straws and is perhaps related to aged defences. With current equipment it's pretty dammed accurate and if he has been caught then it's pretty certain he has been bought bang to to right so to speak.

What you are trying to defend is what the insurance co's statistacily prove is correct in that young male drivers are a higher risk which pushes everyones premiums up.

Havong said that, some of the worst offenders that I see, and I spend a lot of time on the road, is young femails. Frankly they are ****dy dangerous. Invariably you can see they are not aware of the surroundings and have no idea of speed and I don't understand why the statistics don't reflect this.

Perhaps it's a case of daddy not reporting them and repairing out of the family pocket.

yep sweep error was a get out clause years ago

but there you go

people need to be realistic

i was speeding got caught - end of - face it - pay up - be trusted not to do it. - simple

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Havong said that, some of the worst offenders that I see, and I spend a lot of time on the road, is young femails. Frankly they are ****dy dangerous. Invariably you can see they are not aware of the surroundings and have no idea of speed and I don't understand why the statistics don't reflect this.

Perhaps it's a case of daddy not reporting them and repairing out of the family pocket.

Don't know how they don't have accidents. I now drive with a camera in my car and no longer slow down for idiots who change lanes making me hit the curb and saying i speeded up etc.

I have ladies thinking they own the road. Been hit from the side by over 6 ladies and only 2 man, but 2 men hit my car when I wasn't in them.

1 said she hurd me hit the horn but she had priority, dont see how when im in my lane on a dual carriageway

2 came accross 4 lanes and said it was not her car and it was a new car

3 lady was in left lane on a big island, and instead of going off next exit delibratly hit my car, when asked she said she can do it in the highway code and in the left lane you can go all the way round the island.

4 lady moved out of a parked space and said I should have let her go as she had priority

5 I was driving and a lady hit the wing mirror, said it was her fella's car.

loads more, dont know how they say they are good drivers. The new thing that has been alleged by insurance is that men are targeting vunrable women and old peole even when they havent done anything wrong. I got CCTV to prove otherwise.

Regards TK