Central Ticketing - Unfair "Fine".

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My girlfriend recently parked my car in some bays we spotted outside our flat.

In a nutshell, the whole area is littered with "Parking Notice" signs that state: "You may be issued with a ticketed parking charge [...] if you park without a valid permit"..

At least, that's the bit that is specific to me. At every other location I have seen around the estate, where there are parking bays there is a second "no stopping" style sign (red circle, blue interior with a "\" across it) stating the times one can park. And who can park. The bays outside my flat however, have no such smaller sign. My girlfriend looked out for them, but not finding any thought that she was permitted to park in these bays (the bays are actually just outside some empty retail units - so we thought perhaps they would be reserved for customers at a later date).

Anyway, I come back to the car and find a Penalty Charge Notice. I wasn't aware of this site, so I write to them to appeal on the grounds that there signs do not make it clear that it is prohibited to park in these particular bays (noting the absence of a "Permit Holders only" sign), providing photos of the area of both the bay my car was parked in, and other bays which have the other clearer signage.

They reject this inside a day!! And despite only a day passing, my 14 days to pay up has now reduced to 10. And they've misspelt my name! Shows how much attention they paid.

Again, unfamiliar with this site, I reply - pointing out their errors and stating I wish to appeal to the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service. However I have since realised this only applied to Councils, not private companies on private land, which the estate is. They haven't yet replied.

My question is: What do I do now? Or rather, what do I do when they reply to me? I seem to have a few options.

1) Start to ignore their letters on the basis that they are a private company and have no legal grounds to "fine" me. The only basis on which they can do so is to state that I entered into a contract with them (as I understand it). The burden of proof is therefore on them to prove that I "read and understood" that their generic sign applied to these, otherwise unmarked, parking bays - which obviously I dispute.

2) State my argument as in (1) in a letter/email - rather then ignore them.

3) Inform them that I didn't park the car (it's true! I didn't! My girlfriend did!) and that they should pursue the driver, rather than me, as owner of the car. Obviously I wouldn't give them her name - but I would feel guilty putting this on her back so am less inclined to do this unless I know she's "safe".

Or put another way...

Given, I've already initiated contact - do I continue to write to them (using the templates on this site), do I inform them I wasn't the driver and proceed to be unhelpful in identifying who that was - or do I ignore them henceforth?

Any advice, greatly received.

Molf.

Thanks guys - I'll keep you posted as to the outcome. I've scoured your boards for success stories, but often people simply disappear!

One hopes this is because the bloodsuckers (nice name) went away, rather than they caved and paid the fine.

they dont come back because it ending however there are many post where regular posters have said after the 5 - 6 letters inc those from there pet corrupt solicitors have sent stupid letter, then it ends , only a few stupid PPC's have braved Court typical are excel and if you google them you will see how they got hammer by the Judges

PPC's do not have an appeals service other than sending out an automatic 'Appeal denied' . They are not interested in whether or not the charge is justifiable (it isn't) and are there to make money out of those who are taken in by their silly bits of paper

The best course of action which has worked well for myself and others is to ignore everything they send whoever it purports to be from be it Debt Collectors or Solicitors.

All contacting does is show them that you exist and may be taking them seriously and are therefore swimming close to hook and might bite if threatened a bit more

As with all bullies - ignore them and they lose interest go away

If they refer to it as a fine they are breaking the law

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Just had my second letter which was in reply to the last letter I sent (before I signed up here and read through many of the threads). Now you would think that any reasonable company would point out that, as a Private Company, they are not subject to the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service. Of course, they are not actually subject to any appeal service what so ever. One cannot "appeal" a bill. One can only contest and refuse to pay it!! I digress... But no... they say:

"Your second appeal has been rejected... the charge still stands [insert template reply here, blah blah blah]" - I didn't make a second appeal, you morons!! At least my 10 days has reset. Maybe if I just keep sending them letters they'll keep sending me replies telling me I have 10 days in which to reply!!? :)

The temptation to inform them that I have researched their company, that I am aware that the charge is not a fine but an essentially an invoice and that the only way they could ever legally get the money off of me is to take me to court and prove I have breached some "contract" I unknowingly made with them when I parked in an unmarked frikking bay!!

Sorry, ranting now. How they can get away with this sort of thing!?

Anyway, I won't reply. The ignoring starts now.

Thanks guys - I'll keep you posted as to the outcome. I've scoured your boards for success stories, but often people simply disappear!

I have four invoices from CT for not displaying my permit in our underground car park, the earliest dating back to September of 2009. I've received threatening letters but every time they've given up. Hope this helps.