Please help! Need to pay marstons £900 in two weeks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can anyone help, I had a notice of intended prosecution for speeding (accidently at 40mph)on duel carriage way in january, i returned it but it seems it was never received and i have no proof, i have been through a very difficult time, my mum is dying, has lung and brain cancer so been an emotional time and been her main carer, also single mum and working part time, i went through a phase of not opening my mail and when i did found a court date for june that i'd missed and a £600 fine, i liased straight away with the magistrates court and completed statement of means and mitigating circumsatnces and offer of payment, they were very understanding but said they could not do anything as had already been passed to marstons. have had marstons baliff letter today and spoken direct, he says i must pay £900 in 2 weeks or he will get a locksmith to enter my home and if i do not have any goods of value, which i don't he will get me arrested. I am really scared, i have offered to pay by installments but he says all he can do is 450 next week and 450 the week after. is there any thing i can do? my family need me and i can't tell them about the mess i am in.

yes, the most part is for failure to respond to notice of intended prosecution, i cannot prove that i did, the court agreed was the highest i would have been ordered to pay but said it was because i didn't attend the hearing and provide my circumstances at that time

To start with the baliff is talking out of his backside

you need to go back to the court and see the clerk

put everything in writing about not being in the right state of mind due to your mother and ask for it to go back in front of the court

do an income and expenditure form

tell the clerk that you are a

vunerable person and show him the letter

remember to talk to the court clerk

not the person on the front desk

if you end up with no joy we will do an out of time declaration to get the baliffs off hyour back

Im no expert on this by any means but is there a way, if you have been fined that amount to get a re determination or something along those lines, you did not respond so they hit you hard, at least that way you get or could get a easier less demanding way to pay . Im sure someone with more experience than me will offer better advice... Just hang on

Best wishes

eggy12

Thankyou for your help, you've given me something to try, just been hitting brick walls all day! i will go tomorrow and see the clerk, fingers crossed! can u tell me why you think baliff is talking crap? i know he is legally able to get locksmith, is he also able to apply to get me arrested for non payment of fine, even tho have offered to pay

The following is wrote I wrote in answer to a query on here earlier this evening:

Marston Group have a contract with HMCS to enforce these debts and the contract allows for them to charge a fee of £75 for sending a letter and if the debt remains unpaid that a visit fee of £200 is charged.

The bailiff CAN force entry but this is MOST unlikely to ever happen. In fact, in answer to a Parliamentary question the government confirmed that there had been 9 cases of forced entry in the past 3 years. Although this is a large number it needs to be remembered that there were approx 900,000 distress Warrants issued EACH YEAR !!!