vehicle operaters licence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the problem we have in our part of the street is we have very few spaces for the amount of houses ,one of the neighbours works for a courier company and has a massive van and i do mean massive takes up 2 + car spaces he does nt work long hours so usually plenty spaces when he gets home so he parks it any old way which can result in another one space been used up due to bad parking approaching is not an option as i know it will end in tears (his not mine LOL) i have phoned his area office who were polite but said not much they could do ..i have tried to read about vehicle operaters licence on the net but just cant find anything out about rules and regs about parking on the street anyone able to enlighten me thanks in advance !!!:!:

This may help;

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tpm/tmaportal/tmafeatures/tmapart6/secparkingfactsheets/parkingofcomvehicles

Also, if the vehicle is parked during the hours of darkness;

Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 1525 kg unladen weight, invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are

• at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow
  • in a recognised parking place or lay-by

Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights.

[Laws RVLR reg 24 & CUR reg 82(7)]

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Edited by sailor sam

The obvious solutions are for him to park a bit further away where parking is more freely available and walk home or get another job and why not if it means you are free to park outside your house regardless of when you get home. On a more serious note would you be making such a fuss if a neighbour you did get on with actually did have 2 cars rather than a van the size of 2 cars or is it just because its a van? I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who have neighbours with 2 or more cars per household and have trouble parking and don't feel the need to interfere in their lives or ration how much road they take up.