Defects on M&S Furniture

doggiebag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend purchased a small oak bookshelf from M&S which was £350.00 it was delivered before christmas, the delivery people were late despite M&S phoning saying that they would be there at a specific time, my friend signed for the delivery. He did not inspected the bookshelf very closely and left home for 10 days to visit a sick relative.

When he returned he looked the bookshelf and saw unsightly marks the front of the top shelf and one of the side panels had making on other side of which was not on the other side. He phoned M&S immedately and after a lengtly concerdation with manager at store where it was purchased they said that they would have to send some one out to inspect the item and they would be in contact.

Yesterday a person called from M&S to make the inspections he took photos and said that my friend was lucky to have these marking as if he went into an antique shop he would have to pay a premium for these unsightly markings. My friend said that the bookself was only just purcahsed and not a 100years old.

This person from M&S also made a report which my friend would sign as it said that it was not a defect. He also told my friend that in the M&S store all bookshelf furniture are like whcih of course it not correct as my friend went to the store to check them out no marks whatsoever.

Is there anything my friend can do about these marks on the item he purchased and can he insits that the take it back or replace it with another one without these markings on it.:mad2:

Hi doggie

Your friend can do Chargeback, if purchased by Credit Card :-http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

or

Get a refund under SOGA, there are templates there, he shouldn't have signed the paperwork, however it doesn't matter :-

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/furniture/

Send any letters Recorded.

Thanks for links, I will called in to see them next week. I just foud a website called the reviewcentre and I wish I had seen it before I went to M&S store for furniture. There are many very unhappy customers of M&S. I will never ever buy furniture from M&S again. I think I am going to have an uphil struggle with them from now on, which I would never envisage having to do with M&S furniture as I was under the impression that they had a good after sale service. HOW WRONG WAS I.......

M&S will charge you £100 if an order that has been placed with them and the order is cancelled.

The furniture that M&S sends to customers is not the same or in good condition that they display in store floor.

M&S T&C tha tehy give you after you have paid says that an outside organisation will deal with any dispute and the customer will need to go through their outside organisation and not with M&S that has taken your money.

M&S will not go against the outside organisation instructions regardless how rubbish they say in their report. M&S has your money and they will not let you have it back. .....beware M&S trades on their name, not on the rubbish they sell to customers. :evil:

Edited by DJ2010