Ldm solutions (advice)

JGJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a thought, but has anyone reported these to companies house to?

If they have incorrect information on their letters, or dont reside at the offices they claim to, they can get into serious trouble with ch.

question everything!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just 'googled' LDM and this forum came straight up - thank goodness!

I have been receiving similar phone calls over that last 2 or 3 years around every 6 months. They always state that I or one of my colleagues have OK'd the advertising. Is what they don't realise is that I am the only person that can do that and I only use one company to advertise with.

Last time I spoke to them was probably about 6 months ago, it was a girl and I said 'look can you stop calling me, I don't place these adverts and I don't wish to, take me off your list' to which she replied 'NO! I will not take you off the list' and slammed the phone down. They have called more recently and spoke to my manager, the first call she politely told them we had no advertising budget and we wouldn't be interested. The second time they called they told her that she had ordered it and they would be sending a recording of the call - that was about a month ago. Yesterday we received an invoice (no sign of the recording) for £400.

Luckily I am a member of the Small Business Federation and I spoke to a gentleman in their legal team who informed me that they are happy whether I decide to write back to them or not. They stated that they have never known them to take anyone to court.

His main piece of advice was to contact the Office of Fair Trading and report to them, which I have done very simply with a quick email. The more of us that do this, the more chance they will have of stopping them! Or at the very least slowing them down.

I did write back to them, just to let them know that I had discovered who they were and what there '[problem]' was and that I would not be entering in any further correspondence with them. I also quoted the Unsolicited Goods & services Act 1971 to them. I did not use my headed paper, did not sign the letter and just 'signed off' with the company name. If you were to give them your logo, I presume they could use this to 'mock up' the 'advert' that they placed for you. You never know, there might be the first time they take someone to court, better to be safe than sorry....

Anyway, hope this helps someone and if everyone who is effected by these companies contact the OFT then that's about our best chance of stopping them!

Good luck everyone!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys & Girls

Just had the 'Final Riminder' today, signed by a John Green, (LLB) what ever that stsands for? Legal Division, with York Street address.

in red, A COUNTY COURT SUMMONS HAS NOW BEEN ISSUED IN RELATION TO THE DEBT OWED. YOU WILL RECEIVE A COPY WITHIN 14 DAYS. LEGAL FEES OF £47.00 + COURT FEES WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR DEBT.

DO NOT IGNOR (under lined)

No phone calls as yet, if they want to go to Court so be it, has anyone ever seen a copy of the 'Advert' or a copy of the Crime & Saftey Business to Business, what is it? Book, Wall Chart, Magazine, [problem]?

Keep us updated on any developments

Evening

Been having a nose around just before leaving work and found this site . . http://www.advertisingprotectionagency.org/ledger-of-support-publishing-firms.php

They already have LDM Solutions listed plus a second address for them ??

Some interesting info from what I've managed to look at all be it briefly

R

Edited by Revenant

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=