• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

excessive fees - Equita Bailiff OH's 2 PCN's from 2006

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please note this is a bit of a read.

Have an issue with Equita Bailiffs.

I have an account with Equita actually a couple of accounts but this involves just one.

Account that i have here are the details.

Equita sent me a letter dated the 16/10/2006.

My proposed arrangement of £28.07 every 30 days is acceptable until £224.56 is settled.

I paid the the accepted amount on the 30/10/2006 over the phone.

On the 30/11/2006 i called Equita and asked if i could make a payment by credit card over the phone. They advised me that there is a card charge. No way was i going to pay them any more money in charges.

So i said that i would sent a cheque to them. This was ok. They cashed the cheque on the 7th December. This cheque cleared the balance of the account.

Suddenly after accepting that all was well with the account and that it was closed i get this letter.

16/01/2007

"

REMOVAL NOTICE

A warrant issued by the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton County Court still remains outstanding despite applications for payment.

I have therefore arranged for my recovery team to visit your home to remove your vehicle ******.(reg plate number) Your vehicle will then be removed and impounded for sale at auction. You will incur further considerable expense, the costs of which will be added to your debt.

Should you no longer be in possesion of the vehicle, we will remove household items from your home for sale at Public Auction to settle the outstanding Distress Warrant.

To avoid this distressing course of action you must pay the £310.18 outstanding by return or contact my office to make suitable arrangements to pay before my bailiff team calls. In the absence of any contact from you we will visit your home without further notice."

Exact copy of letter including the bold bits.

I called Equita on numerous occasions after receiving this, was hung up on numerous times, spoken to rudely by staff and constantely asked if i can pay the outstanding amount.

I asked them where the charges came from and they said that a bailiff have come round to my house on the 30/11/2006. That is my final day to pay the accepted arrangement that i had in place.

So i have an arrangement yet they come round and try and charge extra.

They then said that a bailiff had also come round afterwards to collect payment and left a calling card.

This i find very hard that no one was in. There is a business that runs from my address and i know that there is always someone present at the property. Actually there is probably at least 3 people on the property at any one time. Surely one of them would have seen this ghost of a bailiff appear.

Finally i get hold of one helpful person who advised me to contact Karen Fowler.

I sent a letter to Karen Fowler advising her of this situation and asking her for details of the outstanding amount and how they have come up with the figure of £310.18.

Numerous points made like cheque cashed 7th December, that the bailiffs didnt attend.

Sent this letter recorded post on the 26/01/2007.

Called up Equita today at 13.26 spoke to an advisor called Craig who advised me account was closed.

No apology nothing.

After all that i want to send Equita a strong message of complaint. I am not too sure what i can say, who i can write to apart from Equita.

Please advise.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Banking ombudsman? Do they deal with these companies? Okay that was more a question than an answer, sorry!

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon :D

A+L - £950 settled in full.

Bank of Scotland - MCOL filed 9 Jan for £1500

Bank of Scotland (for parents) - £5000 settled in full October 06

Bank of Scotland (mum's account) £1900 settled in full November 06

Intelligent Finance: DPA non compliance sent 26 Jan

They had not written it off they said that the account was closed as payment had been received.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

• 2 years later...

A couple of debts have gone to baliffs and if I remember correctly they seemed to be a bit high. eg Didnt actually call at house but charged etc

Is there a certain time limit like charges from banks that I can recover the charges?

If so how long must they keep info on the debt on file. Where would my first step be in finding out what was actually levied on my account?

Thnaks

Edited by king100
Can type english and its my native tongue

i think we need more info first

what were the cases ctax, parking fines, speeding?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

A post from moneysavingexpert

CIS

post_old.gif Today, 6:19 PM spammed_large.gif Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

4_star.gif

Thanked 2,797 Times in 2,059 Posts

icon1.gif

Quote:

You can do that but council tax is not specific to a person it is liable for the household so selling to other half is not going to make a difference. End Quote

Thats incorrect . The council tax charge is calculated based on the entire household but only the liable parties are responsible for the council tax due. This will include a resident partner only if the council have summonsed them to court and a liability was granted in their name otherwise they are not responsible for the council tax charge.

I work in Council Tax Recovery however my views are my own reading of the law and you should always check with the local authority in question.

LOL

Can only assume Gateshead he works for Newcastle council.

Quote from his own website

Who is liable for Council Tax

Only people aged 18 or over can be liable for Council Tax. Some people are exempt.

Couples, and people who share property as joint owners or tenants are jointly liable for Council Tax. Usually the bill is the name of one person who is responsible for ensuring it is paid. The bill should show the names of all the people in the property who are liable. The council can pursue any or all of these people if the Council Tax is not paid.

Sometimes the owner of a house will be responsible for the bill even if they do not live there. This applies to homes which are classed as those in ‘multiple occupation’, e.g. bedsits. If you are not sure who is responsible for the bill, contact the Council Tax section.

No wonder they have no idea when it comes to bailiffs

So your not liable if your name is not on the bill, but your name can be put on the bill if the council take you to court.

Someone who works for Council Tax Recovery Department, doesnt believe that everyone in the household who is over 18 are liable for council tax, wish you would read the post!!!

• 3 months later...

I have decided to go after Equita Bailiffs as my partner had 2 parking tickets that they collected.

Both being back in 2006, I feel that their fees are too much.

Looking for a SAR letter, which I cannot seem to find to send them to so I can get a breakdown of their fees before I go in guns blazing.

I know for a fact that they didnt visit the property as we used to live in Croydon and the car was registered in Suffolk. No levy no visit fees just letters.

They had sent my partner a few letters, one I know how much she paid in total, but the other I cannot work out as there are too many scribbles on it.

Can anyone point me in right direction to find this letter?

Hi King

I don't think you need to send them a SAR Request. SAR are generally sent to companies etc, for info / data they hold on you. I think a letter requesting their fee structure will suffice and you save the £10 SAR Fee.

Info on DATA protection.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/tools_and_resources/document_library.aspx

I know what one total cost was but have no idea how much she paid for the other parking ticket. Thus I do not know if they overcharged for the 2nd.

I believe that they did overcharge for 1st one so logic says that they overcharged for the 2nd.

Can anyone point me in right direction to find this letter?

Something like this will do:

Dear Sir

[DATE]

Re: Case Ref:

Please send me a breakdown of your fees you have applied within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Please note: Nothing in this letter is asking you to disclose any personal data about me as described in the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours Sincerely

Professional property investor and conveyancer

What address should I send it to, I have Erith address and a northampton one.

Road Traffic (parking penalties)

Fees

For preparing and sending a letter advising the client that a warrant is with bailiff and requesting the sum due £10

For levying distress where the sum due is not more than £100 £25

For levying distress where the sum due is more than £100 25% on the first £200 and 5% on any sum over £200.

For attending to levy distress but where no levy is made Reasonable costs, but not more than the fees that could be charged if a levy were made.

The fee for sending a letter to the debtor can be charged only if the letter is sent before a first visit is made.

Bailiffs are allowed to charge the fees for a maximum of three visits only.

Charges

Walking possession 50p each day for the first 14 days and 5p a day after that.

Valuation Reasonable fees, charges and expenses of the broker.

Removing goods or attending to remove goods where no goods are removed Reasonable costs and charges.

Sale of goods 15% of the proceeds of sale if the sale is held on auctioneer's premises to cover the auctioneers commission and out-of-pocket expenses, plus the reasonable cost of advertising, removal and storage.

Are these fees still valid back in 2006?

• dx100uk changed the title to excessive fees - Equita Bailiff OH's 2 PCN's from 2006