Money Debits My Account For Standing Order or DD The Day before It's Due

BelstarBomb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bank with cahoot and have noticed over the last few months or so, that the day before a direct debit or standing order is due from my account, my balance is reduced by that amount.

It happened yesterday where a s/o was due out of my account today, yet my balance was reduced by the exact amount of the s/o yesterday.

Finally got a response back from them and they say it left my account today. Looked and the s/o details are showing for today yet the amount was debited from my account yesterday.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Bel

• 2 months later...

standard with banks, particularly at weekends. if you have two payments due on a sunday, one a so, the other a dd, the so will be paid on the friday and the dd should only be paid on the monday. however, the bank deduct the dd amount from your balance at the end of the friday, but it doesn't actually get paid til the monday.

A & L (Santander) did this with us also and of course you are not sure where the funds are and then there is a panic as you think you may not have enough money to pay DDs etc. We cancelled both out Cahoot and A & L accounts.

• 1 year later...

Just a quick question,

Whilst checking my banks T&C's over various other cock ups that I feel they have done, I read that they would write to me within 2 workings days if they do not honour payments due to insufficient funds etc.

My bank has not done this for about three years - all I get is a letter once a month or the other way I find out is by checking my account or the recipient sends me a letter to say that the payment has failed.

As they have failed to keep to their own T&C's, is there any recourse for me to go back to them and claim the charges back? We have a legal agreement - the CCA of which their T&C's form part of that agreement.

If they haven't kept to it, on that particular point would I have strong argument to ask for those charges to be refunded?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that?

many thanks,

Bel

Yes, I think that is a very reasonable point of view and that you should claim your charges back.

Which bank?

Be careful because once you try to claim charges, they will turn against you in a most vinictive way.

The banks are without honour.

Which bank?

Is this an unarranged overdraft they are adding charges to ?

Did you ask for an overdraft at all and been declined?

(If they can launder drug money for the Columbians and break sanctions by sending money to Iran, they are hardly bothered by some T&C breach).

Edited by Conniff

All banks become extremely nasty when challenged. They are bullies and they don't like anyone who tries to stand up to them

Hi Conniff,

The charges are because I was OD and payments were bounced. This was on an authorised OD. In some cases they charged £25 for bouncing a £3 Paypal payment.

My point is, if they are not keeping to the legal contract that we are both bound by, do I have a legal argument to reclaim the fees where they have not written to me within the timescale that their T&C's set out?

BankFodder - again, if they get vindictive, is there action that I can take??

Thanks Guys,

Bel