Ldm solutions (advice)

JGJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all,

I am attempting to sort a problem for a close family member, who has had dealings with a co

called LDM SOLUTIONS Bentinck street London who are attempting to collect monies for an account of which we have no

knowledge and have not authorised any dealings with. The monies are for publication in a crime

prevention type brochure of which no authority or permission has been given to these people by us.

Before I started looking into the problem a couple of invoices arrived for her and she responded by

informing them No knowledge of this alleged debt, of course they have ignored this and plodded on

to the stage of sending the attached letter FINAL REMINDER or is it COURT ACTION??

I have in the last 4days sent them by signed for del the Prove it letter and the Doorstep visit,

Harassment by phone and all phone calls are recorded letters.

I am eagerly awaiting their replies if any.

All comments and advice / directions will be gratefully received.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have sent the prove it letter thats about as much as you can do for now.

The next step would depend on their reply

DO NOT discuss it on the phone with them

Come back on here straight away if you do receive N1 Court papers, but I think they are just trying to intimidate you into payment with threats.

Is the invoice in the full name of the person they are chasing or just Mrs/Mr X.

Edited by alfwithhair

alfwithhair,

Thanks for looking in, yes she has been informed no phone calls and in writing only suppose we have just got to

do the waiting game. It really annoys me how these people seem to pluck out of the air addresses and send

invoices for imaginary services.

Just hoping someone has had dealings with these people or has any prior knowledge/advice.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

That letter is bulls**t.

If they had served court papers, the invoice wouldn't include the last paragraph (if you have paid etc.) because if they had served papers at court, they would have paid the court fee which would have been passed on to the defendant.

If a court summons had been issued, it certainly wouldn't take 14 days to arrive. The courts allow 5 days for service.

If a summons does appear, make sure it has a court stamp on it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Been looking around.

The letter above doesn't have a registration number and on companies house there is a LDM solutions LTD but at a different address to this one.

I did a search on Jonh Green with the SRA and nothing comes up for the address given (although there are John Greens on the SRA register)

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor/action=solicitorsearch.law

I also did a google search for the address.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=W1U+2EL&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=London+W1U+2EL&gl=uk&ei=MGGWTI_HDseG4QaLusjvAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

No full name just the Dear Sir/Madam

If you have sent the prove it letter thats about as much as you can do for now.

The next step would depend on their reply

DO NOT discuss it on the phone with them

Come back on here straight away if you do receive N1 Court papers, but I think they are just trying to intimidate you into payment with threats.

Is the invoice in the full name of the person they are chasing or just Mrs/Mr X.

No full name just the Dear Sir/Madam

Thought as much. Possible [problem] going on here, I would have a word with the Old Bill

and report it as such here

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/UK_reporting_scams.php

One thing is certain though, there will be no court papers being served to Dear Sir/Madam.

Edited by alfwithhair

To me this has a whiff of "Weinstein Williams" about it . . .

Weinstein Williams raided as Scambusters crack down on "fake ...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.weinsteinwilliams.com%2F&ei=URSXTOKOEsfAswbKvPla&usg=AFQjCNFrGF_56SDrHlir8aQJgtwzxKFlSw

There are threads on here about this as well so maybe a read of those will help you see the similarities, here's one to be going on with . .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213633-Weinstein-Williams-amp-Commercial-Credit-Solutions&highlight=weinstein+williams

As already advised just sit tight for now but maybe a word with Trading Standards wouldn't go amiss

Good luck

R

(I read the "Who calls me" thread in alf's post . . googled "Crime and Safety Business to Business" and there's no direct mention of any such publication)

Edited by Revenant
Added another comment

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

Further letter received today from LDM same formulated letter as the one I posted on the 19th (earlier post) only

the date for receiving court summons has changed from 14 days to 7days:violin:

I have sent them and they have received by signed for electronic proof receited letters re

1) Do not acknowledge debt

2) Harassment by phone (No calls received since)

3) All calls recorded

4) Doorstep visit

I wonder what? or if any further c**p can be expected from them or will the date to expect court sommons be

further reduced:lol:

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Edited by JGJ
Faux Pas

Unfortunately, I would be baiting them.

I would contact the OFT and Trading Standards.

The chance of this actually going to court are slim (IMO) but you never know. They might think you are ignorant of civil law and try it on.

I would write back with a final response,

"If you think you have a case, bring it on and I will fully defend this fraudulent action."

As everything is addressed to Dear Sir/Madam, they obviosly don'y know your name or would use it.

I can't see how they could issue court papers addressed to Dear Sir/Madam as I could relate to anybody.

Have you reported it to trading standards and the OFT yet?

Not as yet but I am poised ready for action.

On the invoice that they sent, a name does appear and a business address,

however on the threatogramme re court proceedings only Dear Sir/Madam and if this has been paid in the last 7 days please ignore.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Edited by JGJ
ADDED TEXT

Hi, Heres my experience with this outfit to date.

A couple of months ago i got a phone call on my mobile saying hi (my name) we see your advert is doing well. What advert!! I told him I wasnt interested as he preceeded to tell me he wanted £350.00.

I of course being an alpha male told him to go away in builders language!! He told me we are not going anywhere. six weeks later I receive a bill dated in april and quoting crime & saftey bisiness to business. Since then I have had sevreal invoices and court threats, Like you I have done my searches on the internet, but no luck. I live on the outskirts on london so hopped on the tube to the address.

Guess what no sign of them I call there no from my mobile and said im outside your office with a querie on your invoice. can you tell me your office address. We do not allow callers he said.

Ive also have a long phone call asking to speek to the accountant who sign the letter His name was tony baldwin. I was told he was the MD. Well i checked companies house> geuss what no record.

I have sent them two recoreded letters saying. As a company you have the right to your customers to prove you actually produced an advert. Guess what they just ignore and send more demands.!!

They cannot be a ligitimate company !! I have replied to them as advised by the trading standards.

and to be honest I am Just sitting it out.

They aint getting a penny out of me. Also one final little piece of info.

I got caught out earlier on this year with a similar thing with a crime publication and they told me they had a recording of me agreeing to it .this company was from manchester.

Youll notice all letters come from manchester. The chap i spoke to told me we are not in manchester.

Yeh right.!! hes also telling me he has a recording of me agreeing to it..

make your own conclusions.

steve west,

Thanks for the heads up re this bunch Certainly sound like a right bunch of fraudsters attempting to catch unsuspecting small companys off

guard and to harass them into coughing up monies which they are not Liable for classic fraud (IMO)

Has there been any further advice forthcoming from Trading Standards, other than replying to there demands and

have they not gave you an undertaking that they WILL investigate them??

What happened with the first incident, when you say you got caught out earlier, did you part with any money or did

you inform the Trading Standards or Police.

All info will be gratefully received.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Hi All

Have just read all this with interest, and some relief knowing I'm not the only one. - I have the same problem, though not got the "court letter" yet. Had one phone conversation with them when the 1st invoice arrived - to say this is in error, and the guy I spoke to - Tony Jenkins was not aware that the date of 1st contact according to his records was 2 days after the invoice date. Nor did he seem to know where his office was ! I will be sending this all to Trading Standards, and speaking to my local police.

Any updates will be gratefully received.

Spriteracer,

Have you read the thread so far and have you sent them the appropriate letters yet? Just to be on the safe side. They seem to prey

upon the people who do not challenge their fraudulent (IMHO) deeds.

I am awaiting further/ if any developments and feedback from a couple of contacts I have made with departments that deal with these

people, keep in touch with your updates.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS)

Hi all,

Who calls me is a good site to have in the armoury, I have used it before and passed the details to others,

the more people report them the sooner the appropriate people will take action against the [problematic] etc.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"