Timesheet altered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My time sheet got altered by 1/2 an hour without my permission yesterday evening.

I was told that I shouldn't have booked 1/2 an hour over as I had only looked after one patient and S***** had worked hard and I had not offered to stay on later

Both of the above are untrue.

This morning I complained to my manager about last night and he said he would speak to the person involved and that I could reinstate the time crossed out.

This evening as I left work I came to fill my time in for today and discovered that it had been altered again, deducting the same 1/2 hour off.

I have reinstated the time again! and taken a photocopy in case it happens again.

Where do I stand legally with this? I'm not keen to take this further but I will If this behavior carries on.

Hi Monkex..... I know this is a sledgehammer to crack a nut but altering paperwork that is used for an accounting purpose is a criminal offence. The perpetrator needs to be informed of this fact because if it is done again they have no excuse. Is this a manager that is doing this? Are there issues that go deeper than the timesheet issue? Who has access to the time sheets and have they been spoken to?

Good about copying the sheet. You should continue to do this before and after you have entered your times.

Its a newly promoted team leader who is I guess throwing her weight about, I'm not the first one she has had a go at but about the 4 or 5th over the last few weeks over various things

A good manager leads they don't bully and that appears to be what she is doing. Have a look at Bully Online http://www.bullyonline.org/ click the green entry button. You will find loads of information about bullying in the workplace. You will recognise many character traits I am sure. You need to tread carefully with these people...... they are dangerous as they seek to get allies around them and then they bully en masse. Read up on it as forewarned is forearmed.

I agree HoneyB......... but unfortunately these things start out small and 'issues' are manipulated until the victim is out of their minds with what to do. Newly promoted managers need guidance. They don;t need to bring problems to their managers that get out of hand, that is not good for more promotions. Hopefully it will be nipped in the bud.

Personally, gosh I guess I would like to see this person told off by senior management that her behavior is unacceptable and get an apology.

The problem is that with whats going with her issues with other people at work I think its going to all bad with one of them and everyone will get dragged into a massive blow up, there are some huge egos involved and they do not seem to be aware of how how bad/ridiculous they are all making themselves look

I want it to be over with, to forget all about it and just get on with my work and of course no one messing with my timesheet again ever!!.

Sounds like a very toxic environment all of a sudden Monkex. The only positive thing to do is what you are doing gather in the evidence. You could also start to keep a diary of events. You never know when it might come in handy. Also to get yourself a digital recorder and ensure that and 'informal' meetings you have is recorded.

The unfortunate thing is that you are now involved and we need to keep you safe and in the best position to ensure you come out the other side unscathed.

Cheers so much guys :-) I feel so much happier now.

Yes Papasmurf its turned really rather awful at work over the last few weeks and I'm glad to actually off for 3 weeks soon, I'd love it to be all settled and peaceful when I get back.

I have made a written statement for both yesterday and today, my talk with my manager this morning was private and informal, he is a trustworthy person and later in the day he did say in front of witnesses that everything should be alright now and that I could forget all about now. Shame that wasn't wasn't to be