style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok so i need to hit this on the head, got 10 loans, been juggling them about easy enough but overtime is starting to dry up. Who are the easiest to deal with.....

PDUK

Payday Express

wonga

lending stream * 2

uncle buck

lend uk

pounds 2 pocket

early payday

247 moneybox

Which one will cause hassle

Hi ihateyes

24 7 Moneybox agreed to me setting up a payment plan with them but charged me a £36 fee for the privelige!

Payday Express - They won't accept anything lower than £100 initial payment, so I'm waiting for them to hand over to a DCA.

Lending Stream haven't even answered my emails/letter yet.

Not sure about the rest of them but Good Luck - don't let them bully you!

I wont, i expect wonga to give me problems, and a few other. PDUK i have had a repayment plan over 18mths and they were good.

I have changed bank accounts, as i dont trust one particular lender. Even though they may agree, i dont trust them from having a dip anyway.

Plan to offer 6mths to pay.

Lending stream were pretty hard for my friend so you may not get much joy there.

Pounds to Pocket are the same group as QuickQuid but i thought these were more like personal loans rather than payday. As such they might to a plan easier.

This is my last months paypacket with ot

Im paying monexbox off in full £150 and Early Payday £200.

L/stream - one loan completes this month the other is around £50pm - il leave it as it is.

Pounds to pockets is £31 per month, so il leave that as it is.

Wonga and PDUK i have spoken to, and they gave me their details. I will make a faster payment of what i can afford, but they say they need to attempt the card in the first place.

PDUK, Wonga, Express, U Buck LUK cary from £350-900.

Wanting to pay over 4-6 mths £100-£150 pm.

I can afford to pay £700 pm from my wage to these companies, to finish once and for all.

Il keep updated with how each company responds, and how helpful and understanding they are!!

The reason they need to attempt the card first is to milk you dry, there is NO need for them to do it but it is one of their few weapons.

Hopefully you have set up a basic bank account with either Halifax or Co-op and got your income transferred into that, otherwise watch out.

These days banks are becoming more aware of these underhand tactics so hopefully you have an enlightened bank.

quick update.

Have a 6mth payment plan with wonga, which is now on the website.

payment plan with uncle buck arranged as well.

pduk have said they need to try first before setting repayment plan

still need to ring lenduk and payday express.

ANother update.

Still to call lend uk - no asnwer when i ring.

WDA - still to call.

Payday express - wont accept a plan, so i asked for their details, told them im paying over 6 months and included in the 6mth plan is 1mths interest. i told them thats all their getting from me. if they want more then il see them in court, also told them if the put extra charges on and pass me to dca, il pay over 12 mths or more. upto them.

Uncle Buck, and Wonga, have been fantastic, i cant say anything bad about the setting up of the plan.

If i had waited til my due date with wonga i would owe £904, but by calling them, the balance has been frozen at just over £800.

PDUK said they will set one up, but once i default -but i will send my monthly payment to them on Pday.

I shoudlve done this mths ago

Well Done Ihateyes! I'm having same problems with Payday Express, Quick Quid and Lending Stream but 24/7 Moneybox and Wageday Advance have agreed to a payment plan and have said they would freeze any interest/charges.

Cool.

Wageday advance set a plan up over 6mths, no questions asked but for a fee of £36 i think.

Lenduk and lending stream leave me in a queue trying to get thru to collections. so i havent spoke to them yet.

Payday Express - i might just pay if i can afford, cos i cant be bothered with the hassle.

I am surprised how helpful these companies have been bar express

- U READING THIS PAYDAY EXPRESS, BE RESPONSIBLE IN LENDING, BUT BE RESPONSIBLE IN HELPING PEOPLE WHO ARE STRUGGLING, INSTEAD OF CAUSING MORE WORRY.

Good grief these threads are confusing... completely different responses from the various lenders in every one.

For what it's worth, so far, the only one PD lender (of six - yes, I know, I went insane there, that was kind of the problem...) who has responded positively to my pro rata offer has been Payday Express, who have clearly been less than helpful to others round here. Offer was around 8 months, by the way.

But I'll keep ploughing through it, persisting with the correct courses of action, and hopefully this horrible mess will one day be a distant memory, thanks to the help of the likes of the posters here - HUGE thanks to all who take the time to advise others.

I think the main problem with these companies is the crazy charges they like to apply and the very high interest rates. These loans should have the option of being repaid over three months.

I know it can be very difficult to manage mone but coucil tax regulations could be less harsh. Haaving a bailiff on your doorstep tripling what you can't rather than won't pay is no help.

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the following letter to [email protected] and [email protected] and [email protected] of Wonga and managed to get a 12 month payment plan you may want to do the same but if so you will need to adjust and fill in the gaps were neccasary. all the best:-)

Dear Wonga

I am writing to give prior notification that my financial position has changed and will remain changed for the foreseeable future. I sincerely regret that I will be unable to pay my Wonga loan in full on the agreed repayment date.

As I have given prior notice I am requesting that Wonga do not apply any unreasonable charges. I also request that you do not add any further interest other than the ....... of interest already applied from-to (1 months interest only). To make myself very clear, it would be both unreasonable and excessive if Wonga found it necessary to add further charges and interest after the loan repayment due date and such conduct may go against Wonga further down the line.

I therefore propose that the outstanding loan amount inclusive of interest incurred from to be paid over a period of 12 months. This will involve 12 monthly payments of £££££. I will initiate to make these payments once you assure me in writing or by email that:

1) Wonga accepts my payment plan offer.

2) Wonga promises to refrain from adding any charges or further interest in accordance with above.

3) Wonga gives me their bank details for which I will deposit the above monthly payments.

To be clear, I am in no way refusing my obligation to repay the said loan plus said interest. Therefore, I sincerely hope Wonga can sympathise with my current situation and in doing so find my repayment schedule reasonable. Finally, I request that Wonga keep all contact with me either by email or to my personal phone(s). My contact email is ...................., I will endeavourer to respond and if I am unavailable please leave a message and I will respond ASAP. Please do not try to contact me at work as I am only allowed for this to occur in the event of an emergency and may result in disciplinary action from my employer.

I look forward to hearing from Wonga soon.

A massive, massive thankyou to tomtom013.

I have a PDL with Wonga and after athe loss of my job a couple of weeks ago there was no way I was going to be able to make the repayment of £350 on the due date. In attempt to get the situation sorted, I emailed their customer service address explaining my change in circumstances and my hope of setting up a payment plan, freezing intrest etc. I recieved a standard email back from them asking me to give them a call. I phoned them and was told that the only way to set up a payment plan was to let the payment fail on the due date and then phone them back (this would obviously incur more charges).

As this is what I was told by their customer service representative I left it there and intended to follow her adivce. However, having seen tomtom013's letter he sent Wonga and the email addresses he sent it to late last night, I thought it was worth a try. I copied the format of the letter and sent it of the the addresses he used and by 9 this morning I had an emai from Wonga agreeing to a payment plan of £50ish per month for 6 months (which is what I asked for), their account details and agreed to freeze all intrest and further charges.

So thankyou tomtom013 I am so grateful for your help. I realise that a debt of £350 isnt masive to some but in my circumstances it was huge and the thought of missing payment dates and intrest and charges being added and seeing that figure spiral out of control has been a cause for serious worry in recent weeks.

thanks tomtom I have just copied and pasted basically your letter and added some and got a reply from the collections manager saying they accept my repayment plan over 9 months not 12.

funny how they change there minds when you copy in there bosses! ahh