Egg

maddyrose1664
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My claim began at £120 but they sneakily refunded some of the charges leaving only £40. I think I have been defaulted but I'm not entirely sure. My finances are in a complete pickle at the moment. I had arranged to pay them £1 per month but now they've have recinded that agreement.

I could have paid it off in full with my Halifax winnings but after much contemplation decided not to and paid some others off instead. Wish I hadn't now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crashed and burned. I cocked up big style and have been advised to surrender in order to get my £1 repayment agreement back on track. Without that, I'm even more screwed.

Good luck to everyone else dealing with Egg and I hope you beat the b***ards.

Crashed and burned. I cocked up big style and have been advised to surrender in order to get my £1 repayment agreement back on track. Without that, I'm even more screwed.

Good luck to everyone else dealing with Egg and I hope you beat the b***ards.

HUH?!!

What happened Maddy? If you don't want it public please let me know via PM - I may be able to help...

HANG ON !!!

Tell us ALL what has happened?

I have also today received a bolt out of the blue from Humpty Dumpty....but I am not going to 'throw in the towel'.

You can't let the Rotten Egg, make you into a lovely delicious omelette (meaning - fried, folded or rolled) try to eat you up... but then spit you out.

Keep the Faith & Do NOT be BULLIED.

Love

angry cat

oh maddy rose, ive been following your thread and frankly i dont blame you for folding. it seems to me that this whole thing is like deal or no deal, ok so you may have folded one offer too soon but hey, its stressul and i think id be tempted to so the same (hope hsbc arent reading this:) )

i would love you to let us all know what exactly did happen so we can avoid it.

god. egg are tough arent they

It's my fault entirely. In April Egg agreed I could pay off my balance at £1 as I was seeking advice from the cccs. My first payment was due at the end of april and I forgot to pay until the end of June when that nasty solicitor from Egg mentioned it and said that the agreement was now void. I did make a payment of £100 as a gesture of goodwill but the damage had already been done. It looked as though I'd remembered to follow my claim through but not my payments - which is true. If it had got as far as court and I'm sure it would have, I would have lost and been forced to pay off my balance straight away and Eggs costs.

I'm bloody annoyed with myself for being such a scatterbrain but at least it was only £70 and not £5k like my halifax claim. I didn't want to fold but I left myself with no choice. The most horeendous thing of all was that I had to contact Egg and grovel to try and get the £1 per month agreement re-instated. Not sure if it has been yet.

Just got to put it down to experience I guess.

As for the rest of you, just cover your arses for gods sake. That solicitor is a nasty piece of work and will try and trip you up at any opportunity. If in doubt or you need advice pm the site owners and they will help but be warned they are v busy so get all your info together first. Good luck! Someone has to beat Egg!!

I would have lost and been forced to pay off my balance straight away and Eggs costs.

NO NO NO!! Good gracious!!

First - in Small Claims you NEVER have to pay the defendant's costs; all you lose if you lose the case is your £30 court fee.

Second - your debt to Egg is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from your claim for charges - the debt would not even be discussed in the court room if you got there - which you wouldn't.

Third - You would not necessarily have lost; in fact the claim would likely NEVER have reached court. Stick to your deadlines and don't let them bully you - which is essentially what this solicitor has done. If your LBA was unsuccessful then file your claim at court and take the snivelling little nasty man to court... he will PAY.

Fourth - if you have to pay your balance to Egg as a result of a court hearing, you would very likely havce to pay a VERY small amount per month. Maybe even less than the pound they tried to get from you before. It costs them more than a pound to administer and deal with your payment - so they'd be losing out...

I hear what you're saying but I have explained everything to BF and he said that I'd cocked it up and that there was nothing I could do. It wasn't just the charges but their counterclaim against me too.

I haven't been happy with my Egg claim since day one - it just didn't feel right. I'm no quitter but I know when I'm beat. I feel like I've let you all down now but I've won 2 of my 9 claims so I'm not too depressed. Don't any of you quit because of this. Just make sure you're well informed.

On one of my other posts, someone has just reminded me that on some insurance policies you can get free legal advice. Everyone should check their policies to see if it's included and get on the phone if you're unsure of where you stand legally.

Also, BF has done a defence to the Egg counterclaim for people to file.

ah, you havent let anyone down. that man sounds like a nasty piece of work, have they got no professional integrity? although your claim probably would have been successful you've got other debts to them to consider as well as their counterclaim.... noone could blame you for being intimidated, and everyone has made mistakes financially or we wouldnt be claiming back these charges in the first place :)

i can see egg and a&l are turning out to be the big bad wolf figures because they are quite hardcore with their claims,so im sure someone will benefit form your experience

good luck with your other claims

Fair enough hon - I didn't know you'd spoken to BF. ***hugs*** well I hope you get on OK with your Halifax claim - it's a little bigger!

I've already won my Halifax Claim! They paid up at the end of May but the dosh has already gone. I was so behind with nursery fees and mortgage payments. Shame there wasn't enough to buy a holiday!

Still, I've just had some fantastic news. My house has been on the market since last August. Having to sell because of all the debt (and thanks to having a toddler the house is being over-run with brightly coloured plastic toys - need something bigger)! Someone has made an offer today - HOOOOOOOOOORAAAAYYYY!!!!!!

Got someone else viewing tomorrow who is apparently going to put an offer in as well but either way it's sold. Now I can pay everything off and try not to get into debt again. Hmmmm I feel a lavishly luxious holiday coming on - paid for in cash, of course!!

Thanks to you all for your support and I hope your claims go well. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress.

Well done Maddy :)

Do you know where the Egg defence to counterclaim is? I'd be interested in looking at it, even though it's too late for my purposes...

I'm not sure that it's been posted yet. BF said he had only just done it.

Sorry you had to quit Maddy and really Best Of Luck with all your other claims.

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• 4 weeks later...

Johnni2bad -- the proposed defence to Egg's counterclaim

Would you agree this is a golden opportunity to turn the stone over and look at the worms wriggling underneath? Egg says the punitive charges are justified by staff time, and where automated by IT costs. However there are economies of scale. The costs in levying one million punitive charges are not one million times the cost of levying one single punitive charge.

To verify such economies of scale, the defence to the counterclaim has legitimate grounds for requesting Egg Card stats -- how many punitive charges levied per year, a million? A million times £20 would make £20 million, probably more than the IT budget for running the entire Egg card operation. Egg and other financial vultures dare not let the public pore over their secret affairs.

I shall be lodging my Egg Card claim soon. If they want to try the same on me I shall make them wish they hadn't.

I'm getting really violent thoughts reading this, bully boy tactics do not go down well in my book

Rignt I am behind with my payments with EGG through a DCA. I think I'm gonna re-instate them cia direct debit starting on the 01/09........Buy the time this goes to court or gets that far I will have been making regular payments, at least two on time.

@maddy - I'm really sorry you had to give up, but at the end of the day you took on a aggressive organisation all on your own (of course not fogetting the help of CAG and BF), for for that in itself you have to give yourself a pat on the back. Bit of luck it was only £30 pounds.

Egg make HSBC seem like red cross workers......

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

:) - a HUGE ;) thanks to CAG.

22/08 DPA to Capital One Sent recorded delivery

22/08 DPA to RBS Advanta Sent recorded delivery

ALWAYS USE RECORDED DELIVERY

sorry £70

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

:) - a HUGE ;) thanks to CAG.

22/08 DPA to Capital One Sent recorded delivery

22/08 DPA to RBS Advanta Sent recorded delivery

ALWAYS USE RECORDED DELIVERY

Egg is obviously spoiling for a fight.

Flushed with their success (how on earth??) in manipulating the OFT into revising the £12 figure upwards to £16 just for Egg, now the clever monkeys think they have everybody licked.

In my past contact with Egg Card I have found them to be overbearing, self-righteous bloodsuckers. Now, how to teach them a lesson, maybe put them out of business?

I suspect the key to flattening their defence of sky-high automated charges is to expose their sums:

Total £value of charges levied last year?

Their IT budget?

The total number of so-called manual interventions for Egg staff to "evaluate" a charge (but never to hold back on one)?

The number of staff and man-hours employed in the charges endeavour?

Their salary budget?

The clever monkeys say claimants need to prove their justification of charges is fraudulent, Egg Card does not need to prove their innocence.

In my bones I feel the arrogant buggers have overreached themselves --

Who can help us dig up the relevant stats?

Anyone know about Egg balance sheets and earnings breakdowns?

Any investment bankers and analysts?

Any Egg staff who cannot stand smug bloodsucking?

You want a battle, Egg? Bring it on.

M, I think you're spot on in raising these these issues. We need to get ourselves right under the skin of their generic defence and counterclaim. If any of these cases get allocated to the fast track, this would be exactly the sort of area in which to hit them with a CPR Part 18 request for information or an application for specific disclosure.

Egg appear to be one of the few institutions actually attempting to make out the argument that the pre-estimate is defensible or that there is some 'science' behind the level of their charges.

I think we need a mole. Someone needs to get a job at Egg's HO in Derby and dig up all the info. Any budding journalists out there that want an undercover job? Failing that we could sit outside and wait for a member of staff to come out and bribe them!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks