Capquest threatening litigation - what to do?

JK76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a letter today from CrapQuest saying they've received me CCA request, they're looking into it and they'll send me it soon. They also attched a copy of the assignment letter from Barclaycard. No mention of legal proceedings or threats of any kind, suddenly they've become most courteous. Am I now being treated as "not to be f*cked with" because the nature of the CCA request letter made me look like I know what I'm talking about? (thanks for that btw!!)

Would you like me to post the content of the letter?

Guys, humblest apologies for not getting this done sooner, been constant nightshift and a family member was taken to hospital on Saturday so I've genuinely not had a minute to scratch my ass.

Anyway, what follows is word-for-word all I've had back from them in response to my CCA request. It's the NOA, and the amount on the NOA (which looks like a poor quality scan or photocopy judging by the specks of copier dirt or dust on it) differs from the amount on all of Capquest's correspondence. Whether this is due to ongoing interest charges or not I can't be sure, but I would imagine so.

Brace yourselves:

Dear Mr ********

We hereby give notice of the transfer of the debt due to us from you in respect of the balance of £3372.12 outstanding as at the 12 Jul 10 on your Barclaycard Platinukm BRT account. The balance due as at the date of this letter is £3372.12.

On 30 Jul 10 your account was sold (by way of assignment) to CapQuest Investments Limited who has appointed one of their group companies, CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited to manage your account on their behalf.

Further communications as to repayment of the balance and all payments must therefore be addressed to CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited.

Sincerely,

An illegible black squiggle

That's the content in full, the only information I've left off is the account number and contact details.

This letter was stapled to a covering letter from C**tQuest which said:

"Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We can confirm that we have requested a copy of the agreement for the above account and this will be forwarded to you when received.

Please find attached a copy of the notice of assignment and statement of account.

Yours sincerely

Some random CrapQuest lackey.

Where does this leave me, and what should be my next move?

Thanks,

JK

Letter 2 does have some ahem - plus points though, for example "I will not be demanding payment in full" and it does appear that they're not being entirely impossible to deal with - "......over a period of time and by a method that is suitable to you", they say. Although, I wager they'd make it extremely difficult for me to pay it back at buttons per month, which is all I can reasonably afford at present.

Let me know what you think, and thanks once again - you've taken a good deal of the sting out of a very frightening situation with your advice.

This is just further bullying and bluster. They know that if they were to enter into any litigation they would need a true copy of your CCA, did you send a letter to crappyquest asking for it?

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Does anyone know how CapQuest, or other companies, usually respond to this letter?

Thanks

It all depends on which button they press on the Threat-o-Matic machine.

Nobody has yet worked out how a DCA's mind works. They may ignore you, they may respond positively.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Merde. I was preparing to send the follow-up letter and so I checked the Royal Mail website to establish when exactly my CCA request was received. 7th October!! I posted it on the 2nd! So it took 5 days to reach Fleet via recorded delivery!! So the 12 + 2 working days isn't up yet. That would be Tuesday of next week, unless Saturday counts as a working day since CapQuest are open on a Saturday, in which case 12 +2 working days was up yesterday?

Why am I stressing? D'oh!

No no, it is 12 'working' days from when they receive your request, so 12 working days from the 7th will be 22nd, so they can have the 'Failed' letter now.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I sent them the 'failed' letter, but received a photocopy of my credit agreement in the post this morning. 7 days outwith the 12+2 limit - dunno if that makes any difference? :-(

No, the account only remains in dispute for as long as they have failed to produce a copy of the agreement.

What does the agreement say? Can you scan and post it up on here for others to have a look at, but remember to remove anything that will ID you to them and the account, so remove all Ref Numbers, Bar codes etc.

Dang, not been able to get this onto the computer. It's a photocopy of the original CCA, signed and dated by me and a covering letter saying "start paying us by 5th November or we'll pass your account to our collections department for further action." (odd, I thought they were a collections agency?)

Can get access to a scanner tomorrow for sure to let you see but looks like I'm going to have to offer them a minimum payment of £5 by postal order to stop further action. If it's to arrive Recorded Delivery by Friday I'd better send it tomorrow. What do you think - should I send a payment?

JK

Edited by JK76
typo

IMO until others have been able to view the CCA they sent you, then I wouldn't pay them a thing, once it has been confirmed onw way or the other then you can decide what you want to to.