Moorcroft Debt Recovery-NPOWER

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there i am having problems with moorcroft debt recovery they sending me bills for 400.00 for a 2 bedroom flat i lived in for 6 months of which only 3 of them was when i switched to n power i indicated this to the previous debt collection agency who then handed it back to npower and now give it to moorcroft and have a letter coming through everyday ive sent several letters from the letting agency saying when i vacated which apparently still isnt good enough now they want a copy of when i moved in and moved out,even though i wasnt with npower when i moved in,i need some advice please,

thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is zero need or requirement for you to provide them with any evidence of when you moved out, they are talking bowlarks and know it, tell them to prove it which is what BB suggested above (I think?)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Caught you off guard? How?

Did they cold call and ask you to sign on the doorstep? If so, they don't have a leg to stand on, you need a cooling off period of 14 days, in any case, I wouldn't entertain the muppets on the doorstep. This is a very simple case, and no need to worry.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Caught you off guard? How?

Did they cold call and ask you to sign on the doorstep? If so, they don't have a leg to stand on, you need a cooling off period of 14 days, in any case, I wouldn't entertain the muppets on the doorstep. This is a very simple case, and no need to worry.

yes they did cold call at the door so is this not enforceable?

also i am very worried when they ask for a copy of the tenancy agreement and i havent got it anymore because it was a couple of years ago i told them this on the phone and they said get a letter from you letting agency stating when you moved out and in,although they said this i think there still going to ask me for the tenancy agreement i fear that this is going to drag on for a long time.

So let me get this straight, sorry, Npower canvassed you at the door unsolicited, and talked you into signing up with them? Did you sign or were you given any paperwork, or were you made aware that you had a right to cancel?

Have a read of the following link, but I believe your better getting your complaint reported to http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact to investigate, and TS will assist also.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/doorstep-selling/

Guest Cartaphilus

Going to re-post what I edited above just in case it could become relevent later and, in some way, of help in all this.

Clio ... did you mean the contract you signed was incomplete or that it has become incomplete eg lost pages later?

I had one of these people on my doorstep last year, armed with what was obviously a wireless linked PDA device of some kind touting for business however I wasn't having a bar of it and soon as opening the door I said 'not interested' before they even got the words out of their mouth ... 'it could save you money' ... came the reply, as they were obviously very thrown with my response ... no thanks ... they went away. On a prior occasion, a young man came to the door, smartly dressed ... told him to go away, wasn't interested, then he had the cheek to try again about 10 minutes later. Which part of the word 'NO' wasn't understood? Asides from being on a commissioned based sales round, of course.

Edited by Cartaphilus
To highlight my question/separate it from my own experience

Agreed BB, but my thinking on Utility bills, esp, gas/electric, run on a 30 day rolling contract, so you are able to switch and change as and when you please, the minimum contract term IS 30 days, after which you can switch again. I know they do not come under the CCA, BUT, I DO NOT know of a minimum term of contract for a utility company.

I had one firm one month, and as they were as much use as indicators on a submarine, changed back to my original supplier 30 days later.

No dramas. except the 'new' firm got a very strict warning that if they were to ring me again about going back to them I would sue them for harassment........................Not a dicky bird....:thumb:

By all accounts, from January this year, it is now ILLEGAL to sell gas/electric/water on the doorstep, so if this happened any time this year after Jan, tell them to go play with the fairies, as they WILL NOT be able to pursue in court.

i cant find my contract at all now,they keep wanting to see proof off my letting egenct etc,this bill corresponds from 2008,ive already send them proof of when they moved out now they want when i moved in and out,

when we moved in the flat in the first place we was with a company called spark but it was in my partners name,they have been phoning her for months asking for money also but we dont know what period from?,this is very confusing,

Guest Cartaphilus
i cant find my contract at all now,they keep wanting to see proof off my letting egenct etc,this bill corresponds from 2008,ive already send them proof of when they moved out now they want when i moved in and out,

when we moved in the flat in the first place we was with a company called spark but it was in my partners name,they have been phoning her for months asking for money also but we dont know what period from?,this is very confusing,

Spark? What utility company is that? (yes, I could go and Google it but I prefer to ask the question, instead as it's one I've never heard of). Also, I think all you need to do is follow the advice given by BB and that should be the end of it.

Also, just do not send these people any more things from your prior agency or now. It's a waste of time and they are just playing 'tennis' with you. They will continue to do so the more contact you have with them. They are out of order as already pointed out, it's up to THEM to prove things, not you.

Nothing to be confused about here, TBH, when it's clear what needs to be done, ignore them. And report them. Let them get confused by all of it and, hopefully, stopped from doing it to anyone else in the future.

Guest Cartaphilus

Also (I can't find it right now, because I need to know the correct name for what I am trying to look up; annoying when that happens) but isn't there something about how a utility company cannot persue someone for a debt that has arisen more than a year after moving out? That, to me, would make it dubious in itself, alone. Perhaps I am wrong. I probably am.

Guest Cartaphilus

Isn't there also something I've read about that if a debt that's arisen from a utility company more than a year old (which, to me, would make it dubious anyway ie why wait so long before producing a bill and is it actually your debt being the next question) it can't be persued? Probably got that all wrong, but was just thinking about it.

Guest Cartaphilus

Duplicate posts created above due to that odd thing whereby you post ... then nothing appears until minutes later, so you don't know if your post has been entered.

Guest Cartaphilus

CCA request? No, you do not need to send them anything, the advice on what to do has been given by BB and Babybear, there is NOTHING you need to do here.

Besides which CCA requests won't work on utility bills.