Moorcroft Debt Recovery-NPOWER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Follow the advice given above, here:

There is zero need or requirement for you to provide them with any evidence of when you moved out, they are talking bowlarks and know it, tell them to prove it which is what BB suggested above (I think?)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ng-of-the-debt

And report them.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cartaphilus

Follow the advice already given in this thread by the other two who gave it. If you follow the advice given then there really should be no problems with any of this.

Okay, I think I'd better stop confusing myself with all of this and let the others who gave you the original advice continue to do so.

The point here is Moorcroft is perusing you for a debt with a utility company that is over two years old. How are you to know that it is your debt but also what the original amount is? What proof do you have from Moorcroft or from NPower for example? What fees have been added into that (which no doubt there have been).

The other being, as already mentioned above, you were signed up to it in a dodgy way on the doorstep, as BB has mentioned.

Okay, getting a headache ... more than likely caused by Ventolin (inhalers for those who may not know). I wish you good luck, follow the advice the others have given.

Edited by Cartaphilus

The Billing Code is what states they can only bill for the previous 12 months, as long as they are at fault and have failed to send correct bills.

http://www.energy-retail.org.uk/AbouttheCode.html

The no debt acknowledged letter is simply reinforcing your position to moorcr@p that you have no knowledge of this debt, simply because, you don't, although you are aware that 'A' debt exists between you and N power, allegedly, until N power prove this to you then no debt exists.

Moorcr@p are ineffective, they cannot take ANY legal action against you, they do not own the debt, therefore you can very safely ignore anything these fools send you, they are talking to themselves, all of their letters are merely printed off by a computer which is programmed to churn out threat letters at specific intervals, unless it has some kind of human input to tell it to stop, the only time a human see it is when it is poushed through your letter box by the postie, IGNORE MOORCR@P.

Your problem is with N Power, these are the guys you need to take to task over this. Were you sold this after January this year, on the doorstep??

If so then it is illegal, as it was outlawed in Jan this year, this will be a complete defence and will put it to bed forever.

If not, then IMO you can still claim it was missold, hence why now the practice of unsolicited doorstep selling has been outlawed. If you have not done so already, start a formal complaint with N power, get Ofgem to advise you also, they might even take it out of your hands completely and deal with it.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Heres a little something I received from CreditToday, might be an interesting read for you.

Npower loses legal dispute over energy debts collection - 08/10/2010

gavel_onbrown.jpg

Utility giant npower has lost a legal battle after a customer took it to court over alleged persistent harassment by debt collection agencies (DCAs).

Customer Christopher Poncelet had been battling the energy firm for three years after it sent a succession of incorrect energy bills which led to demands for money he did not owe, and a succession of debt collection firms demanding payment for a debt which did not exist.

Over a three-year period Poncelet, 63, received 15 inaccurate bills from npower, faced demands for money which was not owed on 11 occasions and 14 attempts by debt collectors to recover money.

When he tried to switch suppliers he was told he couldn’t because of the debts. After seeking help from Ofcom Poncelet took court action and was awarded £3,000 damages by Northampton County Court for persistent harassment.

Judge Bray described npower’s conduct as: "The oppressive and unacceptable conduct of a large company over a small individual."

In a statement npower told Credit Today: "We are sorry to hear that Mr Poncelet received a poor level of service from us. This resulted in a miscalculation of his bills on a number of occasions which were then followed by letters from npower informing him he was in debt.

"We recognise that we can get it wrong, however npower is continually investing in improving customer service. We have committed over £200m to a new billing and customer communication system which will start to come into effect towards the end of

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/news/news-item.cfm?news=1975

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Im in a bit of a mess the Energy ombudsman has contacted me saying NPOWER query the validity of this complaint as i havent contacted them since september 2009? have i messed this up now? Ive contacted Moorcroft on several occasions and theyve wanted tenancy agreements on several occasions.

Just had to re-read the whole post again, to refresh my goldfish memory.

Right then, did you tell the Ombudsman everything about how NPower have handled this account, and how their chosen DCA's are handling it now?

In my eyes it is very simple, NPower want to charge a questionable amount for a relatively short period, they sold this to you on the doorstep, a practice that has now been made illegal. (Jan 2010) You were not made aware of your cancellation rights, and as such are now completely confused. Even more so now that they have given this account to an external DCA Moorcr@p, who is demanding irrelavent information which indicates that they are unsure themselves as to whether a debt does actually exist, and that you are the correct person.

The time for them to ensure they were chasing the right person was before they sent their first threat letter, and should have been confirmed by NPower before they farmed it out.

You haven't messed it up, I think you just need to clarify a few things with the energy ombudsman first.

I found the contract last night and sent copies of that to the ombudsman,i also had 1 letter from scotcall and a few from moorcroft although ive thrown some of them away,moorcroft havent sent me a letter for some time,I just hope that my case doesnt close because of it validity as npower states

I fail to see how it can just close? If they are still chasing for money then clearly there is a case for them to answer, they are probably just trying it on, N-Power got their knuckles rapped about this..

I have forwarded my complaint to the energy ombudsman im now going to gather all the copies of the DCAS letters and send them to them to have evidence to support my complaint.

The Energy Ombudsman (ENO) is funded entirely by its Members and Npower is a fee-paying Member of the ENO scheme. So do not expect the ENO to take any notice of evidence which proves that one of its Members has not "acted with the best of intentions" (as the ENO expresses it). Any dispute it offers to settle between you and one of its Members will be conditional upon your signing a legally-binding document in which you acknowledge that Npower had "acted with the best of intentions". The ENO does not bite the hand that feeds it ... :|

It's worth complaining viciously to NPOWERS CEO, I did and got sent a cheque for £60.00 as a goodwill gesture while they investiagted, then another cheque for £60.00 when they had investigated and my bill written off even though I hadn't even disputed the bill just the rudeness off there door to door dales staff who visited me after I changed to Eon!

Npwers CEO. [email protected]

Thanks i emailed them dont know if itll do any good as energy ombudsman wont pursue my case at this time says i have to write to npower again,the moorcroft letters have seemed to stop comimg through not had one for months whether thats a good thing i dont know lol

Yes that figures regards to the Ombudsman.

Exhaust Npowers complaints procedure first, until they either correct their mistake, or send you a deadlock letter, which will enable you to get the Ombudsman involved.

Dear Mr X

Thank you for your recent email regarding your npower account. The details have been forwarded to me to investigate and respond to.

While I am investigating your account I have placed a hold to prevent any further follow up. Although, this has been placed on hold in the past, may I start by confirming on which date Moorcroft have contacted you regarding this balance, the means of how they contacted you and the reference number used.

This information will allow me to stop any further follow up from them directly and clarify whether this action has been carried out incorrectly.

As looking into your complaint, I understand you have recently contacted the Energy Ombudsman regarding this, however they have requested we investigate the matter firstly. The information they have provided us contradicts information we already hold on the account and therefore I do require a Tenancy Agreement for the period of time of which you would have been responsible for the electricity usage. I understand you vacated the property prior to the end of your tenancy and this will be taken into consideration, so please confirm the exact dates you lived there.

With regards to mis-selling of the product, I would like to confirm that it is not illegal to approach peoples homes and offer beneficial deals as this was carried out in December 2008.

Should you have further queries please feel free to contact me using the details below. I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding this.

Kind regards

Steve Harrison

• 2 months later...

IT Seems this case isnt resolved as my partner had a call from bcw who are working on behalf of spark energy saying they want £177 for 1 months electric in a 2 bedroom flat!

bcw were very ebrupt and said you must pay etc it really annoys me.he said take it up with npower

is there any letters i can send

thanks