Vodafone staff and missing phones after renewing customers' contracts

sud
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Being driven crazy by VODAFONE at the moment - For a telecoms co they sure don't want to be contacted. I had a call from them at beg. Sept offering a renewal on my contract (which I declined) had two weeks with no internet on by BB and then when I went to the local store they advised me that they believe a phone has been 'lost' by someone changing my address to somewhere in Harrow. They promised to call me with 7-10 days to sort it out (it's now 3 1/2 weeks with no contact, my bills are going to a bogus address and me potentially incurring costs of a phone in my name. I have tried emailing, using their online chat option on their site, calling them and nobody will help. Has anyone else had this done to them? I think they are hoping I'll just go away....currently expecting a huge bill (that's not even mine) got no internet on my BB still, not received my Sept bill so worried who may use that for ID now. Can anyone help? Who should I contact?

Edited by sud

postggj - thanks for your advice. As a new user I have just found I cant send a private message until I have 5 posts (only have 1 right now) Any suggestions?

Hi sud,

It's nice to see that help was on hand yesterday evening - thanks postggj.

From your post this does seem to have become quite a complicated series of events but I'm confident of being able to get to the bottom of things for you.

To allow me to access your account and get this investigated could you email me your details by following the information in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems?

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make it reaches us could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

#4317784 13.9.10 went into Fareham store to seek advice as my BB could not link with internet. Was advised that following VF calling me two weeks before( offering an upgrade), my account details had been changed to a bogus address in Harrow, a new phone ordered and a new contract in my name. Was assured would rec call from VF fraud dept within7-10 days.

22/23.9.10 tried to seek help from VF helpline, abroad CC advisers could not give me uk no. for help or complaints. Told to wait.

23.9.10 spoke to VF Belfast-not aware of complaint, told me to wait to be called (10 days past by then)

Concerned about my bill going to bogus address as is a form of ID - advsd would be resolved before that.

Following week spoke to female adviser (abroad CC) who began discussing my records without verifying me at all /I declined to continue.

Last week tried VF chat, Cust care & web form - got no further - got cust care address from chat adviser, emailed cust care only to be told they could not help except to give a status update, tried online contact us form many many times but got error messages continuously. Then joined CAG and added a post in desperation as I have been getting nowhere with resolving this in a month.

Hi sud,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've now got yours and will get this looked into.

You can rest assured that this will get sorted out and as soon as I have more news I'll get back in touch with you.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK