mpdollar gets UKCPS court claim!! - update - UKCPS LOST IN COURT!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dealing with through email :-D

Well that is bad news. I am sure it was against the rules too...

I hope we won't get into a situation like we saw on the RLP forum - where one member took it upon himself to privately contact members with advice. The result? No one else knows what to do and the outcomes of cases are not always clear.

I would encourage the admin team to call for such discussions to occur on the open forum.

Al27 is well known for putting in a sound defence for members when the situation has made it all the way to court. I have not heard any adverse comments coming back from people who have needed this serious help with court from Al27.

By calling for him to publish what is clearly a firm defence on an open forum where all the PPCs can read it also could mean it no longer remains successful in a court when the PPCs have had the opportunity to counter it.

Not sure who's side people who are calling for publication are on, ours or the PPCs!

Al27 is well known for putting in a sound defence for members when the situation has made it all the way to court. I have not heard any adverse comments coming back from people who have needed this serious help with court from Al27.

I appreciate anonymity is key in situations like this, I fully understand that. Our problem is that, as a forum, we are wanting to share ideas, methods and strategies en masse. That is, after all, the whole idea behind a discussion forum like CAG. Strength in numbers and all that. When we see more and more people looking to take discussions off forum how do we know that people are not touting for business or worse still, the creditor/PPC/claimant masquerading as someone offering help and assistance. I'm not saying for a minute that Al27 falls in to this category, far from it - and I appreciate their support of our users. We do need measures in place which can benefit the CAG usergroup as a whole. We often get scenarios where many folks follow a thread and would like to know what the outcome is, I guess we all need to think about ways to ensure that people get the most benefit from the forum. When bank charges was the main issue CAG was used for we had a fantastic community spirit. As the site has grown it has been difficult to keep things the same way, it's imperative that we try and keep the transparency as much as possible. It's appreciated some things are best kept away from the eyes of PPC's and the like and there are provisions available to ensure that can be the case.

By calling for him to publish what is clearly a firm defence on an open forum where all the PPCs can read it also could mean it no longer remains successful in a court when the PPCs have had the opportunity to counter it.

I appreciate that, a great deal. It's a tricky situation for sure. If everything is sorted off-forum is there much call for a parking forum at all? On the other-hand it's important not to let the PPC's know of new strategies and ideas - it's a vast quandary for sure.

Not sure who's side people who are calling for publication are on, ours or the PPCs!

We have a large membership with a wealth of learned, talented, clever thinkers and I hope it long continues. I'm just hoping that information and ideas can continue to be shared in such a way to benefit as many of our members as possible.

I can see it from both sides we would all like to know what the defence is but would hate to give a PPC the upper hand. Was not the Stephen Thomas case lost on something Perky produced from him on an open forum.

I am sure anything Al27 has used as a defence in the past will be well known by the PPC's now. So maybe he has a new tactic he wishes to keep under wraps until its used.

I just hope we can have as much information about what is going on in this and all other cases so we can all gain information. I also see the need to avoid back room dealings to protect all parties.

Obviously it's pretty unwise to discuss specific cases and aspects of defence on an open and public forum, but I think it's the original poster's responsibility to post updates in their thread. But we're limited to what we can post anyway - the other side's court bundle should be confidential and I doubt the court would look kindly on scans being posted in public.

I suggest particulars of the claim and a brief overview of circumstances are fine for people to chip in with ideas, but most people would be in the dark having to construct a defence through committee ideas.

As for outcomes, I like to post the results, but it's as much the responsibility of the OP as it is mine. Quite often people are so relieved it's all over they vanish after telling me the outcome. I've also got cases scattered across 3 forums.

But from a constructive POV, I'll just try to make more of an effort to keep people up to speed with ongoing cases.

Im going to keep a keen eye on this thread. Im currently helping a friend with a claim from a private company. Even after a request of evidence of the driver they have just replied with the same original template letter. Time for a cease and desist.

Good luck mpdollar!

This is the general rule.

Well, in that case, here's the last pm I sent the OP:

Hi OP (name deleted),

You're welcome.

I hope by now you're in touch with Al27, who'll b able 2 put u on the right track re. your defence. He will save u a load of time/trouble, & stress - if u r prone 2 that. He'll also guide u thru the process, so u don't need 2 worry about procedure @ this point. He'll take u thru it step by step, so relax - you're in good hands. He might even represent u in court if you don't feel confident about doing it y/self, as prev. mentioned.

At this stage, I wld strongly advise u neither 2 worry 2 much nor make 2 much of the defence that the identity of the driver has not been established. Your main defence will rest on contract law, as already itemised 4 u by Bernie the Bolt. Also, chk out my post #30 @ this thread: (link deleted).

Again, good luck, & keep us all posted re ur progress. We'll b watching with %, but as far as I'm concerned, your victory should b little more than a formality.

Beesnees

Please don't post any more txt spk. It's bad for my blood pressure. :-x

I know some of us is old you know.:sad: I know its for speed but it takes me longer to work out then reading the full words.:|

Had a text off my daughter the other day, I had to ring her to ask what see was on about.:!:

Please don't post any more txt spk. It's bad for my blood pressure. :-x

Well, thx (oops, sorry......thanks) for the feedback folks. I have asked in the past whether anybody was annoyed by this form of writing, and since nobody objected then, I continued using these abbreviations.

Now that I know it infuriates at least some of you, I shall desist with immediate effect. I hope, therefore, we are all happy now. Though I have to say, I would rather use this method of communicating than drop those grammatical/spelling clangers that some of you manage to drop within the space of one sentence!!!:razz:

those grammatical/spelling clangers that some of you manage to drop within the space of one sentence!!!:razz:

Would that include excessive use of exclamation marks?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Well, thx (oops, sorry......thanks) for the feedback folks. I have asked in the past whether anybody was annoyed by this form of writing, and since nobody objected then, I continued using these abbreviations.

Now that I know it infuriates at least some of you, I shall desist with immediate effect. I hope, therefore, we are all happy now. Though I have to say, I would rather use this method of communicating than drop those grammatical/spelling clangers that some of you manage to drop within the space of one sentence!!!:razz:

I'm sure you could carry on posting in whatever style you like, but you may not receive as many replies if those not in the first flush of youth don't understand what you're asking. Were the people who were happy with textspeak on this forum, out of interest?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Drives me berserk! Never been able to understand why abbreviate a word which only has two or three letters to start with, but then I'm just a pedant :lol:

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Sorry for not updating the forum for a while, Ive been bogged down with work recently :-(

However I will try and make a greater effort to update you guys on this case. Im not going to be one of those people who once the case has been resolved forget about the people who helped with the great advice.

A127 Is kindly helping me through private messaging, which is probably best as the claimant reads this forum.

I am currently awaiting a defence written by A127 , to write on the court papers so I can get an extension to 28 days.

Thanks again for all the support!!

...and redundant commas? :-)

We are in danger of hijacking the thread with grammatical amusements, so let's stay on-topic from now.

Whilst I agree with you that this has gone off topic, I think it's a tad unfair that you have called for a ban on further discussion immediately after making a groundless criticism of my post. Honour demands a right of reply, sir, does it not?

Redundant commas? Really? Care to put that opinion to the test via a friendly wager (say, £5.00), to be independently adjudicated by a mutually agreed expert?

Bernie_the Bolt: No, I would not include three consecutive exclamation marks in the same category. I would call that 'literary license' or a 'literary device', etc. There is a difference, and if you don't know what that difference is, by all means pm me and I'll be glad to enlighten you.

Honeybee13: Yep, they were.

I wonder, will I now be criticised for using 'yep' instead of the correct form?