Reached the Point Where I Cannot Go on Shoring things up......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baz 1986,

Can i ask how you got a company to accept 35% F+F?

Hi Baz, i have no idea how this happened. i simply asked what they would accept as a final settlemet...she said "hang on i'll work it out" then came back with this wonderful figure!! i knew from info on this site that this has been done before...even so I'm sooo happpy!

Well done in doing your own DMP!! 8-). i think i may do this myself too...I'm feeling inspired today. i will read up on what you have done , and see if i think i can handle it.

thanks!

x

Yeah i bet you nearly fell of your chair? Was the debt an old one and was you paying anything towards the debt? Yeah doing your own DMP is going to be hard work but it has given me something to focus on and be really productive with, A simple folder and a section for each creditor and a pile of envelopes and stamps is all i need to keep on top of it!! I know the companies like you to use companies like CCCS etc but i like the fact i can manage it all myself!! So have you accepted the F+F from the company yet? If not i wouldnt accept unless they out it as Settled to help your credit file?

Hi Tingy, thanks for that! I will check in here more often …me thinks!

The lady did say that this would be the end of it, and that as soon as we agreed an amount and date of payment she would then put it all in writing…which would then be binding. If we then failed to keep to this agreement…immediate default.

My hubby thinks that they should accept even less, due to our other debts being quite substantial too …I don’t know what planet he is on.

Do you think this is a possibility? If you do then I think I will try push it even more??!!!

Thank!

Yeah 35% of the debt seems to be a good deal, Its up to you like Tingy said i havent had any dealings with this kind of offer, But hopefully will have this for my debts in the future so i can be debt free quicker. But i cannot imagine them just cutting the whole deal if you asked for a lower settlement. I think you should both sleep on it and make the decision in the morning over a night bit of brekkie!!

Good luck in whatever you decide

• 2 weeks later...

Ok….checked both current accounts this morning. Withdrew money from one account to put in my NEW (other bank account)

When I checked my account just now, I am £78 over my overdraught. They applied Overdraught interest AND overdraught monthly charge. PLUS TWO bounced DD charges (fair enough on that one…my fault I should of cancelled the DD.

THEN the same bank , but a cc account rang and asked me for a payment I thought at this point all was still OK with my account…I gave them a payment. This was on second account which is now in a similar situation as the first one.

It was after this that I checked my bank accounts…EEEEK!! :|

What a mess I’m getting into! Does anyone think I have a ‘cat in hell’s chance of getting these charges reversed on the basis that they took the charges on a SATURDAY afternoon, when the banks are CLOSED so I cannot rectify the situation.??

Oh dear…maybe it’s time to hand everything over to the CAB :?:

Thanks for listening/reading/ any comments! :-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?294924-Abbey-Santander-Changing-Overdraft-Charges

Just found the above thread...obviously Santander thought carefully about when to start the new charges...ON A SATURDAY. WHEN PEOPLE CANNOT RECTIFY IN TIME TO AVOID EVEN FURTHER CHARGES BEING APPLIED. NICE ONE!

Give them a phone and ask them to refund them, you never know, if you've not had refunds before they might consider it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

maroondevo52

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried this a couple of months ago ….and they did not charge me. (similar situation where the account looks fine on the web, but next morning it’s bank charges) They said that they can only do it once a year. So I am not hopeful.

Does anyone know if I put my financial matters in the hands of the CAB…will they give me more time/allowances to get financially sorted? I am finding everything so very difficult to keep on top of. My husband leaving our family last year …just does not help….:sad::violin:

Well Baz…it’s a bit weird really. I conveyed all that I had negotiated with my /our debtor, to my husband (of whom I am presently separated from…read history if you have a minute/inclination/but don’t have too…LOL?) He is the one with the purse strings at the moment. He says he wants to put the money where it should go…but all has gone quiet with him. I am just worried that he won’t grab this chance to clear a considerable amount off out debts…it would help clear a third of it. Just waiting right now………..EEeek!

Did not know about the 60day...that's good!

Hi,

Sorry to hear things are not going too well for you at the moment, I know how you feel, another Mod sequenci has a good blog, if you click on his profile I've linked, have a read...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?21294-sequenci

I'm also with Santander and they refunded some of my charges last week but that was the first time I've asked for any back from them, I also asked for a small overdraft which they knocked me back for, they seem to be very happy to take charges from me everymonth but can't give me an overdraft, nice people !!!

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Scooby will read your blog now, TBH with you i think a full and final settlement if they have offered you one will not be the one and only, i think they are clever with when they offer it and i think some companys will always listen to offers you have, for example i sent 6 full and finals and only 2 accepted but i will again send the other 4 every 3 months the same standard letter each time offering a bit less, keep paying them on time as agreed and you have a better chance. The 60 day thing came from a post i read some one said 60 days and when they asked how long i will need i just said 60 days so that was that, had the confirmation letters today explaining the process but i am battling for a settled on these accounts..

Tingy got to be saving money especially with the postage going up :) Yeah i only owe them £489 but i can see this going up to the £700+ with what i have read about capital one

but they must also remove any DEFAULT markers or late paYMENT etc or else its not worth wasting the money

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that DX100....You say MUST remove...would this be something they would likely do if I requested it? How far can one go demanding it?

Very useful DX as it would be great to get any defaults/late payments removed.

Thanks!

Hey scooby i am in the same process now i have be offered a F+F awaiting written confirmation then i have 60 days to confirm the agreed settlement, i am going to use these days to negotiate a 'settled' agreement, looking at the posts i dont think anyone has to as at the end of the day we haven't paid them the full amount we owe, but we can try, we can nag and no doubt we can use the advice given to us by fellow caggers!!

Good luck keep us posted and i will let you know if i get any luck my way

Thanks for that DX100....You say MUST remove...would this be something they would likely do if I requested it? How far can one go demanding it?

Very useful DX as it would be great to get any defaults/late payments removed.

Thanks!

its a must for you.

there would no point in paying anything F&F as a default 'marker' is as bad as a CCJ to a future creditor as it will show in the 'settled' debts history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Scooby

You need to research F & F, to make sure a F & F is final, there are no loose ends, and they don't chase for the balance later.

Using a Third Party cheque is a must. Also the wording of the letter accompanying the cheque is important.

Theres some info in my signature (7). There are other threads too.

Hi DX100, I think I remember they lady saying that they would mark the credit file as 'satisfied' Must check this one out to be sure.

Thanks!

Scooby - this doesn't tally with your first post where you clearly state it would be partially settled. There is a huge difference, so you need to find out for sure and have it in writing before we can really advise you properly.

Hi Tingy

'Partially Settled' which is what the Creditor will put on the Credit Reference File', although a F & F payment will be made to the creditor.

Scooby - this doesn't tally with your first post where you clearly state it would be partially settled. There is a huge difference, so you need to find out for sure and have it in writing before we can really advise you properly.