Help Required - Charging Order

scetch72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right, need to turn my attention to tomorrow morning, so will say goodnight.Thaks for listening again, im sure im a huge pain, but this is the one and only debt i have, everything else paid up and on time, with money left over at the end of te month, things were really looking up and this has just knocked me for six. But im going to carry on and try my best. Thanks and goodnight

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HiScetch 72

I can only give you moral support, as I only have limited experience of court cases.

I had 2 court cases in 1month, the first one, I was on my own and I agreed out of court,

the 2nd I had a barrister representing me, and I was more confident and won

but after finding this site, the first case I would not have given in so easily, with the knowlage I have found here.

What I am trying to get across if you have no experience and no support , It is very daunting, but with support,(many from CAG) to support you it will be not so bad,

hope it works out OK

and I will follow this threadto the end

All the best

Leakie

thank you for those kind words, im a lot better today, think the stress of a brand new class hasnt helped, but i will do my very best, someone is pulling a fast one somewhere and i will do my very best with the support to get something done about it.

I hope someone can advise on this situation - a family member has raised the money to pay off the debt, do i accept it, pay it and get rid of it, or possibly carry on in the hope that any interest or charges are removed from the debt, I know its a nice dilemma because i have a way out, but the fighter in me wants to carry on to reduce the amount of the debt - so far received nothing from shoosmiths re cpr request. I must say thank you for every piece of advice i have received so far, without this site i would have already a ccj and charging order. I can't say thank you enough, especiallly debbbsy. I do appreciate it.

Hi scetch,

You are now in a fantastic postion.

Just because someone else is prepared to pay, don't pay anymore then you have to. Wait & see how they respond, & then decide how to respond.

You have found the fighter in you, stick with it, get yourself the best possible deal. Okay, you may still end up paying (maybe not), but at the end of it, you need to feel you negotiated the best possible deal, not for yourself, but for this fantastic person who is prepared to help you out of this difficult situation.

Debsxx

Yes i know im a very lucky son with a fantastic dad who's helping- but he said he will keep the money aside until they prove they are entitled to it - he suggests writing to ss stating that IF they can provide full and up to date details of the debt and how it has come about then they can have it - but would also copy this to the court, im damned if they are getting court costs etc for this. I have found the fighter somehow even before the offer, but i have a way out which i know some on here dont have so i feel very lucky, so now im fighting for me, my dad and others on here, time to pay back to to people on here by fighting these numbskulls!

ok, the 7 days have now passed for shoosmiths to reply to the cpr and i have received nothing, what is the next step? I would like to get into a situation where i can force them into some type of negotiation, as there is money available, but i refuse to give them any money until they can provide definitive proof of any debt.

its 14 working days

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

bit confused now 7 or 14? Like ive said i have back up now with the debt but want to have it proved with documentation, so would like to get into some type of negotiation to get this debt down as far as possible, i dont think going to court is going to be an option, i want to try and get this sorted before we get that far. any advice is seriously appreciated. many thanks

cca request is 14 working days.

the sar is 40 calander days.

what you have sadly done since the start of this tread is have some belief that was they have said they MIGHT do is correct & that all that they say is correct....it's NOT.

you are now playing a game of catchy slowly monkey.

you've batted them away as they've found out your not a mug to be fleeced by their [problem] letters.

for now....you need to wait.

they've now been firmly put in their place by you

they must play their cards or quit.

they will quit by default on the cca.

then you play your hand .... a nice big reclaim, but you need the info in the SAR to do that.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hehe

been away and done some reading...its 7 days

this might help you too:

An order that unless within 14 days of the making of an order upon this application the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on 27th July 2010 pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely the agreement, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court with the costs of this case to be paid by the Claimant to the Defendant to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

The application is made because of the Claimant's refusal to comply with the Defendant's CPR 31.14 request and the documents are required owing to the age of the case and to enable the proper preparation of a Defence.

dx

and they

ok, i'll give them one day lee-way, so if i have nothing in mondays post - thats properly 7 working days, i start on the process of getting this whole clam struck out because they have not furnished me with the documents

From reading on here, it seems many solicitors/debt collection places dont really respond to the cpr 31.14 request. Is the next step to attempt to get the whole claim thrown out, or are there other steps that you have to go through - would it be a good idea for me to write to shoosmiths to say that if they can provide true documentation i am willing to make a payment to them to satisfy the debt (if there is one) - i suppose i want this millstone to just go now and i can get on with my life. But I also want to carry on fighting and make shoosmiths and arrow globals life as uncomfortable as possible by striking while the iron is hot.

ok, nothing received today and they have now exceeded the 7 working days asked for in the cpr 31.14, so my questions are, after reading extensively on here do i now hit them with the n244 - the one about making them give up what they have in 14 days or strike out claim, do i continue to wait and see what happens with the defence form that has gone in. I just feel they have been incredibly rude by not doing whats asked, and i want to make them pay! If i am to do anything id love to get it all sent for wednesday so any advice is greatly received.

would it be a good idea for me to write to shoosmiths to say that if they can provide true documentation i am willing to make a payment to them to satisfy the debt (if there is one) - i suppose i want this millstone to just go now and i can get on with my life.

Hi scetch,

I can understand your concerns, you want this resolved quickly. But the game you are playing requires patience & stamina (which as a teacher are attributes I know you must have :-)). The ball is now in shooo's court, you have done everything required, but you must give them the opportunity to respond. The longer they take, & any refusal to comply only strengthens your case.

Debs xxx

still nothing received from shoo's, im presuming that they havent got anything otherwise i would have heard by now, cca request to nationwide has been in for around 4 working days as with SAR the same time. It will be interesting to see what they come up with, i so just want to beat them now, its more a battle rather than feeling ive lost already, they can now come and have a go if they think they're hard enough, thanks again for everyone who has helped me find this strength, goodness knows where it has come from. Cpr now 8 working days old.