Crisis Loan number not working

no1mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm on long term ESA due to Lupus & mobility problems.I have a 4 year old son.

This week a council tax bailiff came & took £100 towards my debt. As I only get £91 a week to support my son & I this has left me with no money for this week.

I have been trying to call the Crisis Loan number since 9 this morning but there is a message saying they are unable to answer the call & it disconnects. I have tried ringing the budgeting loan number, the jobcentre plus number, the benefits enquiry line number, my CAB & every other number I can find. I have been told that I cannot get a crisis loan unless I ring them, but there is still no answer.

I am getting very worried now as it's the weekend & I literally have no money to feed my son or to buy a calor gas bottle for our fire. There seems to be nobody that can help.

Does anybody know what I can do to get in touch with somebody who could help in some way. I'm starting to panic now.

Crisis Loans are a nightmare to get through to. The Social work department might be able to help.They have emergency funds for situations like this where a child in concerned. I'd also ecourage you to look at your benefit entitlement.The £91.80 ESA per week is to support you, but you should be getting more than that - child benefit (£20.30 per week) and child tax credit (approx £60 per week) to support your son. You need to apply for these benefits, and secure child support from his other parent if that is possible. Are you also receiving housing benefit and council tax benefit?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-Bailiffs-and-High-Court-Enforcement-Officers

can you please use this link start a thread in the bailiff section and we will see if we can help you with the bailiffs

as you are unemployed you may be classed as vulnerable it would also be advisable to check your bailiff is charging the correct fees as most bailiffs don't