Argos clearance on Ebay messed me up!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought from Argos clearance on Ebay, however, the postal address wasnt right and I realized this immediately after I clicked on confirm.

I tried frantically to get in touch with them, and I sent them a message immediately after I placed the order on Sunday. I then desperately tried ringing the seller number on Monday and the phone was never picked up or answered. It just kept ringing.

Today I found out it has been delivered to the wrong address despite my best efforts to contact them. I eventually managed to get through to them today on the phone and they simply were not interested and even accused me of being a liar.

In terms of options, I am prepared to open the dispute console, or even charge the money back from my card.

Please help.

Stephany.

Hi Stephany

Welcome to CAG

Some of the guys will be along to advise.

Do you know the actual address it's gone to?, I know it's not ideal but it might be an idea to track it down? There are loads of tools on the internet to track the address. Unfortunately, Argos aren't the Customer Friendly company they use to be.

Hello, it was my old company in another part of the country. I got an embarrassing email from them saying that they had a parcel for me. Ideally they would have refused the delivery. I wish that had done that. Also, I also asked the seller to CANCEL the order if this could not be ammended. The seller didnt check their messages and I feel they failed to provide me with the service that they had a duty to provide me as a buyer!

Hi Steffany

Send an e-mail to Argos explaining whats happened?

Why you think think Argos should rectify the situation?

Tell them you want the item picked up form it's current location

and delivered to you.

Have a read of this, it gives you details of your rights:- http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/dsr_letter/

You can detail your rights in your e-mail to Argos,

Address it for the attention of Sara Weller, Chief Executive

[email protected]

Clearance Bargains unfortunately is not dealt with by Argos customer services as it comes under its on entity within the company, DSR do allow for rejecting the goods and sending them back at your expense (though they do need to refund the delivery charge).

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

why is argos at fault?

The buyer entered the wrong address and argos have delivered the product to the address given at time of purchase.

You cant blame them for your own mistakes.

Troll. Reported.

Troll. Reported.

Why is he a troll when all he's done is tell the truth?

I was thinking the same thing, am i a troll then?

Its up to the buyer (you) to provide the correct address at time of payment

Edited by callumsgran
added

Just looking in. I'm afraid Steffany you have to fae up to the fact that it was your mistake. Unfortunate, but true. Of course, the people at the address where the goods were delivered have no right to keep them, so you should be able to get them or DSR to sort it out.

Can we rename the title of this as its misleading should be "I made a mistake on Argos eBay order" the thread should be dealing with how best to get the goods back as the address have illegally obtained your goods. Might be worth having a word with the police as that address should have refused delivery as your name was no longer there. Good Luck OP!

Atlantis is right. There are 2 possibilities:

1. the people at the delievery address kept the goods. They have no right to do so. Ask them for the goods (nicely) and, if they refuse, go to the police.

2. the people at the delivery address either refused to accept the goods or sent them back. Contact DSR for a new delivery (you will probably have to pay for it). You have paid for the goods so you are entitled to them.

I know this is different from Ebay clearance but when I purchased an expensive item from Argos store last year and found it faulty. I went back to the store that I purchased it from and they were wonderful.

They arranged for the item to be returned and paid me £25.00 for employing a handy man for trying to put the item up for me.

The store returned my initial purchased plus cost of delivery, the store gave me a name of their customers services to write to for reimbursement of the £25.00 handyman fee. I really thought that I would not get from them but true to their word I got a cheque for £25.00 a couple of weeks later. Well done ARGOS. :eek: