DLA Refused Help!!

ESAHeadache
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe somebody out hear can help,

recently applied for DLA and it has been refused due to an ESA ATOS report from january 2010.

I won my appeal for ESA in september 2010.

Now my question is why have DLA refused me because of the report yet I sent a decision notice with my claim pack to say that I won my appeal and the ATOS report is incorrect.

I have asked for a reconsideration what is the likelyhood that the decision would be changed by submitting a copy of the tribunal decision??

I submitted loads of evidence when i sent the claim pack, I submitted a doctors letter, a private doctor report which were used for esa appeal, discharge forms from hospital for overdosing suicidal attempts, 2 being very recent twice last month.

SHould I drop the claim as I dont think I would be able to bare another appeal process which takes months to even get a hearing date.

Hi, don't let this get to you, it's obviously an error which can be put right, although there still no guarantee that using the revised docs will change the decision.

If it were me i'd be using welfare rights or CAB from now on, they'll deal with it for you and take most of the stress away. I also beleive that with either of those involved you are more likely to get a positive result, or at least a faster result.

Hope this helps

• Confused 1

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D

Hang on in there, I don't have the expertise to help you, only to support you, someone who can help you will be along soon I promise, you have nothing to lose by going through all the appeal process, there is enough knowledge on here to help you all the way, so keep your chin up, easy to say I know.

Regards

• Confused 1

Fnx for your kind messages.

My welfare advisor submitted my DLA application. I still have barely recovered from a long ESA appeal I just don't want to go through another traumatizing proccess like that and knowing about DLA appeal it could take upto a year.

The worst thing today is my friend who cares for me has had family pass away today so i'm all by myself today with all these thoughts going through my head don't know what is what anymore.

If you go to CAB or other adviser, you could ask them to mark your appeal as urgent - while there isn't (I believe) a formal mechanism for prioritising any particular appeal - and they do have a mammoth backlog at the moment - if an advisor can stress your mental health issues following your successful ESA appeal, they may be able to get you bumped up the queue.

Hang on in there, and if you are struggling being on your own while your carer deals with family issues, check out the link - some mental health telephone helplines, to have someone to talk things through with. They won't be able to sort out the DLA thing, but they may help you find your head for a bit while your support is away.

. nhs.uk/Livewell/mentalhealth/Pages/Helplines.aspx

:-)

Just got out of the hospital today morning spent the last 2 nights there guess I lost my head this all has got to me. Still feeling low.

I have got an appointment luckily tomorrow with the MP well that what my friend has done for me.

Can a MP be of any help to have DWP revise their decision Obviously having the MP go through the case history and evidence.!!

OMG i'm really sorry to hear that, i think going to your MP is a good move, he/she should be able to put pressure on the dwp, it will still take time. In the mean time try to put this out of your head, worrying will do you no good.

I have some idea how this is making you feel, i was almost in the same frame of mind when i scored 0 points, i fought it and doing so has helped me gain some self respect,.

Good luck and your not alone!!!

ps i won my appeal.:)

Rbs £114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=£125 no laughing it's a win

Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT :D