Dreading the next 3 weeks

Elliebes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4867 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, its all to create a climate of fear every time you go into the Job Centre. You become so afraid you will take any job just to escape the bullying.

This suits the Claim Advisor as it looks on paper as if they are doing their job.

But like a volcano it can only hold so much pressure before it erupts. People can only be pushed so far.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the doctor and told all...she said I needed a breather from this job seeking business because Im suffering from severe stress and anxiety and has signed me off for 2 weeks.She said relax and take some time out and come back. She made an appointment for 1st Feb when she will review me again...The reason why Im getting the treatment I am is that I look like Im capable of working. Im not sure what Im supposed to do now do I got down to the job centre and take the doctors note? What do I do?

Saw the doctor and told all...she said I needed a breather from this job seeking business because Im suffering from severe stress and anxiety and has signed me off for 2 weeks.She said relax and take some time out and come back. She made an appointment for 1st Feb when she will review me again...The reason why Im getting the treatment I am is that I look like Im capable of working. Im not sure what Im supposed to do now do I got down to the job centre and take the doctors note? What do I do?

2 weeks isn't much of a break from the pressure. Do you only get stressed when you go to the Job Centre, or in other situations as well?

The stress has built up since I came back from Istanbul but then again Ive been relentlessly beaten over the head by the job centre for the last six months.....not normally stressed in all situations only the job centre situation.

the doctor can sign you off,she suggested that with me however what goes around comes around after thirteen weeks it means employment support allowance and atos to describe this process as a planned exercise is an understatement the disability adviser at the job centre said that its reported like that and suggested signing off,however the reality is the claim is broken and a full circle back to the job centre occurs,people with these problems are going to have immense problems finding work,and there is the possibility of discrimination not to mention the difficulties of balancing work with health,the slightest whiff of mental illness can and often does bring on the above and often the sack.

companies that often advertise in the job centre generally are of poor quality,poorly run have internal staff problems bullying problems are common too,many of these fail at some point also.the better quality environment is internal recruitment and the who you know applies often in that case they are also more likely to stand by valued staff in times of illness such as depression,those in the job centre do not fall in this category and will just sack at the drop of a hat,

to be honest a jobs a job and income however the above often have poor wages to match the rest of the organisation.the job centre have never been far from controversy,their subcontractors that run programs on their behalf are equally as bad at taxpayers expence,one complaint is that they were telling people,people from poland have a better work ethic how someone could continue to demoralise people sent to them is beyond belief,it became a fashion in some circles to recruit from abroad,the job centre have been caught out here in the past too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1222187/Jobcentre-ad-demanding-Polish-speaking-staff-investigated-unemployed-workers-anger.html

the whole esa issue is a complete scandal,people being told they are better off in work when they felt the only thing they were fit for was to drop,what was minorly overlooked there was no work for those that have recently lost their jobs' let alone the ignored problems of those that were even able to work and the best willing of the support that would be necessary to return to work,let alone overcoming the difficulties of finding any suitable employment.none of this has come to fruition only thrown into an arena of aggression and contempt.the nhs and the gp surgery are the places that have to pick up the pieces of this political scoring headline exercise,the aftermath is often considered the worst period and this is certainly the case here.

Ive just received the first of my two Tribunals papers so its shouldnt be to long one is the two habitual residency tests I was given and the other is an accusation that I didnt sign on when I did.

If Im ok with this new job centre tomorrow although there is no reason why I shouldnt be able to sign on there as its my choice to travel to it.

For what its worth I will be putting in a written complaint to the old job centre using their complaints system with dates and actions by them to let them know that it has not gone unnoticed by one or two other organisations that I have been 'singled out' by them to give me a hard time every time I sign on. I will ask them to justify a personal advisor and a three quarter of an hour wait every time I go to sign on and why Im being sent to see a PA when Ive not been informed Im seeing one..Im just 'SPRUNG' when I attend. I will ask them to justify 5 PAs in one month. .It says in that leaflet that nobody will be 'singled out' if they make a complaint...well I certainly have and all my friends think I certainly have and all the organisations Ive been in touch with think I certainly have and I will let them also know that this treatment has now set me back and seriously affected my ability to look for work...in that Ive had to go and see my doctor for chronic stress and anxiety...to see what kind of reply I get back...if Im not satisfied I will take it further.....

Ever since Ive come back to the UK all I have done is fight the system ...my whole existence since I arrived has been a battle........every day every week there's a envelope through my door either from the crisis loan or the job centre containing something I have to deal with....earlier last year I was all for getting work now I feel Im unable to work because my levels of anxiety have risen......

Edited by Elliebes
spelling mistake

all the best.

its important to realise your not the only one,recently those that appear the hardest to help have health problems and the longest unemployed do seem to targeted for "treatment",however its also important to know when the heat is turned up against them they are extreamly quick to back down and they dont like people who "kick up a stink",this may why the most vulnerable are being targeted as they are least likely to defend themselves'.you are doing the right thing to appeal the citizens advice told me once "always appeal" and then went on "they are not keen on appeals",best thing is take one thing at a time and overcome it as necessary,however i have been ill in there several times' myself.

thanks for your support I will let you know the outcome but Im going to blast them and blame them.....actually your right about they dont like a 'stink' because when I pointed out to a PA last time I saw one that I was suffering from extreme anxiety and felt like vomiting everytime I come to sign on she was clearly taken aback and said oh we dont want to be the cause of youre mental illness....thats when she suggested I go to another JC and went to see my doc about ESA...

Im absolutely astonished at the difference in this new job centre................as soon as I walked in the atmosphere was not one of aggression and nastiness but very nice and pleasant. I have had my claim transferred with no problems whatsoever. Ive had my actions reduced to x2x2x2 instead of x3x3x3....even the girl commented that x3 was very harsh. I have one personal advisor that works with me throughout until I get a job. She was very nice and I have renewed vigour to look for a job and the anxiety has abated.....a change is as good as a rest!

Ok I still have to go through the motions but Im not full of fear anxiety stress and depression at the though of signing on at the hands of the old job centre but I intend putting a stinking complaint in to the old one and asking them how they justified my treatment? Why was I assigned all those PAs etc etc etc youve read it on the thread. Ive decided to stick with JSA for now.

My new PA came up with lots of useful information that the other place didnt give me and also she showed me her marking off my actions on computer which the other JC didnt do. The old JC never looked at any of my job logs or asked me who Id applied to and so where not marking me as having done anything on computer. So basically I would keep showing up as having done nothing which left me wide open to being sanctioned. I feel supported now I am dealing with one person and not a several headed monster threatening to eat me every time I go there if I have done this or that or just because it feels like it on the day!

i dont think these vouchers are available in all areas yet,they have caused some controversy and its doubtful if many would want people arriving like here at their doors'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12023054

its a deeply controversial issue and potentially embarrassing for many,its difficult to see these as sustainable as the contents are useless if the means to cook them are disconnected if in arrears,companies are quick to send disconnection notices these days in around twenty eight days,southern electric send these out even though they provide payment cards' to spread the cost,ebico use this company and many have signed up to find a greedy company sending disconnection notices and in many cases the amount is cleared before the next bill anyway.

not looking good is it? Back to the soup kitchens! :-(

Thank the heavens for that :whoo:

You do know that the only reason that food vouchers were stopped was because.....

Yes you've guessed it Gordon said that the DWP were so efficient that nobody

ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever...

would need them as all the feckless lazy scroungers with severe worklessness all get their claims sorted with in 9 days. :lol:

Personally find a Hare Krishna temple if you can as their free food is lush :-)

not looking good is it? Back to the soup kitchens! :-(

if someones on a key or card meter and credit has run out,the "offer" of a voucher is useless they wont be able to use any of it.

they might as well issue vouchers for a burger bar at least that would be edible.

crisis loans should cover exactly this eventuality and there is no excuse under these circumstances why these payments should not be granted,the media have stepped in and again with "sensational" headlines of job centre cash points' and scandal.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/202766/-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers-227m-scandal-over-loans-to-scroungers-funded-by-taxpayers

anyone who sidles up to this needs to remember in todays climate you could be next to need one.when your hungry views soon get left behind.

Of course that crossed my mind how the are you supposed to cook this stuff if you're got no money to pay for gas and elec and you use a card meter? Why are the British allowing this government to push through these measures? If this was another country they would be out on the streets protesting and really giving the Gov a hard time.....I bet a black market will develop around these food vouchers too....what a total disgrace in this modern day and age to have queues of hungry people waiting for food handouts what the hell is going on here?

When did this start?

Its always been every 2 weeks for me when I was signing on.

Is it just for towns with low unemployment or everyone?

it's been this way for a long time now and it applies to everyone. You have to attend at your own expense or your benefit is stopped, the usual threats.

personally i have long taken the view that people who suffer from stress and anxiety should not be in there,its just not suitable or reasonably to expect someone to attend these establishments'.there appears to be a complete lack of awareness,no one except the disability adviser has a clue how to handle situations of peoples health problems',the environment is feels very hostile and threatening,i have been ill in there many times even walking to the place you just don't know whats going to happen next,some of this may be due to the illness but the majority is down to the intimidation.

these situations are called triggers',this can bring about (trigger) severe mental illness as with the case with anxiety depression is often lurking behind.

I couldn't agree more. I will have to be attending the jobcentre in short order as my esa has been stopped. I'm absolutely dreading it. I loathe the place. It's not so much the actual appointment, it's the other stuff: being made to wait, having to traipse in on the bus, the general runaround. There are two jobcentres equally far from me (each is a bus journy away). I choose one because it's marginally less stressful than the other but there are fewer buses there. Consequently they don't care to make appointments that I can keep without an awful lot of hassle, such as standing around for an hour in the cold in the morning with nowhere to go because nowhere is open. Either that or they compel me to attend the other jobcentre which is easier to get to (same distance though), but a hell of a lot more unpleasant and much rougher. Not that they care.

I had a similar experience some years ago, stupid job centre person said 'well, you have applied for more jobs than needed so why haven't you had an interview?' ..

Exactly right. Whatever you do, they twist it around. You can apply for 100 jobs a week and they'd find fault that you didn't apply for 101. When 200 odd peopel are applying for even the smallest little job they never recognise the underlying problem and still persist in taking it out on you for being turned down as if you made no effort.

Im taking the attitude if Im fulfilling my side of the contract and doing x2 x2 x2 then there is nothing they can do about it. If they stop my benefits and there is no reason other than what they personally think I should be doing then I will just bang another Tribunal in. Or complaint in. They dont like Tribunals. Especially my old JC since its a pilot scheme and they are meeting their targets - yeah they are meeting their targets all right in the Tribunal Offices!

I got my papers through for my first Tribunal. My Advocate contacted me and said the Secretary of State has not send the correct paperwork out to him.....yawn whats new? its a wonder these idiots can find their way to the toilet on time....:lol:

My Tribunal was lodged in August of last year and its not due to be heard until July this year because there is a HUGE backlog of cases to be heard...I wonder why? :lol:.

They are supposed to treat you with respect as it says in the complaints booklet. They just make appointments and you have to go to them or you get your benefits stopped. I cancelled an appointment with my last JC three times. One the day before. Once on the phone and once in person and they still suspended my benefits and said I failed to turn up. :roll:

its always the same in there,the job search booklet when completed wont get looked at when signing,it gives the impression all this is about is sanctions rather then the realistic chance of securing any employment,yes that is correct that they are supposed to treat you with respect as in the "jobseekers charter" however as we all know or have witnessed this is not always so. nowhere in the jobseekers act mentions bad treatment and bullying or is it likely to.from whats been reported its certainly widespread and appears tolerated amongst managers' until the complaints start.

yes its all about looking for a sanction opportunity. If your job log is up to date and proof of job searching application and phone calls for their criteria then they have no grounds for any sanctions.

I know Im speculating here but it could possibly have been my old JC was trying to engineer a situation (with all the PAs they were referring me to every signing) hoping I would lose it and throw a wobbler so that I could be given a sanction because they couldnt get me on the job logs etc.....and lets face it thats all they had left but to do a little bit of bullying and harassment. :|

NOBODY should be shouted at over the desk in any way and if you are, put a complaint in.

So how to avoid a sanction:-

Complete their criteria and prove it(take your paperwork with you).

Never fail to turn up for an appointment that they make for you

Never Never make an appointment voluntarily unless your 100% sure youre going to turn up for it.

Be polite and respectful even if they are not(remember your being polite for your own dignity not for them)

Produce your job log. Show them it. Ask them do they want to look through it or even photocopy it? You will find they will not have the time and decline.

Produce evidence youre looking for work

Even if they mess you about and really annoy you do not rise to the bait they are just desk monkeys looking to sanction you.

Always be willing, look willing. and act willing to the point of brown nosing even if you are not interested or dont want to for whatever they suggest. Or make alternative suggestions to satisfy them.