• Tweets

• I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
clio2010

Moorcroft Debt Recovery-NPOWER

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3244 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello there i am having problems with moorcroft debt recovery they sending me bills for 400.00 for a 2 bedroom flat i lived in for 6 months of which only 3 of them was when i switched to n power i indicated this to the previous debt collection agency who then handed it back to npower and now give it to moorcroft and have a letter coming through everyday ive sent several letters from the letting agency saying when i vacated which apparently still isnt good enough now they want a copy of when i moved in and moved out,even though i wasnt with npower when i moved in,i need some advice please,

thanks

The peroid they are charging me for is February to August 2008 when i moved out on approx 26th march 2008

Your first step is to request details of the alleged debt from moorcr@p. There is a letter in the templates library. Edit to suit and make sure you request a statement of account because moorcr@p can be little bit nawty by adding extra charges ;)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

There is zero need or requirement for you to provide them with any evidence of when you moved out, they are talking bowlarks and know it, tell them to prove it which is what BB suggested above (I think?)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Npower reps caught me off guard when they asked me to sign up but they didnt take my previous meter reading i dont think and i think i still may have a copy of the contract somewhere,

Caught you off guard? How?

Did they cold call and ask you to sign on the doorstep? If so, they don't have a leg to stand on, you need a cooling off period of 14 days, in any case, I wouldn't entertain the muppets on the doorstep. This is a very simple case, and no need to worry.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It was well after 14 days that thay sent me the bill though does this mean i have no defence for my case?

Caught you off guard? How?

Did they cold call and ask you to sign on the doorstep? If so, they don't have a leg to stand on, you need a cooling off period of 14 days, in any case, I wouldn't entertain the muppets on the doorstep. This is a very simple case, and no need to worry.

yes they did cold call at the door so is this not enforceable?

also i am very worried when they ask for a copy of the tenancy agreement and i havent got it anymore because it was a couple of years ago i told them this on the phone and they said get a letter from you letting agency stating when you moved out and in,although they said this i think there still going to ask me for the tenancy agreement i fear that this is going to drag on for a long time.

So let me get this straight, sorry, Npower canvassed you at the door unsolicited, and talked you into signing up with them? Did you sign or were you given any paperwork, or were you made aware that you had a right to cancel?

Have a read of the following link, but I believe your better getting your complaint reported to http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact to investigate, and TS will assist also.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/doorstep-selling/

i was given a contract at the door i still have it somewhere but i think its incomplete me and the agent signed it though.

There should be something on there stating your right to cancel have a good read of it.

You have 14 days in which to cancel under the distance selling regs. which would apply because you signed in/on your own premises.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

BB aren't elec/gas/water on a 30 day rolling contract anyway?

Guest Cartaphilus

Removed by me due to stupid mistake.

Edited by Cartaphilus

BB not sure really but they aren't covered by the CCA.

Guest Cartaphilus

Going to re-post what I edited above just in case it could become relevent later and, in some way, of help in all this.

Clio ... did you mean the contract you signed was incomplete or that it has become incomplete eg lost pages later?

I had one of these people on my doorstep last year, armed with what was obviously a wireless linked PDA device of some kind touting for business however I wasn't having a bar of it and soon as opening the door I said 'not interested' before they even got the words out of their mouth ... 'it could save you money' ... came the reply, as they were obviously very thrown with my response ... no thanks ... they went away. On a prior occasion, a young man came to the door, smartly dressed ... told him to go away, wasn't interested, then he had the cheek to try again about 10 minutes later. Which part of the word 'NO' wasn't understood? Asides from being on a commissioned based sales round, of course.

Edited by Cartaphilus
To highlight my question/separate it from my own experience

Agreed BB, but my thinking on Utility bills, esp, gas/electric, run on a 30 day rolling contract, so you are able to switch and change as and when you please, the minimum contract term IS 30 days, after which you can switch again. I know they do not come under the CCA, BUT, I DO NOT know of a minimum term of contract for a utility company.

I had one firm one month, and as they were as much use as indicators on a submarine, changed back to my original supplier 30 days later.

No dramas. except the 'new' firm got a very strict warning that if they were to ring me again about going back to them I would sue them for harassment........................Not a dicky bird....:thumb:

By all accounts, from January this year, it is now ILLEGAL to sell gas/electric/water on the doorstep, so if this happened any time this year after Jan, tell them to go play with the fairies, as they WILL NOT be able to pursue in court.

i cant find my contract at all now,they keep wanting to see proof off my letting egenct etc,this bill corresponds from 2008,ive already send them proof of when they moved out now they want when i moved in and out,

when we moved in the flat in the first place we was with a company called spark but it was in my partners name,they have been phoning her for months asking for money also but we dont know what period from?,this is very confusing,

Guest Cartaphilus
i cant find my contract at all now,they keep wanting to see proof off my letting egenct etc,this bill corresponds from 2008,ive already send them proof of when they moved out now they want when i moved in and out,

when we moved in the flat in the first place we was with a company called spark but it was in my partners name,they have been phoning her for months asking for money also but we dont know what period from?,this is very confusing,

Spark? What utility company is that? (yes, I could go and Google it but I prefer to ask the question, instead as it's one I've never heard of). Also, I think all you need to do is follow the advice given by BB and that should be the end of it.

Also, just do not send these people any more things from your prior agency or now. It's a waste of time and they are just playing 'tennis' with you. They will continue to do so the more contact you have with them. They are out of order as already pointed out, it's up to THEM to prove things, not you.

Nothing to be confused about here, TBH, when it's clear what needs to be done, ignore them. And report them. Let them get confused by all of it and, hopefully, stopped from doing it to anyone else in the future.

Guest Cartaphilus

Also (I can't find it right now, because I need to know the correct name for what I am trying to look up; annoying when that happens) but isn't there something about how a utility company cannot persue someone for a debt that has arisen more than a year after moving out? That, to me, would make it dubious in itself, alone. Perhaps I am wrong. I probably am.

Guest Cartaphilus

Isn't there also something I've read about that if a debt that's arisen from a utility company more than a year old (which, to me, would make it dubious anyway ie why wait so long before producing a bill and is it actually your debt being the next question) it can't be persued? Probably got that all wrong, but was just thinking about it.

Guest Cartaphilus

Duplicate posts created above due to that odd thing whereby you post ... then nothing appears until minutes later, so you don't know if your post has been entered.

what document do i need from the templates library is it a CCA Request?

Guest Cartaphilus

CCA request? No, you do not need to send them anything, the advice on what to do has been given by BB and Babybear, there is NOTHING you need to do here.

Besides which CCA requests won't work on utility bills.