Marston Group - Final demand WITHOUT PREVIOUS LETTERS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to this forum so first of all HI.!

Ok, So i have just received a letter from Marston Group demanding £365 quid from me.

it was sent to my mothers house where I do not live. I have not received any previous letters or even the original fine. (could have been hidden by my previous boyfriend) the letter says,

Client: HMCS Devon & Cornwall

Client Ref: XXXXXXXXX

Total Amount outstanding: £365.00

We are in possession of a Magistrates Court Order as a consequence of non payment of the above fine.

Your residence at the above address has been confirmed by Marston Group tracing & Investigation unit.

As you have failed to deal with this outstanding fine or respond to letters delivered to this and/or previous address/es, we must inform you that unless the TOTAL sum due is paid within 7 days of this letter, our bailiffs will attend to levy distress and remove goods for sale by PUBLIC AUCTION.

I have not lived at the above address as they stated for years! its my mothers address! I have not received any previous letters! just this final demand.

I am currently on benefit as I am disabled I do not have anywhere near the money to pay this.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. The payment is due by this wednesday 11th Aug.

thank you.

Zo :-(

This happened to us too, Zo except we didnt even get a final demand, the bailiff just turned up (my post is just a few below yours). I dont know how to deal with your address situation, have you contacted the court to tell them you dont live at the address? If you havent already, ask to speak to the chief fines officer and explain your situation - the fines officer has been the only one who has offered any help to us x

Hay, Thanx for your reply. I cannot believe they just turned up like that!!!

I am a complete novice to court action so I didnt even know who to call at the court. I will call them tomorrow.

I am so scared i really am. Reading post on here about them impersonating police officers, breaking into peoples houses.

its terrible.

It seems in my case that they have sent all correspondence to my previous address (not my mums) which i have not lived at for over 3 years they have found info for my mums address and sent this demand there!

hope you get sorted soon. x

You are classed as Vulnerable due to being disabled. Google the national standards for enforcement agents (if you cannot fomd them on here) and email them to Marsdon's along with details of your disability regsitration - also send this to the applicable court (call the court if you can too)

This is actually rather SIMPLE.

You will need to contact the Magistrates Court and ask for details of the fine and advise them that you had not received a summons and that you therefore want to file a Statutory Declaration. This will CANCEL the fine and a new summons will then be issued to your new address. The bailiff fees of £275 will have to be removed.