Lloyds - Success and Overdraft!

rachelandgromit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Been reading recent posts with interest, and envy!

Just about to start the procedure for claiming £1500ish in charges, after just receiving my statements within the deadline.

Are Lloyds still holding up until last minute. The thought of getting Court Dates and such is a bit daunting, although I knew it was never going to be easy.

I'm a little worried as I'm due to sign for a house in a matter of weeks. After a payout from my ex after we split and he took on the house, my account is alot in credit, however when I put down my deposit on the house, I will probably use £3k of my £4500 overdraft limit. I estimate this will be cleared by Christmas, however can Lloyds withdraw my overdraft or close my account.

Needless to say, because I have a bit of money in my account at the moment, I am bombed with junk mail from them offering me loans and credit cards which I've refused!

Thanks,

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Lloyds are quite a nasty lot, and they do sometimes call in overdrafts and/or close accounts. Its not that common, but I've seen a couple of cases recently where they have. In doing so though, they are breaching the terms of the banking code and also the data protection act, so there are steps you can take to prevent them doing this should it ever prove nesissary.

They are still stalling untill the last minute, yes, but please don't let that alone put you off. Thats exactly what they want and its important to remember that Lloyds have not defended 1 single claim in court. Its YOUR money remember, ands the law is on your side.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi,

If they are sending you junk mail about loans and such like you must be in their good books, I think they only close accounts on people who have been in recent difficulties then they say its because you have not kept your account in order. I think you will be ok, just stick to your guns and remember its YOUR MONEY!

Good luck

viv16