Me Vs RBOS - The ball is rolling **WON**

weej
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, I meant 20th October he was out the office until.

Alison

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

Cheltenham & Gloucester (ERC's)

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received acknowledgement from Ross McDonald.

RBS

13/10 - Prelim sent, 19/10 - Sod Off letter recvd, 27/10 - partial offer received, 27/10 - rejection letter sent, 3/11 - SETTLED IN FULL

21/11 - Prelim sent, 26/11 - sod off letter recved, 2/12 - LBA sent, 10/12 SETTLED IN FULL!!

Here was my reply from Tommy....

Subject:

Out of Office AutoReply: Refund Of Charges - Letter Before Action

I'm out of the CRU on AL, returning on Monday, 30 October. If you need a

response on a general CRU matter, please e-mail Ross McDonald (or contact

him on 0131 523 3240).

Wonder how quickly I'll hear something.:confused:

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

Don't believe it is just one person that decides this!

No wonder he needs a holiday ha ha ha ha

RBS

Well, I got my offer of settlement at the weekend - just over 50% of the claim value. Obviously I can't accept this, but it is reassuring to see that RBOS seem to be coping with the undoubted volume of work and hopefully I may get this done and dusted soon. If not, then court claim is issued on 7 November (forms already partially filled in, just in case!)

Onwards and upwards

j

ps. Hope this online "diary" is helping others.

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)

WeeJ

I have just been onto MCOL and it states it has to be an english or wales address? What did you do?

Also what address did you use for RBOS to claim?

Thanks

Alison

RBS

Going through MCOL, you need an English address for correspondance etc.

I will be going through the Sherrif court under summary cause for the first lot (£1500) if they dont settle beforehand.

and my claim is with TMcL's office at:

Royal Bank Of Scotland

Customer Relations Unit

Retail Market support

Ground Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

• Confused 1

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Cheers

I don't have an English address so will have to claim through small claims court in Edinburgh.

Think it will have to be 4 seperate claims!?!

Might settle in full beforehand but if they don't I could do with the extra £500!!

Alison

RBS

Alison, as your claim is under £3000 before any interest, you can claim in 2 lots, not 4:D . Summary cause ceiling is set at £1500 before interest and is the way I will be proceeding if needs be.

Claiming under Sum Cause is not much different from small claims, but we can talk about that further if it goes that far.

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

OK, so after reading and getting advice from other forum members, I went into the bank yesterday and handed over the DP form requesting full details of charges over the past 5 years. They are charging me £20 as I have 2 accounts...Is that right? They will debit the amount from ny account.

This morning, a letter arrived (1st class) which was partially hand-written, not dated and did not have a post office frank over the top of the envelope. The letter said they wrote to me to arrange a banking "review" recently as they feel it could have been of great benefit to me...etc...etc. If I would like to make an appointment please call. The thing is, I never received that letter in the first place.

Just a coincidence???? Has anyone else received this?

I'm not sure whether to:

a) make an appointment

b) write saying that I will do a review once current "enquiries" are resolved

c) Ignore it

Any advice will be great.

:confused:

Hi Gerard Dobbin here. I am taking on the RBoS too and i paid only £10 for all charges against me. These charges came from two accounts so no they cannot charge you for each one. I also recieved information regards a loan they forced me to have to clear charges.

My advice would be to ignore them and go through the step by step letters to claim your charges back.

Good luck

Gerad Dobbin

Cheers Weej, will get it touch if I don't hear anything by Friday - D Day!!!

Alison

RBS

Cheers Weej, will get it touch if I don't hear anything by Friday - D Day!!!

Alison

Mine is Monday 6th

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Gerard. SSSHHHHH!!!!!!!

RBoS seem to have forgotten to take my £10 SAR fee.

I just happened to forget:rolleyes: mentioning it.

Well Alison, wont be long for you now........if I dont hear from Tommy by Monday latest, all I have to do is sign a form!

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Just waiting for the next letter from the "big MAC"

Any joy your side, Alison? I reckon he only has 2 working days to reply to me then its interest "et al". woohoo.

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Its now 3 weeks since I handed in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) at the branch. Still not a peep. Should I give them more time or send them a little "reminder" that the clock is ticking? Is anyone else getting a quicker response to RBOS SAR

I had my response within 4days from RBoS, and i only paid £10.00 for statement information from 2 accounts and loan information. So all in all i recieved 3 lots of information for £10.

gerarddobbin

Guess what - They're paying up.....WOOHOO:D :D :D :D :D

Who's the daddy?, Who's the daddy???!!!

Just got to sort out some of the smaller details (terms and conditions etc)

There was a letter waiting on the doormat from "Big Mac" (a very very nice man;) )

Needless to say, when all is done and dusted, the donation will be made.

Now who's next in the crosshairs?

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

Guess what - They're paying up.....WOOHOO:D :D :D :D

quote]

Hey well done!! :) - been keeping an eye on your thread as I too have RBS to take on - both Mastercard & Bank account ;)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

hi guys

just want to give you all some encouragement

I put my first letter to lloyds middle of october for 2 different accounts - one for 2300 & one for 5000

they sent me sod off letter 3 days later

i then immediately sent lba letter - 3 days later i received 2 offers of - 1500 & 2300

I immediately sent letter of refusal back wednesday of this week - today I received offer letter for full amounts on both accounts and cheques will be with me this week

cant believe how quick they are payin out

i have another claim with lloyds which is for 3k - started this in july have a court date of january 2007 - they are worst ever - rbos have been fantastic

may i add my account has been closed for the last 3 years with rbos.

STICK WITH IT YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY !!!

Hi Clare,

I'm a wee bit confused by your post (so confused I said hi twice)

Did you have 2 claims with RBoS? and 1 with lloyds (going to court)?

Did you just respond on a letter by letter basis, and if so, why not wait for 14/28/40 day notice periods?

Sorry for stupid questions, we're just at the very begining of the process!

HI THERE

had 2 current accounts with rbos and they paid out both in full after LBA sent. no court contact needed.

had an account with lloyds tsb i sent them LBA in july and i am going to court in january 2007 as they are still defending charges.

hope i explained better

forgot to say:

didnt stick to dates as when they replied to my first letter they basically said 'sod off' and no further reply would be given so i felt there was no point in waiting the extra days and issued the LBA immediately and gave them 5 days notice befor court proceedings and that is when they paid up.

It seems that wherever you go on this site, each Bank's thread throws up the same people's names over and over again.

Whilst some people do seem to be "jobsworths", I really do think some bank employees should get credit for being helpful. My first example is RBS's Tommy McLean.

Let's be honest.... how many people who have slated him would rather have had their claim passed to "Cobblers" and been strung out as long as humanly possible. The bottom line is that , in my experience, "Big Mac" has been prompt and courteous, whilst operating within the undoubted confines of his banking bosses instructions. I therefore think it would be a good idea to play the "Chewing The Fat" game of Good guy/ W..k

I'll kick the ball off with - Tommy McLean......Good guy.:grin:

Next?

please note that any additions/ opinions on this thread are purely subjective and nothing at all to do with me...Honest! ;)

j

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

It is nice to see a thread where the poster realises that people have a job, and that whether you like him in the case of Tommy McLean or hate him, he is just doing the job he is paid to do. Good thread starter pity it isn;t in the General Section for others from the other banks.